what is friendship all about || cloudedsky

mousebrain

penned by Harry Styles
Nov 18, 2022
mousebrain's mouth twists into a frown as he seeks out cloudedsky (though just a brief one; he's never one to pout for long). that poor girl has just been so down lately! now, mousebrain knows there's plenty to be down about, but he's still bouncy as ever, paws made light by the knowledge of how much he loves his many, many, many best friends!

cloudedsky among them, of course. and what kind of best friend would mousebrain be if he didn't try and cheer her up?! he finds her sitting in camp after (presumably) a busy morning for the both of them, and it strikes him as the perfect moment.

"hiya there, friend," he says cheerfully, tilting his head in question. "what have you been up to, huh? hunting, training? i've had a real nice morning myself!"

assuming she responds well enough, he'll settle down beside her. in a softer tone, he adds, "are ya doin' alright? i know a lot's been happening around here... gosh, it's enough to make any cat frown! thank goodness we've got the stars on our side."

he speaks with full confidence, assured of windclan's promised prosperity. sootstar believes in it, after all, and sootstar is mousbrain's best friend!!

"if you need an ear to listen, i'm here! what's a best friend for, right?"

his smile is extra-warm.

@Cloudedsky