private WHAT WAS I MADE FOR &. gentlestorm

ORANGEPAW.

I FLOAT IN A BOAT☆▪︎°○
Jun 7, 2023
WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

orangepaw had wanted to talk to gentlestorm after the meeting. the young tom cat trusts everyone, that's not a surprise. but he trusts gentlestorm the most. maybe it's because he fell asleep on him. how comfortable he felt, and how much that reminded him of his mother. he misses her, and he hopes she comes back so they can be clan cats together. still, he wants to talk to gentlestorm. he had heard that he was a warrior becoming a medicine cat so maybe... maybe he would have the answers that he was looking for.

"hey, gentlestorm. what does it mean to be a good warrior?"

he asks, as he settles onto his haunches.

"some cats say you were a warrior before and I'm sure you were a great one! s... so I just... wanted to know if I could be one. but I don't know how to be one yet other than training but it's still really confusing sometimes! and... and I wanted to ask if you think my mom will find me here? I keep going back to the spot where she left me and I haven't seen here and I just wanna make sure she comes back, you know? i think she would be a good warrior!"

poor kids rambling again but he can't help it.

// @GENTLESTORM

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — Once the meeting's over with and the crowd begins to dissipate, Gentlestorm turns his attention over to Orangepaw who seemed intent on asking him something. Of course, the medicine cat could spare some of his time nor does he mind lending an ear to listen to any inquiries or concerns from the youth. He's grown quite used to it especially since a lot of the kittens seemed to enjoy his presence or at least, felt comforted by it. He settles down so he could listen closely to the orange tabby's question and it makes him blink away some surprise, surely, if the apprentice wanted to know what a good warrior was then he would've asked his mentor. His dark eyes briefly searching for Butterflyskip yet he doesn't succeed in finding her so he would simply steer Orangepaw in the right direction. "That's actually a very good question," He hums as he mulls over his answer knowing that he would definitely bring up the warrior code though he isn't able to dwell on it for long when the apprentice begins to ramble.

All seems well until he brings up his mother again and Gentlestorm has to force his smile from faltering at the mention of Orangepaw's mother, it makes his heart ache terribly. His brows knitting together as he remains silent until the tabbied tom finishes speaking and it hurts at the last part spoken about how he thought that his mother likely would've made a good warrior. "I'm sure that she would've been a great hunter." He offers not feeling certain if he should potentially break the news that Orangepaw's mother likely wouldn't come back for her kit, the pale pelted tom staring at the young apprentice and remembering how he had been covered by blood from head to toe. How the same kitten chirped that it was his mother's blood... A low breath falls from his lips and he shoves aside the memory so he could focus on the question itself. What it meant to be a good warrior.

"What you'll learn is that everyone has their own answers for what makes a good warrior. I personally believe that it's important to familiarize yourself with the warrior code and hold it to heart, dare not to break it." Gentlestorm begins to say as he thinks about those that had went on patrol to steal prey from Skyclan before continuing, "Some actions break the code even if one means well... To feed the clan and making sure that we thrive but when we take prey from other clans, we are stealing meals from their kits, queens, and elders." Perhaps, he has grown softhearted during the moons that he has become a medicine cat even if he doubts it for a few heartbeats that allowed him some time to think clearly.

"These laws have been made for a reason and when you are to recieve your warrior name, Howlingstar, will ask you if promise to uphold the warrior code... What will you say?" His warm dark honeyed gaze focuses onto Orangepaw and carefully watches his expression.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    56 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

he's not quite sure what that means for him. what he's meant to do. gentlestorm says the warrior code is what they need to live by, hold it close and never break it. it makes sense. it was made for good reason, right? there wouldn't be a code that was there for no good reason... or something like that. his tail twitches in thought as he shifts his weight to be ever so slightly more comfortable than he had been. right. the patrol he thoughts about going on but he didn't. he'd only wanted to help his clan, and while some cats in the patrol regret nothing– would probably even do it again– he understands that to take prey from other clans when they're not offering it only means that they're taking food from them. if any clan was to do the same, they'd be furious. they'd never justify it and that's something that confuses him about clans. why don't they work harder to work together, that way everyone is happy? maybe he's just too naive to understand.

gentlestorm continues on, and he blinks curiously. he doesn't... know what he'd say. the obvious answer seems to be that he would gladly protect his clan and follow the warrior code. he would. it's what he's supposed to do, and his mama has always said he was a good listener. but there is something in his brain that he just can't help but be more confused. does following the warrior code mean hurting other clans for the sake of your own? his brows furrow curiously and he pushes his bad thoughts away. no point in dwelling on what could be, and focus on what is now! besides, he doesn't think he could hurt anyone if he tried!

"i say that I will, right? the warrior code seems easy enough to follow! do you have to follow the warrior code, too, even though you're not a warrior anymore? and if my mom decided to become a warrior, she'd have to follow it, right? what happens when we don't? do we get in trouble with howlingstar? and starclan? and what about those technicalities like the patrol? they did break the code but they also were upholding it? that's confusing! would they not have broken it if they just asked skyclan? can we do that? just ask other clans for help or does thst break the code, too? 'cause isn't part of defending the clan from harm making sure that we are fed well? but we aren't allowed to hunt in other territories and that's what the patrol did, right? so what does... that mean? oh. oh I'm sorry! i'm taking up all your time, aren't i?"

he's just a curious cat and sure he could ask his mentor– he would ask his mentor. but he wants to talk to gentlestorm as of right now.

"my mom says it's important to ask questions when I don't know something, is all! I'm learning, though! mhm! I just wanna make sure I know everything it means to be a good warrior so I can be one of the best!"

• Love
Reactions: GENTLESTORM
YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — He watches Orangepaw carefully as he can feel an amused but warm smile forming itself onto his maw and he feels touched that the vibrant tom sought him out to ask about the warrior code when there's plenty of others to ask yet he knows a lot of the council that he works alongside with. They wouldn't want a repeat of the patrol that had stolen prey and a fight had broke out during it, Gentlestorm shifts until his body's lowered against the ground to show that he doesn't mind if some of his time is taken from his day. A lot of the time, he's either patrolling the territory by himself for herbs or he's sorting said plants within his den which he finds to be lonely aside from the occasional visitors. Orangepaw proceeds to speak only to pick out a few potential flaws from the code and Gentlestorm knows that it isn't perfect by any means but to live without laws with the risk of the clans being at one another's throats constantly... He'd rather deal with these flaws than not and the same could apply for the medicine cat code, he knows that there may be cats that could potentially be keen on breaking the code.

"Yes, you say that you will. And I do have to follow the warrior code despite being a medicine cat, it's a lot to remember alongside the code made for medicine cats as well. Despite that, I will continue to follow both... What good would it be if I, a cat entrusted with the well-being of the clan, were to break codes left and right? I'd be no good at all. Howlingstar wouldn't want me on her council or even near my own clanmates." He begins to explain the best that he could without confusing the apprentice and sighs quietly under his breath, he wishes that everything would be easier or simpler kind of like his time in the mountains where everyone was prickly towards one another but in time, they became a group of their own. They had to rely on each other and they could do anything yet the homesickness had been too powerful, once, they had gotten their paws on the lungwort... Their makeshift clan had crumbled apart. A dry chuckle left his parted jaws knowing he had crumbled apart way before that point. "When we do not follow the code, we do get in trouble and upset Howlingstar. Starclan too. For their eyes are always upon us despite how far away they are from us."

Gentlestorm pauses as he tries to give an example of what would become of someone who broke the code and he speaks once more "You can bet that Raccoonstripe got a stern talking to and not just because of Howlingstar being his mother. He had led that patrol and he knew that he had broken a code despite feeling he had done right by his clan." The pale healer places one limb over the other only to offer a sad smile and a shake of his head, "Unfortunately, Skyclan has given us too much. They had already let Dawnglare come here so I could finish my training. To ask them for freshkill would be asking for too much especially since the reason that we're struggling with prey is due to how many kits we have in the nursery. A lot of mouths to feed that we alone are responsible for... It's no one else's but our own." A lot of the queens would agree with them that stealing the prey from Skyclan had been wrong none of the queens as far as he knew had eagerly taken the prey without remorse.

"Don't apologize, glowbug. You aren't taking my time, I promise... Your mother's right in that notion, it's best to ask a lot of questions if you're ever confused about anything. So, if you ever need questions answered I will lend my ears, I'm certain, that Butterflyskip will do her best in answering them as well." A warm smile on his maw as he finishes speaking.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    56 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

he nods his head in slight understanding. there are definitely somethings he just doesn't understand but he will with time, he thinks. he scratches at his ear with a hind legs before setting up more straight as he tilts his head. okay. that seemed simple enough. gentlestorm or butterflyskip could answer his questions. both of them must have been really really smart then, right?

"okay! one last question, okay?"

he turns his head away for a moment, taking time to stare off elsewhere. there it is. that weird feeling again that he just doesn't understand. the one that leaves his stomach twisting and his heart pounding. he only flicks his ear at it before turning to face the medicine cat again.

"can you come with me this time to find my mom? I want you to meet her! I think you guys would be the best of friends, gentlestorm!"