starclan WHO TELLS YOUR STORY ✧ . chilledstar

Jun 7, 2022

✧ . Things have been strange in the stars for some time now, but the air has shifted once more in a way the night sky is more familiar with. One of an impending arrival, of a ceremony to be prepared for. This isn't the first, nor the last time this change will happen, but it almost comes as a shock every time.

This one — This one comes as a shock.

For even though their lives had been dwindling, they've lasted so long. Longer than their predecessors, perhaps a blessing to his former home, changed in ways he'll never get to experience without stars in his paws, without the changing of names to prove himself a part of it.

A ghostly-reflection of a sibling who has gotten to experience the marshes turn into something more — who lived under the fallen leader's reign — the faded-furred boy moves toward the newly star-kissed form, pale blue eyes glimmering with curiosity, even past their sadness for the new face, still getting used to this: this world they'll walk from now until the end of time.

He remembers their ceremony — the last time he'd given a life to another, he'll have to prepare himself to give again — and remembers his plea at the end of it. Tell them I say hello.

It's a plea he'd given their predecessors, and will no doubt give to their successor in due time. He'd had a feeling they would answer their request, though… perhaps not in the way they had — in the close bond they'd forged with his mother, in a watchful gaze over his brother. He is grateful for it, though, that his family had someone looking out for them for as long as possible.

And now, the boy looks up at Chilledstar, notes the differences in their appearance since the last time he'd faced them. The scars, the courage built as time passed. Star-lined whiskers twitch as he assesses the fallen leader, and finally, he speaks.

" Do you remember me? " Leaping Toad asks, frost-blue eyes round as the child awaits his answer. Do you remember me from your ceremony? From before that, even?
EpC61GT.png
  • // @CHILLEDSTAR.
  • 75352466_PZOMbk1mFgQC35W.png
    LEAPING TOAD AMAB. He / Him. Resident of StarClan.
    ✧ . A brown tabby and white tom with blue eyes.
    ✧ . Geckoscreech x Toad's Prowl
    ✧ . Mentored by the Marsh Group
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack

Reactions: CHILLEDSTAR.
it's different up here. it's quiet, for now, in spite of whatever seems to be going on with the fog. they decide not to give into whatever that was, right now. they want to enjoy their peace. their mom had greeted them with such teary eyes, that they couldn't help but cry too. what a reunion. they had forgotten what she sounded like. what her touch felt like but now that they were together again... it felt good. they felt like they could truly be themself, whoever that had been. they drew their tongue through their starry pelt, perking up at the presence of another. it's vaguely familiar, as they turn on their paws, blinking a few times. familiar. something about him is familiar.

"...hi."

they speak, brows furrowing before they gasp. that's... what it was. geckoscreech's son. ribbitleap's brother. technically their son too, right? they do not know.

"yes, of course. you passed before i became leader. but I remember every one who fell. I remember everyone who died. it's been so long... you look good... for a dead cat."

they hope their little bit of humor can even the tension in the air.

———————---***i try to live in black and white***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and a blue single eye. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, one across their missing eye and the one across their neck.
    48 moons old; no longer ages
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; not looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    starclan / formerly shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed