WINDCLAN PATROL ╱ TOWARDS HOME ´ˎ˗

✦  .   ˚ .   This border brings back many unpleasant memories already. Of the border dispute that had cost Juniperfrost his life; of the skirmish that had pulled Cottonpaw across the water. Of the bodies they had disposed of not so long ago. He wonders how many of them he will see in the waters below. Not many, he suspects. With how swiftly this water runs, he does not imagine they will see them again for some time. That is for the best. But even still, he finds himself glancing downwards along the gorge's edge when he can. Brief glimpses on their long, exhausting trek throughout WindClan's moors. @Addervenom and @VIOLETHEART follow. It is a meager patrol, without apprentices to add any joy or curiosity to their journey. It was not so long ago that Addervenom was his own, yet even that feels a lifetime from him. He finds himself glancing curiously to the tabby when his mind is not preoccupied with the bodies.

Eventually, however, in the far southern reaches of WindClan's territory, his mind shifts to leafbare. It comes creeping up on them all. Though he looks forward to the snowfall, this period of transition remains...strange. He was far more accustomed to the trees of ShadowClan, towering and eternal in their greenery. Along these borders, his gaze catches orange and red. Flaming colors not unlike his pelt, and faint golden yellows like his mate's. Their litter had been born much like this. Shades of leaf-fall, scattered about the earth like these leaves. "I suppose you are far more accustomed to this scenery than I, Violetheart," he nods to the seasoned warrior. "For all of my travels, it is still new to me. I wonder how the RiverClanners fare this time of year." Does it affect their hunting? Do they use these leaves throughout their camp?

Since seeing two of the others' in a way, he is eager for more. It will not come, he is certain. Smokethroat is no more open than his deceased mate.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC. set the same day the cats returned to their clans! i'm just slightly late <3 no journey cats!

for my wc patrol members, this thread also encompasses one of our fall prompts!
  • ✦  .   ˚ .   FORMERLY SUNNVAR. HE - HIM - HIS OR THEY - THEM. DEPUTY OF WINDCLAN. 4 YEARS OLD. PENNED BY REVELATIONS.  —————————
    sunsquare2.png
    ——  a tall auburn tabby with thick fur and bright glacial eyes. sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond it, with fur that flames red and deepens to a burnt amber with every stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of them. he radiates confidence and self-assured authority.

✦ NPC x NPC. DECEASED MOTHER, ESTRANGED FATHER. NO LITTERMATES. MATE TO WOLFSONG. FATHER TO BEARKIT, SINGEDKIT, RIVEKIT, SUNLITKIT, AND FEATHERKIT ——
  • "speech"

Reactions: VIOLETHEART
Where Sunstride called for him, he followed. Such was his duty as a loyal warrior of WindClan, even if the Clan itself had him doubting it on occasion; or perhaps it was simply the doubts towards the leadership, though he would never be outspoken against the leader unless she committed some irreversible wrongdoing. He hoped the day wouldn't come. Only StarClan knew what lay in store, their ancestors that had been forsaken by their leader.
"Accustomed, yes," Violetheart replied with a respectful nod of his own, gaze looking out over the territory that he'd grown up with. "But I can't say I'll ever get used to the idea that some cats prefer to spend their time in the water. I suppose that leaf-bare takes that away from them when their sources freeze over." He chuckled lightly, without malice.

A single tufted ear flicks in the direction of idle chatter. Sunstride, ever the pleasant conversationalist stirs up a topic before dragging Violetheart into it. Amber eyes pan across the duo with quiet disinterest. The whole of riverclan for starve to death once leaf bare's ice struck their precious river for all he cared. The stence of river water and brine makes its appearance and his nose wrinkles in response. There were some things he would never grow accustomed to, and riverclan's scent was one of them. Leaning against a thick bushel of tall, thick grasses, Addervennom begins to mark windclan's side of the border. A soft rustle catches his attention, gaze snapping just into to spot a rabbit making a beeline toward another hole in their warren. "If we were not on border patrol right now I would be tempted to catch it." He huffed, peeling his attention away from the gaping hole and back across the gorge.
»»———- windclan warrior / ten moons old / he/him ———-««

"GOT A LITTLE CASH NOW SO THAT SKIRT IS DIOR"
It's Bubblepaw's first leaf-fall. It had been perplexing at first, watching all the leaves on the trees change to a vibrant myriad of oranges and reds and yellows and float gently to the earth in droves, but the apprentice had quickly grown accustomed to the pretty scenery. When she scents WindClan near the border, the silver apprentice traipses through the dead leaves as she crunches her way toward the source. She kicks them and stomps on them excitedly as she goes, not caring for making much noise during her approach.

"Hiya, WindClan!" Bubblepaw greets the patrol from a safe distance. It's hard for the distance to be anything but safe when she calls to them from the other side of the gorge. To Bubblepaw, as long as she is standing on her own side of the border, she shouldn't really be in any sort of danger. RiverClan has freshly reinforced what territory is theirs anyway, there's no need to be hard pressed about it now that danger has been vanquished! The gorge isn't dangerous to her either, but she knows better than to near too close to the edge despite her swimming skill.

The apprentice tries hard to focus on the WindClanners across the gorge, attempting to make out their faces. Sunstride is easy to recognize- the deputy is far less intimidating than his leader- Bubblepaw remembers him being amicable despite the circumstances of all their clans having to come together. The other two she likely has seen before, but can't quite remember their names. "Are you enjoying the pretty leaves?" the apprentice asks innocently "I can't imagine there's much color change on the moors like there is here!"
✦ ★ ✦