camp when the stars combust | sunning

Apr 21, 2023
Useless. Anyone with a pulse would firmly cuff her curled ears if they heard that word slip from her maw. Yet as she finds the newleaf sun and rests in it, she feels nothing but. Her chest and limbs still ache and though she breathes, it is not easy. Chills still manifest in her body despite the warmth she tries to soak up... The truth of her existence is no longer daunting. Not as long as she accepts it.

The stone blue molly draws a slow tongue over her paw, trying for the moment to ignore her being. She does well in that, at least until the sun is blotted out by a single, wispy cloud and she lets out a meager, annoyed groan. "I'm not allowed to sun myself, am I?" She says, to no one in particular. She tries to ignore the slight against herself and twists to groom a spot on her shoulder instead - still achingly slow.​

Claythorn would likely thing her and Brookstorm's relationship strained, given what the new warrior had asked of the other only recently. The flame-coated mollie's ears twitched, her own nose lifted to the sun easily a few paces away from the other. The cloud that befell the other did not quite reach her, but the residual heat soon left as the cloud covered the both of them. She exhaled softly.

The other she-cat's words caused her own to twitch, mismatched golden visage shifting towards the other warrior. She considered her words briefly, trying to summon any semblance of why Claythorn in particular would respond. She decided to throw her reasoning into the river for just a minute or two, the hesitance gone in an instant. "Are you telling yourself that, or do you feel... do you feel the sun does not like you today?" She questioned.

Vision shifted and searched camp, ears rotating this way and that as she, too, waited for the cloud to pass.
  • "speech"
  • fYfRn8Y.png
  • CLAYTHORN she/her, warrior of riverclan, eleven moons.
    LH chocolate torbie with mismatched golden eyes, scars across her right cheek and over her left ear. cold exterior and threatening glares, built for stamina/battle and not swimming (tall/muscled)
    mentored by darkbranch (npc) / / mentoring no one
    no current love interest / / only child
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

4ypIRmF.png

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS THE MOONLIT SEA — Beepaw found herself by the small pool of water that shimmered with fish scales and her paws shift slightly, she tries to find comfort in it but the cloud blocking out the sunlight is enough to make the bicolored molly frown. Her mismatched gaze turning over in the direction when she heard the blue molly groan about not being allowed sunlight and Claythorn speaks up, the daughter of the two river kings stifles a snort and tucks a paw closer to herself. "Give it a moment, the cloud will move out of the way soon enough." Beepaw says rather bluntly though her ears angle forward wondering if Brookstorm was keeping warm enough after her drowning incident, her chest tightens for a heatbeat only to sit up from where she had been laying.

She isn't close to either of the mollies so she finds herself in an awkward position, a part of her wishing that she hadn't interacted with either or silently prays that Moonbeam will appear. Beepaw finds herself most distracted by her own thoughts but tries to converse with those there "Have you eaten?" The inquiry in the direction of Brookstorm considering that she was under Moon's care that made her one of the sick within the medicine den and the fact that the young warrior needed her strength. Beepaw casts a brief glance in the direction of Claythorn before it focused on the small pool next to her and flicks another scale into it with a single claw.

bSRMZZz.png

• bKn8fx1.png
    shorthaired black smoke molly w/low white and mismatched eyes
    oftentimes comes off as untrusting of those around her, closed off, and not the easiest to engage in conversation with, she's not easy to befriend. all her opinions are IC only.
    10 moons old; ages the 10th every month
    sexuality unknown; currently interested in no one
    currently being mentored by smokestar
    firstborn daughter of cicadastar and smokestar
    sister of cicadapaw and cricketpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Claythorn would've been unwelcome if the circumstance were any different. Brookstorm was never the social type and though now she regrets it some, she cannot go into the past and undo what she never did. The patchwork moggy is then mentally placed somewhere between 'welcome' and 'what are the other options?' Brookstorm lets her gaze waver on the young warrior for a beat too long as she tries to parse out a response to her words, all before muttering a, "I suppose the sun doesn't like me," in response. If the sun favored her, the storm would've never weathered her. She'd still be sharp, edged and ragged - not pitifully dull and lonesome.

Beepaw's voice summons her own appearance and Brookstorm affords her the same cursory thought, but dismisses it for if she considered all of the friendships she could've had, she'd be gone before she thought of them all. Her ear twitches, "Yeah, yeah," she replies to the bicolor molly. The weather is beyond them, uncaring to the little lives below. Beepaw's following question is met with nothing at first - Brookstorm looks away, and decides to rest her head on her paws. "I'm..." not hungry. She's not eaten more than a morsel in the last day, "I'm full," she lies. "There are kittens and queens more deserving of a meal, if you're looking to feed someone," she continues, pushing herself to have a bit more of her bite again.​

I'VE LEARNED LOVE IS LIKE A BRICK — Ever since the birth of her trio of kittens, Swiftfire had been... tired, mostly. Though all three had thankfully come with no complications - aside from the odd extra ear or four - she couldn't even begin to deny the toll that the whole ordeal had taken on her body. The queen had spent the first few days afterwards mostly dead to the world, only emerging from her slumber to care for her little ones and encourage them towards the warmth of her belly. It had been an intense relief when she had started to feel like her old self once more, eager to stretch her legs and keep all the muscles in her body from atrophying.

It hadn't been particularly hard to find another queen to take her kits for a short bit while she took a trip around camp, hoping she could get some of her own sunbathing in before she returned to the relative quiet shade of the nursery. Unfortunately for her, she managed to emerge just as the sun saw fit to hide itself behind a cloud, a rumbling groan leaving her chest as she settled nearby to Brookstorm. At least Swiftfire didn't feel nearly as bad as the warrior looked, not that she would ever say such a thing out loud. "If it makes you feel any better, it doesn't look like the sun is any more fond of me, either." Granted, she hadn't found herself almost drowning and in such dire need of it recently. "I'm sure Robinheart wouldn't mind a bite." Her next words were directed towards Beepaw, considering it seemed no offering would be accepted by Brookstorm anytime soon.

The queen found that she wasn't too worried about the younger Riverclan warrior. After all, she was under Moonbeam's care, and she doubted the medicine cat would allow anything terrible to happen to Brookstorm.

• 76635829_9N4qhCxavM25hPX.png
    shorthaired blue and red tabby chimera molly with green eyes
    42 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; secretly mated to hush
    mother to dreamkit, amberkit, and roekit
    formerly of the ripple colony; loyal to riverclan
    easy to befriend; desperate to improve the former colonists' reputation
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed