private what it takes to be a hero // Florabreeze

Bluepaw

meant to be here
Mar 3, 2024

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-C’mon you slow poke! You gotta walk faster than that, Cherryblossom will have our hide if we dont make it there soon,” The tone was fretting with worry, and white paws danced across the grass. It was nearly past dawn at this point in time and it seemed like lately, Bluepaw had been wanting to get to camp sooner and sooner while also staying later and later in the day. The young apprentice was having the time of his life in the clans and working as hard as he could possibly go with everything going on. He worked hard, as hard as he could and with his whole heart, and he was more than excited to keep it going. Though this meant he was forcing his daylight warrior friend, Florabreeze, to also get up early to walk with him back and forth to camp. Even if there was a couple days that Bluepaw left the twoleg den without Florabreeze in tow- but that was another topic for another time.

Bluepaw glanced over his shoulder at the Maine coon she-cat and purred happily, “Do you think Beetleback will want to do some hunting? I am finding i really like to hunt! OH and climb! I love climbing too” He chattered on like he’d been awake for at least a few hours at this point. Bluepaw was filled with energy as he stopped and was nearly vibrating in spot as he waited for the she-cat to catch up to him, “What about you? What are you planning on doing today? Any more training for yourself or is that over now that you’ve got your name?

The young cat couldnt wait to get his name and the prospect of being a full-fledged warrior was so enticing he was more than ready to work to the bone. He was going to make his placement in the clan proud, deserved even, and there was no one going to stop him!

Speech

“Cherryblossom won't have our hide you're fine, if anything someone will grumble about us being lazy but when doesn't that happen?” Florabreeze shot back as she yawned, trailing behind but close enough to Bluepaw. She wasn't the biggest fan of Bluepaw leaving earlier and earlier to go to camp, she didn't want him walking around here alone though so she was always going to be there with him. She had thought about joking about him just sleeping at camp some nights so he can be up as early as he wanted but she thought that he may take her joking tone literally.

It was endearing to see him so chipper, she wouldn't deny that at all. He seemed restless and aimless before he took the plunge to join SkyClan so it was nice to see him hold a purpose. She wondered how his apprenticeship with Beetleback was going, she would consider the tom a friend but she could imagine he was a little too relaxed for Bluepaw's liking. She personally enjoyed it, if anything she thought the apprentice needed someone calmer to help him sort through the bundle of energy that he had.

“I'm sure if you asked him then he would like to do anything you'd like to do today.” A small purr rumbled from her as she meowed, unable to hide the affection she held at the sight of the child she practically help raise taking charge in the world like that. “How high can you climb then? I bet it's not at as high as me!” There was an unspoken challenge in her words, maybe she could get him to climb with her later.

“I'll probably join a patrol if one's going out today, otherwise who knows! Maybe I'll hunt, I'll see where my whims take me” her whims usually meant accompanying someone when they went to fulfil their clan duties. More often than not her whims also meant checking in on her friend in the nursery den, Bluepaw didn't need to hear that though she was certain he'd try to tease her for it.

•  

• SkyClan Daylight Warrior⏐ She / Her ⏐ Info
    A large black tabby maine coon with low white and bright green eyes, always wearing her mushroom print collar if she can.
    32 moons old { Ages realistically on the 12th per month }
    Mentored by Sorrelsong
    “Speech”, thoughts, attacking
    Penned by Juice ⏐ouijeejuice on discord {open to being dmed for plots}

78852319_vumN7ips8y6r7bD.png
The blue tabby tomcat pouted slightly at his friends suggestion people thought they were lazy- but she wasnt wrong. There was always one cat who seemed to be irate at their presence or any of the daylight cats’ presences. No one was truly happy to see them but that wasnt going to deter him! He didnt care what they thought even though part of him, a larger part of himself, really believed they thought poorly of him. Bluepaw wanted to do right by the clan, to earn his spot were he belonged and he was itching to get things started.

The young apprentice adverted his blue gaze downwards for a moment and nodded in understanding, trailing along beside Florabreeze now. Bluepaw then looked back to her when she purred at him and his pelt washed hotly, bristling slightly like a kit who was being embarrassed by their mother even though no one was around. He would ask his mentor for certain to do something, to do anything really and he puffed out his chest next, “I can definitely climb better and higher than you! I bet you can’t even walk through the branches!” He sounded defensive but he was just really proud of his skill set. Bluepaw though felt this sense of unease turn over his stomach and he looked back forward as they walked.

Florabreeze spoke about joining a patrol and he nodded in following along with the conversation. He wanted to join a patrol too. Maybe border one with the other clans? He had yet to see the other clans more than just a passing glance and he wondered what it’d be like to speak to them. Did they sound different? Where they built different? He wasnt sure and he didnt know if he’d ever know to be honest. Maybe that was something they could ask Beetleback about- a border tour or something.

Though there was more pressing matters on the young tomcats’ mind and he went quiet suddenly. Like the energy before was a mere cloak of how he really feel or a personification of his own anxiety. Probably the latter of the two if he had to guess but regardless, he furrowed his brow a bit and then glanced to his friend beside him.

How would she feel about it? This idea that was teetering on his tongue and threatened to spill at any moment. Bluepaw was finding more and more that his place between the two worlds of kitty pet and warrior was fading. That there was a strong lean towards one direction and Bluepaw knew which way the scale tipped. He loved his parents, he cared for them and wanted nothing but the best for them. Though he felt stagnant as a house cat, he felt like he was being suffocated and his flame burnt out every time they locked him in the house for a day because he’d been out too long. No, there was more to the world than the twolegs he loved.

Hey- Flora?” He started out quietly, his tone wavering slightly and he seemed hesitant for a moment, “Have you ever thought of leaving your twolegs for the clans? Like to do you think it’s a good idea?” He was beating around the bush, avoiding the confrontation entirely and he swallowed thickly. Though he wanted to gauge her opinion, to see what she thought of the idea before letting her know his own feelings. Florabreeze mattered most to him in this world, she had been there for him since he could remember and he valued her words more than he should probably. Though he couldnt help but think that kitty pet life wasnt for him- wasnt what he wanted.

Speech.​
  •  

• Bluepaw-- 8 months Skyclan Daylight Apprentice
    -- AMAB Cisgendered Masculine
    -- Panromantic Demisexual Questioning Polyamory
    -- Apprentice to Beetleback
    -- A stock, short blue tabby cat with high white and sky blue eyes (carrying; TBD)
    -- Notable friendships; Edenberry, Florabreee, Jaypaw, Owlheart, Emberpaw​

The question brings any retort she had about being able to climb better then him to a screeching halt. Instead she's left speechless, her tongue presses against the roof of her mouth as she tries to get a read on the apprentice. She could see that dance he was trying to maneuever, he seems to have forgotten who had practically raised him but she didn't. She could tell through the wavering tone and the careful wording that there was something more to this than just a hypothetical idea.

“I”as she faces Bluepaw she doesn't see the blue tom for a moment, instead the ghost of a memory. A child she never had the chance to raise, green eyes blink once more and it's him again. Her resolve is shaken, if only for a moment, that easy going smile slipping into a long hidden mourning. She wasn't ready to lose him too, though would it really be losing him? Florabreeze trusts SkyClan, maybe he would fit in more with his denmates if he had the opportunity to stay behind with them. Did he feel lonely?

“Only once” she finds herself confessing, her face scrunches as she considers it. That night when she returned from discovering Applefrost and Dandelionwish, it had been the only time she considered leaving. She had a long talk with Ditto that night, it felt like a light at the end of the tunnel. The talk had given her clarity on what she wanted, realising that instead of wanting to leave her twolegs she had merely been seeking safety.

“After what happened to Applefrost and Dandelionwish I considered it. I decided against it though. I love SkyClan but I love Twolegplace too. I've spent a long time here, I wouldn't want to trade any future memories for the world.” While she spoke she watched Bluepaw curiously, trying to detect what he may be thinking right now. Her intention isn't to dissuade him, despite that fear of losing him she wanted him to make his own choices.

“I don't have an opinion on if its a good idea or not, everyone's experiences are different, my little blueberry. I can't say if it would be a good idea for others, I just know it wasn’t a good idea for me.” A tender smile worms it's way back on the maine coons maw as she bumps her nose against the top of his head. It somehow felt like a goodbye, not a permanent goodbye but one to the Bluepaw she once knew.

“You're thinking about joining SkyClan full time aren't you?” Her words aren't an accusation, they're gentle. The words a mother uses when their young has injured themself, a soft coo and uncharacteristically mature. She didn't see the point in beating around the bush about this, it wasted time in her eyes. “I will miss walking with you but I support you if that's what you want to do. You're happy here, I want to see you happy.” She fights back the urge to let her emotions carry her away, she's aware that her eyes are misty but she refuses to acknowledge it.

“I love you Blue. I.. You're like a son to me. That wouldn't change if you left your twolegs, it's unconditional.”

•  

• SkyClan Daylight Warrior⏐ She / Her ⏐ Info
    A large black tabby maine coon with low white and bright green eyes, always wearing her mushroom print collar if she can.
    33 moons old { Ages realistically on the 12th per month }
    Mentored by Sorrelsong
    “Speech”, thoughts, attacking
    Penned by Juice ⏐ouijeejuice on discord {open to being dmed for plots}

• Crying
Reactions: wolfie
78852319_vumN7ips8y6r7bD.png
There was a static feeling in the air like something was waiting to snap. A buzz behind his ears, a painful thumping heart as he looked at her. He wanted to expect something predictable, something that he could fear for but there was nothing. Florabreeze did in fact practically raise him since he came to his parents at two months old. She had watched that weak, sickly kitten and been by his side since then. His parents didnt even mind her from what he could tell but yet he felt like he was letting her down. Bluepaw didnt want to disappoint her above all else, he didnt want to cause her fear or anxiety over his safety. He would be okay, he knew that, and there wasnt anything going to stop him.

Then the other paw hit the ground as Florabreeze finally spoke and she faced him. Though for a split second it did feel like she was looking at something else, like he’d grown two heads or something and he bristled slightly. Was she upset? Was she going to tell him no? Sure he could make his own choice and he knew that but she mattered to him, and he didnt want to loose Florabreeze.

Only once.

The words echo beside he ear and he twitched it slightly, looking at the Maine coon with round, sky blue hues. She had thought about it? Why didn’t she do it? Bluepaw wanted to ask but she kept talking and discussed with him about Dandelionwish and Applefrost. He nodded a little in understanding as he wasnt around for that and he felt guilty over it. So much went on while he was gone and it was why he was determined to join the clan. So he could be there and support the clan like he wanted too. Bluepaw moved closer to the molly and looked up at her with round eyes. So she ended up changing her mind, suppose that made sense. Though one day he hoped they could wake up together again and walk in the morning, even if it wasnt to any where then.

Florabreeze then affectionately called him ‘little blueberry’ and his pelt flamed at the notion. Bristling slightly and he huffed a little, about to object to it but then a nose touch the top of his head. The flame dwindled and he pouted slightly a little, as this wasnt helpful to him. Though it was helping his choice and making it feel like his choice wasnt in vain. That she’d still be there for him.

Thats understandable, its not for everyone” He agreed with her and nodded a little. At least his little question was answered and he went to continue on about the climbing they wanted to do- but her words stopped him. His head whipped around and the hair on shoulders fluffed up, “I-I!” He stammered a little- how did she know? Bluepaw adverted his gaze downward a little before giving a small nod, he had been pondering it for some time now. Since getting his name really and making friends with all these new cats.

Though what came next made his heart ache and Bluepaws’ ears flicked back slightly. The young tomcat swallowed thickly and could see his vision start to blur a little as she said she’d support him if that’s what he wanted, “So youre not disappointed in me?” He voiced meekly, like a kit trying to appease their parent.

Bluepaw then felt the tears freely flow down his cheeks as he looked at Florabreeze, watching her own green gaze grow misty with her own words. He gave a small sniffle before head butting into her chest and pressing against her like he use to when he was much, much smaller, “Floraaaa! Why you gotta do that!” He whined between little tear of joy. The young apprentice then shuffled his front paws a little, “Youre the mom I’ve always wanted- after all you did raise me and havent gotten tired of me yet! Thank you, Flo-

Bluepaw furrowed his brow then looked up at her before purring out, “Thanks, mom, ill make you proud i promise

Speech.​
  •  

• Bluepaw-- 10 months Skyclan Daylight Apprentice
    -- AMAB Cisgendered Masculine
    -- Panromantic Demisexual Questioning Polyamory
    -- Apprentice to Beetleback
    -- A stock, short blue tabby cat with high white and sky blue eyes (carrying; TBD)
    -- Notable friendships; Edenberry, Florabreee, Jaypaw, Owlheart, Emberpaw​