pafp When the bones are good ƚƚ Strange gift

Houndshade

Lowering your expectations
May 26, 2024
YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE THE MAN

The mouse bone Houndpaw had managed to find from Deerpaws game that she invited herself into had been sitting in her nest and looking like a real eyesore. They saw no appeal to it, what was someone supposed to do with bones anyways? You can’t really wear them and they’re too sharp to sit in a nest. There lies the issue with collecting things, she just didn’t really get the appeal of holding onto things without a practical use. Which was a real funny concept to hold so dear given how much Houndpaw just resists doing actual work. She hated practicality yet when it came to things done in her down time she applied that. Chocolate paws batted the little mouse skull in between them as she lounged in her nest, a dramatic huff spilling from her maw.

The apprentice had finished her chores for the day and was now faced with deliberation over what to do with this thing. Sprawling across the moss with her tail swaying from side to side in thought. They couldn’t think of anyone who would want this thing either. Actually- no that’s not true. Maybe Fallowpaw would like it? She wasn’t fully convinced that it would find enjoyment with this mouse skull but truthfully they had been looking for an excuse to visit her anyways. To wind up in the medicine den like that again, Houndpaw would be trying to claw the walls down in boredom if it were her. What a good friend she was to try and relieve it of this boredom! Pushing herself out of her nest she waltzed towards the medicine den carrying the mouse skull carefully.

“Fallowpaw I have a surprise for you” she calls out with a grin as she enters the den, the sun was still up in the sky should hopefully no one was sleeping, just in case she tried to only whisper yell as opposed to fully yelling. Walking towards the nest that kept the apprentice inside she gently drops the bone in front of her. “Deerpaw was hosting some… bone hunting game and I found this! I thought of you” That wasn’t entirely true but it didn’t need to know that. “You’re welcome! I thought this might bring some nice decoration to your nest in here… how are you holding up anyways?” They said you’re welcome despite knowing that chances were she wasn’t going to get a thank you from her, taking it in stride regardless as they use this as an invitation to sit down by her nest.

{ please wait for @FALLOWPAW <33}

I THINK, THEREFORE, I AM