private WINDED † DRIZZLEPELT

BEETLEBACK

but he never really quit, he'd just say he did
Sep 4, 2023
Skyclan was known for their climbing skills and he... He... Uh, he was amazing. In no way shape or form was this a lie. Definitely. He wasn't hanging onto a branch for dear life in this moment. The good news is that he was not surrounded by the whole patrol. They had all been paired off and he had been paired with Drizzlepelt. Drizzlepelt was handsome he'll give the other tom that, but otherwise they didn't have much to say. Considering before he could even attempt to flirt at the poor tom, said tom scampered off to bring something back to the clan. Thank cats that he's gone. I don't know how I would ever recover from something this embarrassing. Hind legs flail helplessly in the air as dangles from a branch. Beetleback was not a strong climber, but it was something he wanted to get better at. Maybe someone would call him foolish for trying to hunt in the trees with his lack of skill. One wrong move and he would be crashing down. Death was a possibility with how high up he was or he could've had broken bones.

For now, he huffed as he held on. Face flushed and muscles aching with how long he's been hanging on. Orange eyes look up towards the sky, Blazestar I don't want to be meeting you too soon. A groan leaves his lips and he looks down. Bad idea, got the heebie jeebies from that. Claws begin to slip and eyes widen in panic. Claws scramble for purchase, however he only hangs by a claw for a second before he feels weightless. "Shit." There isn't enough time to scream, even if it slows around him, even if the sound of his heart pounds in his ears. And then, pain shoots from his stomach from where it strikes against a thick branch. Paws extend as he groans in a strained manner. He sounds like a fish gasping for air. Then again, who wouldn't after getting the wind knocked out of them. The tom fails to register a blue spotted tabby scaling the tree to reach him. All he can focus on is catching his breath and relaxing his tense muscles.

// @Drizzlepelt sobs in this is so late, but the pair were assigned to go hunting and this dummy got the wind knocked out of him

Reactions: Drizzlepelt
The reasons for Drizzlepelt going back to camp momentarily are nothing too crazy, leaving Beetleback to continue to scale the bark of one of their trees as they delver some of their catches. With Newleaf about to arrive, the amount of prey they’ve managed to find so far has been plentiful, and the pile was almost getting a little too large. He offered to bring some of it back, and let the newer recruitment get some more climbing practice in.

He certainly didn’t expect to come back to…this, though. Maybe it was because he grew his own skillset swiftly that he didn’t quite understand how others found climbing that hard. He doesn’t have much time to mull over it though, as he needs to act quick. Drizzlepelt makes a mad dash for the fellow blue tom, praying to reach him before the ground does. Surprising even himself, he does so with grace, managing to cleanly help Beetleback back down to a more level surface without injuring himself too much.

After taking a few heavy breaths to center himself, he gives an airy chuckle. “Now how did you get yourself in that position, huh?” Drizzlepelt asks coyly. He wonders briefly if it comes off a little bit unserious, but he’s still not exactly sure how to act around Beetleback. The moment of Bobbie scolding him publicly for his apparent ignorance comes to the front of his mind, and he also wonders how much he cares.​

This sucks man. Embarrassment washes over his features as he's being helped by Drizzlepelt to a more sturdy, level surface. While he would like to help the other tom out with manhandling his body, he's still struggling to catch his breath. Tomorrow's gonna be sore isn't it? Despite his embarrassment, the more... Troubling nature of his is fawning over Drizzlepelt's strength. That the tom is able to maneuver his uncooperative frame with relative ease. That's so hot. Perhaps it's a good thing that his failure led to this outcome. Their heavy breaths fill the space between them. Finally, after an eternity his body seems fine more or less. Better than gasping like a fish out of water a few moments ago.

"Aww I didn't expect my handsome savior to be so cute!" Maybe it was better if Drizzlepelt left him where he was. They didn't know each other too well, but would it kill Beetleback to use his brain? Apparently not. I just can't help it! Not when he suddenly became so shy! His crooked smile is fixed on his face as if he didn't just tell Drizzlepelt he was handsome or cute. "Anyway, uh... How I got like that..." Orange eyes avert to look at his own paws with feigned interest. "A hunting moment went wrong. I'm still not great at hunting up in the trees yet."