private what love could get this vicious? ♕

. ° ✦ Doepath was left so severely shaken, Antlerbreeze clammed up to a fearful shell, and Sunshinespot was gone... What remained of his friends in ThunderClan was not the introduction he ever anticipated to their warriorhood. They were meant to bring swift justice to those that brought harm and fulfill their duties to preserve ThunderClan's strength. He was not trained for... this, the kind of Clan Skyclaw intended to rule about.

He hadn't expected Fallowbite to support it so brazenly. At least with cats like Falconheart and Raccoonstripe, he knew where they stood despite their compliance. But it had snapped and urged its sisters to bend their knee, as if it had knew what was occurring all along.

"Hey, wait-" Braveheart trotted after mottled fur as she passed him, trying to remain discreet. "What's... happening with you? You haven't said anything to me, not even at our ceremonies, or after the vigil." Carefully he tiptoed around mentioning her involvement in Skyclaw's madness. Something had to have happened before... before all of it actually happened. "I'm worried about you."
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:@FALLOWBITE
  • BRAVEHEART — HE/HIM ・ 11 MOONS ・ THUNDERCLAN & WARRIOR ・ PENNED BY beatae!
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby with a white locket and deep blue eyes. A large cat who stands tall and proud. His coat is thick with long wispy curls. Severe scars from owl talons stretch across his shoulders and another that starts from his back down his left thigh.

ˏˋ*⁀➷ Of course Braveheart would come after her. That's what he's always done, isn't it? Following after her all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Except - that brightness is gone now. It's a hard thing to hold, in the wake of everything that's happened. Even he has to crack sometime.

It doesn't feel as satisfying as she once thought it would. His concern should being annoyance, but instead all she finds is an empty pit in her stomach. "Don't be," she snarls, with that practiced sort of vitriol. She's not exactly worth worrying over. All that has lead it here is its own mistakes, its own decisions. Its own cruelty. She bares it still as she does her fangs. "Haven't you got it by now? Y'shouldn't be hanging around with cats like me." Murderers. Cats with blood staining their teeth, like it and Skyclaw. Braveheart has always been a better cat than her.

• 84967151_9ydGxfWsqAPcif1.png
  • FALLOWBITE ⁀➷ she / it, warrior of thunderclan, twelve moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerbreeze & doepath.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

. ° ✦ It's snarl is answered as they all had been with before, faced with a wide-eyed look of worry. He only felt empathetic to Fallowbite's position, considering it akin to where he stood for Coalpaw and Hopepaw. Forced to conform for their safety, trying to urge them that fighting back alone was not worth the consequence.

"What do you mean? You've always been my friend." Braveheart looked over the scarred molly for a moment. He worried for how often it found herself this way, losing more and more fur in favor of scarred flesh. Giving blood to the whims of a fight; was it Skyclaw's preference for violence that found his cause so alluring?

"I can't... stop myself from this. It's like breathing or... or blinking. I just do it, caring for you. Why is that wrong? Don't you care about me, too?" Perhaps not the best question to ask, considering her quick wittedness and attempts to cut him down for the sake of shaking off his friendliness. But he naively believed Fallowbite wouldn't lie to him about such a thing. Not this.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby with a white locket and deep blue eyes. A large cat who stands tall and proud. His coat is thick with long wispy curls. Severe scars from owl talons stretch across his shoulders and another that starts from his back down his left thigh.

ˏˋ*⁀➷ "Some friend I've been," Fallowbite mutters. He's so insistent about it, no matter how many times she's tried to push him away. Her anger has twisted now, turned on herself instead of him. She was always the one at fault, wasn't she? She is a cruel and wild thing. "That's somethin' you decided. I never wanted any part in it," She pities him only in that he cannot seem to see her for who she is.

I just do it, caring for you. She pressed her eye shut at the sound of his voice, words ringing through her head. Why, her mind screams again and again. What has she possibly done to deserve that? His efforts have been met with bared teeth time and time again. Maybe he was sent by those stars he so loved - to torment her. A constant reminder of her own cruelty, an inverse reflection meeting every snap of bloodstained teeth with kindness and laughter.

She's running out of retorts. He's worn her down throughout the moons, until she can't bring that same bite to meet his care.

She does care about him, despite everything. He has been nothing but good to her, and it makes her feel sick. After a long silence, she finally speaks. "Why d'you think I'm trying so hard t'keep you away from me?" The admission feels sour on her tongue. He deserves better. She's known that all along.

• 84967151_9ydGxfWsqAPcif1.png
  • FALLOWBITE ⁀➷ she / it, warrior of thunderclan, twelve moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerbreeze & doepath.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

. ° ✦ It's bitter murmuring is what brought the return of a smile. It's not as wide and gleaming as it would be, if times were less uncertain. It's contained, shrunken, but somehow the curves of his lips still create the crinkles to his eyes without meeting them.

"Yeah, I did." Braveheart joined her in these mutterings. "It wasn't so much a choice... like what you're going to eat after a patrol. Or what task I'm giving an apprentice. It just happened, I like being around you."

It's quiet. He's not sure what to say, if there is anything else he can. Instead he tried to find the comfort within it. Sharing space alongside Fallowbite once again, looking at the way dappled sunlight peered down upon her scruffy pelt.

Braveheart's gaze flickered back to her eye as her voice found itself, and she has delivered him a sense of relief. Boldly did he get closer, letting the side of his muzzle brush against her shoulder, his head bowed to her. "You don't have to anymore. We can protect each other without that, can't we?"
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc: