camp witches in these woods .. recovered!

. ° ✦ A bucking, leaping burst of energy bolting from the medicine den and kicked left and right across camps clearing. Dust and stray leaves left in his wake, Bravepaw's body was just erupting with the excitement for what he had waited FOREVER to hear! Gentlestorm had said he could return to his nest in the apprentices den, that his leg and shoulders were officially healed up and though the boys scars were rather extreme his muscles were fully recovered. No permanent limp, no big aches to slow him down. Howlingstar's punishment for his time post-recovery would sure keep him from jumping into his training but that didn't slow him down.

"LOOK!! LOOK AT ME GO!!" He spun on his front paws and tumbled forward, screeching in laughter while he celebrated his freedom. "I'm all patched up. No owl can take me down, watch!" Speaking to no one in particular, he pounced on a leaf flittering down overhead. Paws expertly slammed down on the thin green blade. As if the slow wind-drifted leaf was anything in comparison to a mouse or vole.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc: — set before the wolf bait thread
  • BRAVEPAW — HE/HIM ・ 6 MOONS ・ THUNDERCLAN & APPRENTICE ・ PENNED BY beatae!
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby/blue tabby chimera with deep blue eyes. Very thick coat that has started to grow into long, wispy curls. Developing into an awkward stage of kitten uglies as the rest of his body grows and changes.

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — Gentlestorm steps out from his den to see Bravepaw running about the camp clearing and there's exhaustion in his expression though its pushed away in the slightest as a smile parts on his maw. He's more than overjoyed to see the chocolate tabby tom springing about rather happily after having been cooped up in his den for quite some time and his scars are what's left of his injury, a soft sigh draws itself from his jaws watching Bravepaw declare that no owl would take him down. That's enough to make his brow raise as snowy paws press into the earth pushing him forward to approach his nephew "Nice catch but let's keep away from the owl. Alright?" A few of the apprentices had recovered from their injuries and soon Sunshinepaw and Vixenpaw would be out of his den, his thoughts linger on Lovepaw knowing that they still needed to stay for another moon. He recalls Howlingstar's punishment given out to the apprentices that had disobeyed and had acted rather foolishly, they were to help him gather every herb that he had lost by using it on them.

"Bravepaw, do you remember what marigold and poppy seeds look like?" The snowy healer asks his nephew as a quiet hum leaves him and he focuses his dark golden gaze onto the young tabbied tom, newleaf meant plenty of herbs and Gentlestorm would be a fool to let such an oppurtunity get away from him. He thought it would be best to remind the apprentice of what they were so when the rest of his former denmates recovered then he could take them out with another warrior, he thinks of Leafhusk briefly knowing that she had been rather trustworthy during their little herb errands.

u1GLDFj.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ❀❀❀❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • q0K38mZ.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    52 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed/not interested; mated to little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Soft hums could be heard near the apprentice den as Adderpaw splay out in the sun, opening his eyes every so often to poke around with his paw into the dirt to see if maybe a worm decided it wanted just a little bit of water from the moss that he had soaked in water to attract them. He hated how wiggly they were, the slime that would coat his paws after just one small bat at its writhing body -- the whole idea of it made his entire body shudder and caused him to dry heave for a moment. But, they had proven to him to be the most effective way of being a good dummy for practicing his training. The tabby would just try to focus on his eye-paw coordination, seeing how fast he can land on the earthworm or if he could even land on it in the first place. He was hoping to shock Leafhusk with his newfound skills at their next training session, but not much could be expected of the apprentice no matter how hard he tried.

The tomcat's daydreams however were quickly whisked away with the slight disturbance in the air as Bravepaw's antics stemming from the medicine den flashed past him in a flurry of deep brown. Allowing his nose to crinkle in irritation, Adderpaw got on his paws as brows furrowed, skeptical of what the apprentice could possibly be so energetic about. It slowly came back to him that he had heard that Bravepaw had gotten maimed badly by an owl, but he never exactly heard the exact details on the matter. Nonetheless, it seemed as though the comfortable silence that he had gotten used to subconsciously was going to subside for the meantime. He sighed for a moment, labored in action as half-open eyes squeezed shut from the other tabby's yowling. Hissing softly between his teeth, he adjusted his position to present himself as tall as he could as he spoke to Bravepaw. "You shouldn't just be yowling about like that in camp. Some of us are trying to relax, you know." Of course Bravepaw didn't know -- he wanted to express all of his pent up energy and excitement that had been contained in the medicine den for so long. But Adderpaw didn't spend a single moment debating the fact that maybe he wasn't trying to be a nuisance.

Gentlestorm was a welcome introduction to the conversation, as it meant that perhaps the young apprentice could slip off back to his more important matters -- but it also meant that he could be pulled into unwanted interactions and/or jobs. Adderpaw licked at his coat for a moment as he pondered the thought, wondering what his next move would be, but he was sure that he would get a lecture from the medicine cat for his off-hand comment earlier. He hadn't meant anything by it, really, but the tom didn't exactly know how to control his tone when he spoke to his clanmates.

ooc: ic opinions ofc, he's a lil jerk !! bravepaw is soo adorable i love him <3​

For as loud and boisterous as Bravepaw was being, Softpaw could only find herself happy that he was in good spirits after recovering from his injury - she could remember when he'd complained about doing his exercises, but everything seemed to have worked out in the end, and that was all anyone could ask for. It would definitely be nice to have some more normalcy about camp, even if that meant Bravepaw brought his belligerence back into the apprentice's den.

"It's good to see you back on your paws, Bravepaw." Softpaw purred as she approached the lively apprentice.

she understands why howlingstar had assigned him to her father, batwing’s enthusiastic son ; he pitches his voice loud as he stumbles from gentlestorm’s den, rousing emerald eyes from their tired, bruised half - slumber in the dappled shade. adderpaw rouses nearby, slitting an eye and snapping something grumpy as freckleflame is stretching out thick forelimbs. the rush of blood in her ears silences his words, but she understands the sentiment well enough — she’d gotten little sleep since her father’s vicious death, a surprise to no one whatsoever. it was a well - needed break from the sullen monotony that had befallen thunderclan camp ” oh, let ‘em celebrate, adderpaw. ‘least one of us has some joy left in us, huh? “ it’s meant to be a joke, but for now, it is only an awful truth.

softpaw greets him with a purr and she stands finally, intending on heading to the measly freshkill pile but stopping to aim a gentle, sheathed cuff over the apprentices ear, a good - natured gleam to heavily lidded eyes. her smile doesn’t quite meet emerald irises but she tries anyhow, letting the apples of her cheeks push thin lids into a squint just as gentlestorm speaks. a simple question, but one she hardly knows the answer to herself. outside of the usual cuts and scrapes of her own apprenticeship, she’d no need for the medicine den or anything in it. it made her head hurt, anyway, ” hopefully not for much longer. he’s got some serious trainin’ to catch up on! and any longer in there ‘n i betcha he’ll turn into a poppy seed. “ she pipes, giving bravepaw a conspiring grin.

78131362_AJW5AAJphsIXmja.png
  • i.

• 74358446_5A10PH5FEpmGJJY.png

• FRECKLEFLAME 𖦹 . LESBIAN, SINGLE. SMELLS LIKE SUN - WARMED OAK AND RICH, EARTHY MUSK. EIGHTEEN MOONS OLD. FRIEND & SISTER TO MANY! NAMED A WARRIOR OF THUNDERCLAN ON 8 / 3 / 2023. MENTORING NO ONE! PENNED BY ANTLERS --------------------------------------------
    78457700_xPWPrrxsVVnAJd3.gif
    she / her, eldest daughter of rabbitnose and the late sunfreckle. big, fluffy cream - ribboned tortoiseshell with seaglass eyes. larger than life! each and every part of her is broad ; wide in everything from her face to shoulders to her feathered tail, something reminiscent of her father’s kittypet heritage in the square of her chin and hulk of her figure. she appears illusionarily fluff - ridden at first, thickly pelted in shades of fire and soot, long & tangled, knotted with undergrowth — seeming soft and pudgy, and she is.. that figure curving into hard, hidden bulk along heavyset flanks and well - muscled limbs. a characteristic lack of personal space leads her to a slouching, touchy posture, often inclined to lean or bump against her peers.
    74050405_3z3TRmotTItEoMt.png
    grieving. all opinions are solely in - character and during these times, often untrue or said only in anger.

. ° ✦ While clumsy paws shifted and slid across sun-warmed dirt and a calmer celebratory dance, Bravepaw nodded eagerly at Gentlestorm's question. He would be sure to keep his eyes on thrush's and pheasants more than that owl after this.

"I do! Marigolds are the bright orange flowers! You gave it to me for um..." He couldn't remember if it was for the pain from his injuries but he would still boast his best guess. "For my leg! My leg was the ouchiest. And the poppy seeds were the TINY tiny seeds that made me go to sleep!" He had slept quite a bit in the beginning, even when Gentlestorm had treated them enough to prevent anything fatal. It was disorienting, staying away for but a pawful of some daylight before falling back into a still slumber.

His other Clanmates chime in after his outburst and his expression lifted with a glowing smile. "WOOAAHH HI GUYS!!! SEE MY MOVES??" With a determined huff he slid his paws back until he was side by side with Freckleflame, beaming at her proudly. "I can't relax when it's been a whole MOON since I got to play!! And train... I guess." Not that he had started with much to begin with.

A tiny Oof! puffed from his maw and he quickly stood up straight, as if the cuff hadn't even moved him. "I could've! Gentlestorm gave me so many, like, I felt my claws turning into little tiny seeds."
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
  • BRAVEPAW — HE/HIM ・ 6 MOONS ・ THUNDERCLAN & APPRENTICE ・ PENNED BY beatae!
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby/blue tabby chimera with deep blue eyes. Very thick coat that has started to grow into long, wispy curls. Developing into an awkward stage of kitten uglies as the rest of his body grows and changes.