WHO TENDS THE ORCHARDS [ otter ]

claythorn

AIN'T A DROP OF BAD BLOOD
Jan 7, 2024
It felt as if she was doing the rounds- a recent conversation with Moonpaw, and now a much-needed confrontation.

Claypaw would have to speak to Beepaw as well, all things considered. After their warrior assessments, she would- but Otterpaw and her shared a meeting for their names, if they both passed. The sun was settled down into a burnt glow as she re-entered camp, muscles sore from their exercises with Darkbranch. When the sun was high in the sky, it was warm enough, her mottled fur touched by the sun here and there- but in the deeper inks of night it did grow cold enough still, her breath curling white.

Vision swept as she heard paws padding against the ground, pinning to the approaching thing. Fur had stood on end, but relaxed (as much as she could force it) moments later. Otterpaw's vision was staring back at hers, and Claypaw's chin lifted. Green eyes stared at mismatched golden ones. It wasn't long before hints and flashes of blood-smattered muzzle flashed in front of her eyes, digging into the throat of her mother-

"What, Otterpaw?" Claypaw's tone came out a hint more grumpy then she intended, tail flicking into a lash. Eyes narrowed and ears pointed backwards if he waited to speak.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:@otterpaw
    "yuh"

• a large, lh chocolate torbie towering, nine moons old, she/her. well-build and muscled. a drypaw. former river colony cat.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- A sneer already prepared itself on the toms maw as he caught Claypaw's return. Once her mentor had moved on to a group of other warriors he made his daring approach. Otterpaw didn't bother trying to remain stealthy, paws plodding forward with a confident gait even as Claypaw met his gaze with no hint of kindness.

"Didn't mean to catch you in a bad mood, but I guess you are kind of always like this." A spindly tail flicked behind him as he amused himself. I'm here to ask for a bit of a favor. More of a repayment, I guess. Hiding all your mommy issues from the Clan- takes a real toll on my heart, you know?"

Eyes of acid green flicker across the island as he lowered his head, a clawed paw digging into the earth. "Needs a bit of healing from all that. So I figured, maybe you could help match me up with someone to enlighten me."

• OTTERPAW he/him, apprentice of riverclan, eleven moons.
    scruffy blue/black chimera with a white tail-tip and green eyes. noticeable kinked whiskers
    adopted son to pikesplash // apprentice to coyotecreek
    peaceful and healing powerplay requires permission / / underline and tag when attacking or making an action toward
    see battle info here
    penned by beataegonkpilled on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

That sneer sent pin-prickles over her pelt. Ears flattened further, a scoff leaving her at the nerve that settled on his face- but his words sent cold needles through her skin and into her bones. She didn't answer- didn't lean into the taunts that he laid before him, but the more he talked, the more she felt a need to escape. But his offer- more of a blackmail, Claypaw considered- was one that she couldn't couldn't refuse.

She stared at him as she considered how best to answer. Claypaw couldn't refuse this, because knowing that awful look on his face, Claypaw would be in the shits if that got out. There was enough distrust of her, that much she knew. If people knew her mother was one of the rogues that had attempted and succeeded in stealing the kit, she wasn't sure that even Lichentail would keep an eye out for her.

Chin lifted sharply. "Blackmail, Otterpaw. The word you search for is blackmail." She shifted on her paws, turning her entire visage to face him. "You want me to play match-maker. What happens in the case that no one makes your match? Like you just said, I'm not exactly the... warmest." Her words were neutral, but her eyes were slightly narrowed. Claypaw couldn't have stopped to figure out why Otterpaw wanted love, especially a kind that wasn't sought naturally. Too much was on the line now.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
    "yuh"

• a large, lh chocolate torbie towering, eleven moons old, she/her. well-build and muscled. a drypaw. former river colony cat.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- She's quickly turned herself to stone at his proposition, but he knew the risk in denying him would be far greater than she was willing to risk. A sure way to make herself cold to anyone who ever breathed air in the Clan, for sure. As he watched the gears turn in her head his eyes remained fixated on her, body unnaturally still.

"Blackmail's such a harsh word, wouldn't you prefer we be friends doing each other a favor? You are short on those, aren't you?" Moonpaw and Beepaw might have been willing to keep their maws shut at no cost but he never associated those two with being smart. Lily-spined, more like.

"I guess you better get good at it then, yeah? Only get so many chances, so many cats my type." Brookstorm had shut him down and that was what truly drove him into rushing towards something, someone, else. Maybe he could make her jealous with whoever rose to his side.

• OTTERPAW he/him, apprentice of riverclan, eleven moons.
    scruffy blue/black chimera with a white tail-tip and green eyes. noticeable kinked whiskers
    adopted son to pikesplash // apprentice to coyotecreek
    peaceful and healing powerplay requires permission / / underline and tag when attacking or making an action toward
    see battle info here
    penned by beataegonkpilled on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Lips pulled back on the apprentice's face, the longer that Otterpaw stared at her. It was unnerving- but she knew well that he had pinched her into a spot she couldn't escape from. Head reared back, and turned away swiftly. Short on friends. Claypaw didn't have any friends, but she exhaled hotly anyways. He was right. No friends. Fine, then.

Her eyes shifted back towards Otterpaw. "Fine, then. Friends, a repaid favor." It felt like a hundred spiders were crawling over her pelt agreeing to something like this. Her ear twitched. "Just what is your type, Otterpaw?" Exhaustion was slowly starting to find her body. She wanted to curl into a ball and sleep for hours, especially since Darkbranch had been pushing her. She had to finish hearing this out, of all things, first. Claypaw had a funny feeling this apprentice wasn't going to let her walk away.

She didn't want to find out what would happen if Otterpaw didn't find a cat in any of those she approached.
  • "speech"
  • CLAYTHORN she/her, warrior of riverclan, eleven moons.
    LH chocolate torbie with mismatched golden eyes, scars across her right cheek and over her left ear. cold exterior and threatening glares, built for stamina/battle and not swimming (tall/muscled)
    mentored by darkbranch (npc) / / mentoring no one
    no current love interest / / only child
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.