private WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT // Pebble

dey3ui7-b960f9d3-2e74-46e9-938b-2a199a9500e0.png

From the mouth of the medicine cat's den sits two sisters. Pebblenose and Sootstar.
The blue smokes watched as the cats in camp worked and talked amongst themselves while sharing whispers of their own. Though for the most part, their current visit with each other has been mostly quiet. Simply enjoying the presence of one another, that, or not knowing what to say.

After long last, Sootstar breaks her own silence.

"You're upset I didn't make you my deputy. Or at least a Lead Warrior." It wasn't a question, she states it as a fact. You didn't need to be Pebblenose's sister to have saw that... "I couldn't... Not because I don't trust you above anyone else, not because I don't think you're capable... but half of my clan already has grounds to hate me." She scoffs with a lash of her tail, "I didn't "bias" to be another reason for them to not like me... and besides. Official title or not, you'll always have a paw in my council." She might not ask her sister for advice on everything, but she was the only one Sootstar typically revealed her true intentions to.

"Duskfire will never be my successor. All you have to do is outlive him, and perhaps then the clan will be ready for me to choose you as my deputy." Sootstar wasn't sure if it was a promise she could keep, but she wants her sister happy, so she says it anyways. "I can still trust you to be my eyes and ears where I can't be, right? If anyones ever hare-brained enough to speak illy of me to you, you'll tell me, hmm?" If the sisters were to one day have a dynasty in WindClan they'd need to have each others backs. Rank or no rank... she expects Pebblenose to agree and looks at her with expectant eyes.

// @PEBBLENOSE c: