What would be enough {Thistle}

Jun 14, 2022
( ) The news had been, startling, to say the least. But at the same time, the molly was absolutely buzzing with joy and excitement. The deputy would step out of the medicine cat den with eyes shimmering with a new light and seemed to carry herself with a lighter step as she trotted into the clearing, looking around for her mate's familiar black and white spikey pelt.

Once she spotted him, she would take a deep breath and calmly saunter over to him, her content expression seemed to hold more affection for the tom on this particular occasion than usual as she meowed in a tone that sounded as normal as usual. "Thistleback, I need a word with you if you've got a sec. Just us two."

Should he agree, the molly would turn and lead the way out of camp. Once the pair was a fair bit of distance away, Deersong would turn back around to smile at her mate as she meowed in a voice that was calm yet clearly brimming with happiness, "Gem, I have the most fab news. Dawnglare just told me I'm carrying kits!"

//
@ThistleBack

( LET YOU BREAK; MY HEART AGAIN )

Thistleback was chatting with an elder as they ate their dinner, talking about a great many nothings when he spots his beloved leaving Dawnglare’s den. He was laying on his side, but now he was hoisted up and alert- attention drawn over her for any sign of illness. A smile is placed on her lovely maw though, eyes glimmering like twin turqouise pools. She was glowing, whispy hair and all. Had Dawnglare overdosed her on something? " of course my bird… " he mutters, " please excuse us " he dismisses himself from the elder and follows her to a secluded part of camp.

His lips pause over his teeth, he’s prepared to ask if she’s okay, It’s the only thing he cares about- he realizes how fragile his mindset is when it comes to her. She was perhaps his only vulnerability. His grey eyes are unmoving, and time seemed to stop with her words.

" you-… wh… " for the first time in his life, the man struggles with the queen’s plain english. " holy shit " Thistleback pulls a paw over his face and down the base of his skull through the thorny fur between his ears. His maw shifts into a smile suddenly, his stare is sideways at the ground but he wasn’t seeing the world. " we’re going to be… " his nose screws up at the bridge but it’s out of shock and pensive nature. " parents…" he draws a deep breath.

" right then. okay. " he regains a stable mindset and allows himself to smile. " that’s lovely news. More little demons- … spawns of … us " he nods and gnaws his cheek idly. The stress it would put on her, during winter. Suddenly his blood is ice and his barriers return. Worry wasn’t a common feeling for the beast, but it chewed his gut now. He reaches forward to press his nose between her ears endearingly.

• — Thistleback | thirty-two moons | cis-male
    — warrior of Skyclan | leaves rarely
    — bisexual | fallen for Deersong 9.29.22
    — formerly mentoring Coyotepaw
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes. Wears a purple collar with brass clasp.
  • bVBPWus.png