pafp without you — collecting moss

die with memories , not dreams .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He sat by the shoreside, pelt prickling in anticipation at the water, something that remained mind-boggling to the warrior till this day. His ears swiveled, glancing at Frondfeather with a low-sounding rumble. “Anything?” He inquired, referring to the moss they’d been collecting, something distracting against the all-compensating thoughts that seemed to take up most of his mind, wrecking the shelf he’d cumbersomely organized and now laid in a shattered mess. He remained unwilling to collect them all.

Sleep was foreign now, but Dawnstorm continued to press forward, hunting and following orders dutifully. A breath rattled his insides, helm tilted to observe the small pile he found, pink tongue poking out to swirl around a sharp canine. “How are you?” He said, unbothered. “Have you eaten?” He prodded further, staring at the other with an unwavering gaze while they collected moss.

He blinked languidly. “Different moss.” He added, referring to the moss he’d been familiar with when they lived in the mountains, distracting.

/ please wait for @FRONDFEATHER. !
thought speech

DANDELION INTO THE WIND YOU GO,
WON'T YOU LET MY DARLING KNOW ?

frondfeather & 31 moons & female & she/her & riverclan warrior

67128085_Od5d9EaNBg3bVpm.png
Dawnstorm is far from the only one with a lot on his mind - frondfeathers smile is a strained thing, leafy green eyes shining just a bit less after all that's happened. But still - her paws work as well as ever even as mind is kept blissfully blank, those awful feelings pushed deep down where they can't bother her. Tail swishes as she works, a hum in the back of her throat. " Some, " she says, words warm as she plods those last few pawsteps back over to her friend.

Head tips to the side - " The same, I think - it'll be a while before it really hits, you know? " that their friends had betrayed riverclan - had turned, had killed. But no matter how much she misses Sasha, no matter how easily her mind can empathize, she can not justify their choices. Loyalty should always come first - at least, that's the outlook she's always kept. Kindness and betrayal are always to be paid in kind.

" Mmm... not yet - wasn't feeling very hungry this morning, but all this collecting certainly works up an appetite doesn't it? " stomach grumbles faintly as if to emphasize her point, and she can only roll her eyes in amusement. " Is it? I didn't notice - green things all look the same, really, " nose wrinkles and she stares down at their combined pile imploringly - moss is just... moss, isn't it?

... does it even matter?

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

I F E E L O K A Y W H E N I S E E Y O U S M I L E

𓆝 . ° ✦ Same as Dawnstorm and Frondfeather, Mosspool had also been assigned to gather moss. She was doing so diligently, and was just padding back over to them when she heard Dawnstorm call the moss different. She tilted her head curiously. "What do you mean?"

Mosspool looked at the moss it was holding. It did not look any different from what she had gathered, nor did it look any different from the moss she was familiar with.

Glancing up to Dawnstorm, she asked; "Are you familiar with different moss?" Though she had known he had not grown up in Riverclan having been from the Ripple Colony, she had thought they would be familiar with the same moss she was. They had not lived so far from the clans after all.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
  • challenge-3-moss-png.1191
    MOSSPOOL — SHE/HER・ 12 MOONS ・ WARRIOR & RIVERCLAN ・ PENNED BY @empyrean !
    Longhair black tabby with deep green eyes. Mosspaw is a very tall molly, standing a head above most cats her age. She has a slim, willowy physique with subtle musculature built up from a lifetime of constant training that lends itself well to swimming and running. Long, thick brown fur falls over her form with tabby patterning across it. Her eyes are a vibrant green, and shine with a bright intelligence and confidence.

Ferngill didn't wish to further ostracise the cats that had come from the Ripple Colony, after two of their own had worked to tear a life from RiverClan's leader. Yeah, it didn't look good- especially because Dawnstorm was so quiet and difficult to read- but he was getting on with his life, by the looks of it. So was Frondfeather, and all of the others. It had to be a difficult blow, to face the reality that someone you thought you knew well could do a thing like that. If any of his friends turned on Smokestar, Ferngill knew he'd be angry- knew in his heart that it would be bad, unequivocally- but if he really thought about it, would he be able to discard that kinship so easily?

He'd zoned out- and when he focused on the conversation buzzing between the warriors beside him, Ferngill's face flickered with a distinct glimmer of concentration. Different moss? Mosspool- ironically- seemed to meet the same conclusion as him. That it didn't really look that different, that it was just moss...

"I don't think the moss was even that different on the mountains," Ferngill mused, thinking bck to their makeshift nests on the Journey. He laughed to himself. "But I s'pose I wasn't focusing on the moss that much." With a shrug of his shoulders, a laugh huffed out from between Ferngill's fangs.
penned by pin