where fears and lies melt away | morningbird

Coyotecrest

sometimes I lose my way
Sep 7, 2022
Angry at all the things I can't change
His nest was made, settled and situated in a little corner of camp opposite of all other dens. Space, he needed space for now. There was no way he would sleep within the apprentice den after Fierypaw and Figpaw's reactions. He would weather the cold and gather more strewn pine if he had to. Sharpeye stood not to far away, surveying his every move as he placed the finishing touches upon the haphazardly created nest. This was as good as it was going it get. With lips pulled into a grim line he dared to glance around the predominately empty clearing. Many were beginning to settle in for the night as the sky bled vibrant hues of violet. A single cream paw steps within his disaster of a nest, preparing to force himself asleep when he remembered Morningbird's request to see him. Silently he wrestled with the notion to see the elder. It was late and the minor stagger in his stride was not lost to him, surely he must have been hurt in the raid.

The raid...Honeyed ears fall, resting against his head as he actively pushes away the haunting memory. Dull green eyes trail quietly towards the elders den, reluctant to approach, yet the storyteller had always been a warm presence. Removing his paw from woven pine Coyotepaw turns, slowly trekking his way into the den with Sharpeye following close behind. "M-morningbird," The boy croaks from the entrance, gaze falling back to his paws to avoid glares of condemnation. Though his ears could not blot out the gruff whispers. "you umm...wanted to see me?" Coyotepaw adds softly, paws shuffling nervously. (guard tag @Sharpeye)
when you're lost in the universe don't lose faith

Sharpeye exhaled quietly as he stood watch. He would accept the duty given to him and he aimed to keep a neutral stance towards the matter to the best of his ability, though he couldn't help but think about where else he could be at the moment. Hunting, training Wildpaw and Bananapaw, sleeping. Each was far more tempting to him but they would have to wait for now. At least Coyotepaw had finished making his nest, and logically done so away from the others. Sharpeye wasn't sure he would have enjoyed breaking up scuffles in the apprentice den.

No words were needed however when he realised that the youth longed to speak with Morningbird. Sharpeye wouldn't stop it and he ultimately trailed after Coyotepaw before sitting himself down by the den entrance as he waited for Morningbird to respond to the youngster. He'd keep an eye and ear out, but he didn't wish to impose on them too much.