pafp WHEN I LOVE THIS WORLD ✦ PRETEND

pricklepaw

A GOLDEN AND WAXY MORNIN'
Dec 7, 2023
The trio of foundlings—not new, but not old enough to be overly familiar—are something of a curiosity to Pricklepaw. His excursions into the nursery are normally met with accusations of being a trouble-maker (as if!) and strict orders to behave himself, under threat of removal. It isn't a secret that Pricklepaw would rather not be an apprentice, or more accurately, would rather being an apprentice involved a higher allowance of attacking the wispy fur of his own tail.

It's a good thing then, to see Pebblekit not in the nursery. Pricklepaw smiles—excitement, he thinks—and then swallows it down before it could morph his face into an unintended expression. He crouches, low enough that when he takes wobbling steps forward, his stomach drags along the well-trodden ground. His form his inexperienced and it is through little more than stubborn determination that Pricklepaw doesn't overbalance in one direction or the other. His goal, ultimately, isn't the pounce. That would be far too expected by potential onlookers.

He stops himself before and gasps as if coming to a steep realization, instead.

"Pebblekit!" Pricklepaw exclaims, and finally falls to one side, "I mistook you for a mouse! I was about to hunt you! Do try to grow a little bigger, the next hunter might not have the same keen eyes and careful nose that I do, and then your warrior name would need to be... Pebbleprey."

@PEBBLEKIT.
RIVERCLAN APPRENTICE ✦ BLUE LYNX POINT ✦ 4 MOONS✦ TAGS