private WIND BENEATH MY WINGS ˎˊ- mosspool

-ˋˏ ˎˊ- it was an unseasonably warm day, it made carawaypaw hope for an early newleaf. she hadn't yet seen one, but the way it was discussed had her chest fluttering with excitement. plants growing back lusher than she had seen them in greenleaf, colorful flowers emerging from their hibernation only to be kissed by warm, gentle showers. even if she had to wait to experience it, today was a nice warm up.

she assumed that it would be a good day to learn in the river, nightfish wouldn't take her. even if he did, they wouldn't spar amongst the current or wade into deeper parts to strengthen her skills. carawaypaw frowned, mood dampened by her mentor's dislike of the water. how could anyone not like it?

a earthy toned figure slid by her in her moping, she blinked as @Mosspool passed. despite being sisters, they didn't hang out as much as carawaypaw did with bumblepaw. but the apprentice didn't take it to heart. mosspool was a warrior, had important duties that held precedence over sharing tongues with her siblings. she was a warrior, stars, why didn't she think of this before!

"mosspool, hey! wait up!" carawaypaw scrambled to pull long limbs under her, calling after mosspool quietly. too quietly perhaps, it wasn't enough to garner her attention. the tabby broke into a brisk trot until she was standing shoulder to shoulder with the warrior. she pants to catch her breath, but finally turned to meet her gaze.

"hey, i know you're busy and all, but i was wondering if you could help me out," carawaypaw paused to gauge her reaction before continuing. "i wanna fight better... in the river, but i don't get much practice. could you show me, teach me something? nightfish says it's okay i promise!" maybe he didn't explicitly give her permission, but carawaypaw doubted he'd care much either way. she looked up to mosspool, eyes practically begging, eyelashes batting in a display nothing short of pitiful. "pleeeease help me, you're my last hope!"

• IMG_0321.png
  • CARAWAYPAW she/her, apprentice of riverclan, 7 ☾'s
    carawaypaw is a pretty longhaired silver tabby with green eyes and a long, lithe frame. born into riverclan, she loves her home and has a deep rooted desire to defend it.
    willowroot x poppysplash ↛ sister to bumblepaw, tidepaw, mosspool, and hazewish
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

𓆝 . ° ✦ Mosspool was also hoping for an early newleaf. Hunting had been difficult during leadbare, and the clan had suffered enough difficulty as of late. She was eager for the bountiful prey that a warmer season would bring. Then perhaps the fresh-kill pile would overflow and her clan could be certain in its own safety, at least for a season. She had never known a time that Riverclan was not in peril. As she had returned from the journey she had thought she might see it, but then she found her clan recovering from rogue attacks and sickness and heading into a leafbare they were not ready for.

It was those thoughts that Carawaypaw pulled her away from as she scampered over, though it took her a moment to hear her sister's quiet cries. She blinked, stopping to look back at her. "Yes?"

It was certainly true that she was busy, moreso than most warriors. She had little care for her own time, and spent all of it on her work. Still, she would never be too busy to help out her family when they asked her to. "Certainly." Mosspool agreed readily, turning to lead the two of them over to the water. "What do you know already?" She asked as they walked.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
  • challenge-3-moss-png.1191
    MOSSPOOL — SHE/HER・ 12 MOONS ・ WARRIOR & RIVERCLAN ・ PENNED BY @empyrean !
    Longhair black tabby with deep green eyes. Mosspaw is a very tall molly, standing a head above most cats her age. She has a slim, willowy physique with subtle musculature built up from a lifetime of constant training that lends itself well to swimming and running. Long, thick brown fur falls over her form with tabby patterning across it. Her eyes are a vibrant green, and shine with a bright intelligence and confidence.