private when I grow up ⭃ burnstorm

LITTLEPAW

N-Y-M-P-H-O-L-O-G-Y
Mar 14, 2024

dbuf8gv-e5bf03a3-a6e8-4692-b5ba-277063f5271b.png
༻ ♥༺ Being her was hard. She had asked mama dozens of times if something was wrong with her, physically… but the rosetted queen only called her nice things like perfect, and wonderful. Littlekit knew better, the way her paws trembled each waking moment, how words got caught in her throat… the fear that gripped her when she saw someone who wasn’t kin draw too close wasn’t wonderful, or perfect. Often, while tucked away against a stump, she dreamed of being boisterous and brave like Beetlekit, charming and confident like Dovekit- even like Meadowkit, who shared similar interests as she, but a far more fiery personality.
She wishes all those things right now, as the kitten approaches her resting father on uncertain steps, suddenly all too aware she may be interrupting his alone time. If his eyes were closed, Littlekit would opt to give him a soft prod against the shoulder in place of a greeting. Psst.. Littlekit whispered, blinking far too quickly. “M- I.. h-have a question… for y-you..” while she does well to hold her gaze level, she cannot help it when her forepaws begin to shuffle soothingly into the ground.

• @BURNSTORM

• LITTLEKIT she/her, kit of thunderclan, 4 moons.
    Amber-eyed, dense-furred chocolate smoked she-kit with black ribboning stretching across her face, foreleg, and tail.
    daughter of Roeflame && Burnstorm ࿏ sister to Beetlekit && Dovekit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

His daughters softer nature confuses him. Where had it come from, he wonders. His mate was fire animated into cat form, bold and fierce and he had been named a warrior early in celebration for his bravery. Littlekit is none of these things, but it doesn't cause him to love her any less. In fact, she is the kit he worries most for. How would she survive apprenticeship when she was so afraid of everything? Or perhaps it was this cautiousness that would come to aid her in her more formative years. As he watches her play with her littermates, he thinks with a sad pang She reminds me of Morningpaw. His sister, too, had been the timid sort. And look how far that got her he thinks bitterly.

He rests his head on his paws, a long sigh escaping from his lips, and closes his eyes, willing his disquieted mind to still, to stop tormenting him with these troubled thoughts. No sooner has he closed his eyes though does a voice sound in his ear. A soft smile curls the corners of his lips and he opens one eye partially only to find himself face to face with his daughter. His jaws part in a large yawn, and he blinks his eyes against the sudden green-leaf light but eventually, his head is raised and his gaze is trained upon his daughter. "You can always come to me. About anything." he tells her gently, expression and voice serious. He would always be there for his kits, now and forever. He wasn't his father after all. "What is it?"
EpC61GT.png

• 73593410_oSE7LuZcU8tOnrY.png
    BURNSTORM THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR ; HE / HIM ; BROTHER TO MORNINGPAW, MOONWHISPER, HOWLFIRE, FIREFLYPAW, SKYCLAW & DUSKBIRD ; MATE TO ROEFLAME ; FATHER TO DOVEKIT, BEETLEKIT, AND LITTLEKIT
    A large, sharp tongued, tom with long black fur and golden, oval shaped, eyes.
    Difficult in battle. A skilled fighter + fights honorably

༻ ♥༺ Her fathers response is expected, spoken with an assurance that helped ease the fidgeting of her forepaws. What is it? He asks, and Littlekit feels her head teeter side-to-side for a moment, contemplating. Would she even be able to spit it out? “I don’t think i’m going to be a-er..very g-good warrior” The chimera girl admits with a defeated frown, eyes finally flitting to her fathers paws in place of his expectant gaze. It was a terrifying thought, to potentially fail the generational reputation of nobility, the outlier in a family of greatness.
“I… I wanna know how to be-uhm- be brave. L-like you.” Subconsciously, the kitten sucks in her inner cheek, thorny teeth gnawing on it as she tried to mimic self-assurance with a curt nod at the end of her sentence, a silent there, I did it.
“I wanna k-know how to act… like.. u-uhm..” The knots twisted in her belly threaten to spark a bout of the hiccups, like that time her nerves had gotten the best of her with Flamewhisker in Gentlestorms den. “Like everyone else…”

Amber-eyed, dense-furred chocolate smoked she-kit with black ribboning stretching across her face, foreleg, and tail.

He had to admit, Littlekit is the one who he worried about most. She was soft in a way that he had never encountered before, in a way he didn't know what to do with. She fumbled over her words in a way that was reminiscent of the ShadowClan medicine cat and just look at what the world had done to her. He does not want that for his daughter. He wants her to be strong despite it. And apparently, that's something she wants too. To be brave, like him. Like Little Wolf.

He thinks of her question for a bit, thinks about what bravery meant to him. When he had saved Roeflame and Flycatcher from that boar it had not been bravery that had driven his paws to action, but rather fear. Fear of a life without either of them in it. He doesn't want to admit that though so instead he says "Bravery is being afraid of something but doing it anyways." He regards her for a moment, golden eyes shining in the sun "I think you are braver than you know, Littlekit." he admits "Every day that you walk out of that nursery, even when it terrifies you, that is bravery." Every day that she was so authentically her, she was living up to her namesake in his eyes. "There is more to being a warrior than glory in battle" he goes on, not wanting his daughter to think that if she was not an adept fighter then she would be deemed a failure. "It is so much more than that. You'll see. When you become an apprentice your mentor will guide you. And I'm certain no matter where your path takes you, your mother and I will be proud."
EpC61GT.png

• 73593410_oSE7LuZcU8tOnrY.png
    BURNSTORM THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR ; HE / HIM ; BROTHER TO MORNINGPAW, MOONWHISPER, HOWLFIRE, FIREFLYGLOW, SKYCLAW & DUSKBIRD ; MATE TO ROEFLAME ; FATHER TO DOVEKIT, BEETLEKIT, AND LITTLEKIT
    A large, sharp tongued, tom with long black fur and golden, oval shaped, eyes.
    Difficult in battle. A skilled fighter + fights honorably

༻ ♥༺ Bravery is being afraid of something and doing it anyways. Littlekit blinks, letting the definition sear itself into her brain, she repeats the phrase silently… once, twice.
What her father says next causes Littlekit’s ears to flatten with surprise, because it couldn’t be true. Only last sunrise, Littlekit had spooked herself with her own shadow. The kitten doesn’t admit that here, too ashamed of the mistake. The warrior promises unconditional pride, and Littlekit feels her lips jut out in a contemplative pout. “I don’t think…” she trails, realizing that despite her doubts in each praise her wise father spared, he was her parent, a lead warrior. If he believed in her, maybe she could too. “I d-don’t think i’ll ever b-be… uhm. A good fi..fighter.” Beetlekit and Coalkit will, she can tell. “I-I think I could b-be good at.. hmm… o-other things.” As she speaks, Littlekit takes the opportunity to move from her spot at her fathers forepaws to the empty space by his shoulder and curl up, plumed tail swirling just below her nose. “I’ll b-be a good hunter… I… think I could b-be.” Despite her uncertainty, Littlekit finds she is glad that she came to Burnstorm with her troubles, even if there was no instantaneous cure for her stutter, or her paralyzing nerves… she felt better, she thinks.