what will you leave behind | thistle

Kuiper had spoke of Howlpaw, chocolate tortoiseshell left to rot alone in the twoleg place. She was already half-dead when I left her on the road, remembering the sneer in his voice, but there had been a black blur that had sprung from the shadows. Purple collar fastened around a neck, she knew exactly who it had been, and he had gone crashing straight in to the gray furred monster.

It happened so fast that Sheep had barely any time to react until theres blood everywhere and theres blood on the cats around her and theres blood, blood, and the smell had hit her so fast. She had stared wide-eyed as Silversmoke spoke, droned out as she watched light leave from the murderers eyes, as others begin to bolt from the scene. Bile had risen in her throat but never left, legs had shook but never took her away from the scene either. And Blazestar, oh, Blazestar had looked so broken, so hollow that she had almost disappeared after him.

A few hours later, as the sun sets in to its final resting place, she finds Thistle instead, gravitates to the black and white warrior who had previously been drenched in sinners blood. "Are you okay?" her mouth is incredibly dry and her ears still roar with the adrenaline, but she stares blankly at the taller man, looking for any regret, anything. "You did the right thing." a swallow that feels like a rock in her throat. "Revenge for all those lost. You did the right thing." she reiterates to her fellow lead, to a man she had looked up to, to a man she continues to look up to. The clans would be safe from the child-killing bastard, their children could rest easy, no harm would become to another Skyclanner. "Do you need anything, amigo?" do not let your heart waver, it's left unsaid, but her tone is lighter now, less intense as emotion floods back to a yellow gaze.

Behind Thistle rises the moon, a new beginning, a new path he treads. Sheep decides she'll stick with him, defend him if she has to from the aversion of eyes. He had been the only one to do anything about the rogue and for that she is ever grateful.

// @ThistleBack
"speech"​

• Crying
Reactions: ThistleBack
Cleaning the blood off in the river, took almost as long as churning the bloody dirt, and dragging a corpse out of Skyclan camp. His underarm pulses, a wound is still wet and he cups it with the curl of his paw propped under himself as he stares off into the darkening forest like a drone.

He hadn’t said a word, the ghost of his past glimmers behind his eyes as Sheepcurl approaches him. He turns an obsidian nose towards her, and gives her a thankful blink for not approaching him like some wild animal that would strike at any moment. A small blessing, such was the woman so dear to Redstorm. She was a blessing to Skyclan, he turns his tired eyes toward hers.

" I’d like to say I’ve seen better days " his voice is cracked, dry blood stings in his throat and mouth. " I can’t remember when " he admits, for he was sinking. A darkness was consuming the edges he had worked so long to fix. The straight and narrow was nowhere to be seen, he was lost but he couldn’t show it.

He’s too dazed to be more than just a slight bob of his head shocked with the approval in her words, seeking to comfort and coax from the shadows of his mind. " I don’t think it’s ever the right thing when you have to take a life, but…. perhaps necessary " his tone is a husky whisper. Do you need anything, amigo?

" could you sit with me? " he asks, grey optics shifting away again. " I’m planning on spending a few sunrises outside of camp. Hunting and patrolling on my own. So they can find a bit of peace " he clears his throat a bit, finding a former firmness. They terrorized eyes of his clanmates, the message he delivered- he needed to protect them from that as best as he could.

" I've dug up a part of myself, I've worked so hard to bury. " he breathes out through his teeth and closes his eyes, lifting a shaking paw and pressing it to the space between his eyes. Infront of my daughter, no less. Even if it was for her, any chance of Kuiper slipping away- it was too risky. He had always been a strong man, ruthless- but his heart still beat with warmth and love, even if it’s in his own way.

• MqZ0nzd.png

Thirty-three moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22 | polyamorous
    Father of Coyotepaw, Pricklepaw, and Eveningpaw.
    — mentoring Snowpaw graduate(s) Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png