camp When I grow up || o. Theorizing Warrior names

Please wait for @ONYXPAW

[ ༻❄༺ ] He hadn't realize how fast everything was moving until now... he was 9 moons now, and only had 3 moons left of training, something he had never expected to know. This means... he and those who he had became apprentices with would all soon recieve their warrior names in due time. So once he said the nervous figure of Onyxpaw he had taken something from the freshkill pile before dropping it infront of his more shy and nervous friend while a gentle smile lifted on his lips. "We'll be warriors soon... did you ever think what your chosen name would be?" he asked the other. They were so close to being done something that had felt too long some time ago, and now here they were... almost done with their training, something he couldn't simply wrap his mind around.

Perhaps it was the nervous feeling he had in his own mind after all even though he had worked so hard to get where he is now, it was uncertain what kind of name Chilledstar would pick for them, there was a mysterious air about what one's warrior name would be. "I think... Snowstrike would be a good warrior name...maybe Snowshade... mmm any thoughts what yours might be Onyxpaw?" he ask, not realizing his friend was more nervous than he was at the thought of finally gaining a warrior name, that honor that every apprentice looked forward to receiving.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw He/Him, apprentice of Shadowclan, 8 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — To most apprentices, the knowledge of their coming step up to warriorhood was a joyous occasion. One that they all looked forward to fiercely, speculating what kind of warriors they might be and what kind of names they might receive. To Onyxpaw, though, the revelation that she was only a few moons away from becoming a warrior filled her with a pit of dread that settled deep in her stomach. When she had been a kit, the eight moons spread out ahead of her to that point had seemed like an eternity - one with plenty of time for her to learn and grow stronger. Now, though, she could see how foolish she had been. The moons kept flying by without her consent, and soon enough she would be in front of Chilledstar once more.

That is, if she even managed to pass whatever assessment Scorchfrost had planned for her.

The molly had been so trapped in her own head that she had hardly noticed Snowpaw's approach, her entire colorful form jumping as he dropped a piece of prey in front of her. His topic of idle chatter seemed to match perfectly with what was on her mind, and she hoped he didn't notice the way she winced in response. "Right... only a few more moons. I've been so focused on my training that I haven't really thought about names, though." Onyxpaw's voice felt distant even to her own ears, neck stretching forward to take a mouthful of prey as she listened to Snowpaw's speculating. It gave her a moment to think without worrying about her friend seeing the nerves written all over her face. "I think Snowstrike would be a good one for you. You're always so eager." Or at least more eager than her, not that accomplishing that task was all that difficult.

Her claws dug lightly into the ground as he asked about her own thoughts, sharp teeth sinking into the inside of her cheek. If she even succeeded in earning her name, what could it possibly be? What would end up feeling right for her? "Maybe Onyxcloud? I mean, I think my fur is pretty soft..." She glanced down at herself, pressing a paw lightly against the plush fluff around her neck before she continued. "OR Onyxstep. I'm pretty fast when I'm not tripping into the muck." Which, admittedly, still wasn't all that often. The thought made her gut twist up even more, forcing another mouthful of prey into her jaws. What was Chilledstar supposed to name her after, if she wasn't good at anything?

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    8 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Gigglekit was nowhere near becoming an apprentice, much less a warrior. That didn't stop her from thinking of warrior names that she might have in the future - in fact, it gave her more time to think about it, if anything. Playing games where they pretended they were older called for pretend warrior names, and Gigglekit had come up with her fair share of names that she was sure even Chilledstar would enjoy if she were to ever share them with them.

"Snowstrike sounds super cool!" Gigglekit exclaimed, bouncing over as she caught the tail-end of Onyxpaw's words. Snowpaw seemed pretty sure of himself and the names he might get, but Onyxpaw was a bit more hesitant. Gigglekit could help! "I think that Onyxcloud sounds pretty cute," she said, putting a paw to her maw as she thought. "What about Onyxwhisper? 'Cause you're pretty quiet an' all." At least in all the occasions that Gigglekit had encountered Onyxpaw, that was the vibe she got from her. It definitely wasn't a bad quality - Gigglekit rather enjoyed how Onyxpaw joined in their games from time to time.