private WOLF'S RAIN 𓆩♡𓆪 MALLOWLARK

The beginnings of lazy morning is spelled through dappled sunlight. Filtered theough hazel leaves, sun spots nudge him awake slowly... A pair of eyes flutter open to paradise. It is... a small pocket of it, at least. Ine that he could maintain with a little suspension of disbelief... The outside world can be limited to just idle crackling, if he wishes it to be so. For a few key moments, he has no apprentice. No resposibilities... No nagging thing in the back of his head, sent from star - guilty conscience. There is only himself and the one he shares a nest with. The daydream rejuvinates him... with a stretch of pale limbs into his mate's pelt, a steady purr tumbles to life.

White meets white with the press of his paws... It's ambigious, where they both end and begin. It's how things are meant to be, he believes. Two halves make all of them. Red and black and white. Under the light of the moon, his eyes too, can shine silver. Beneath the gaze of the sky, Mallowlark too, can be blue. Dawnglare surrounds himself in him, sifting blightless paws through a spotless expanse. His own preening is what maintains it — And of course, the blessing that he gave to him.

" Mallowlark, " he purrs, honey - thick; never one to let his name be loose upon his tongue. It is love - soaked. Mumbled in the best way possible: with a damp nose nudging its way to a downy, white coat. In he breathes the scent of blood; familiar... spelling red in his mate's name. It would not have to be a mystery how he maintains it. Against his will, his den is host to blood and bone. With the toils of his healing, he would rather ichor settle itself here than the stench of sickness.

But even so... he thinks it to be no side effect. He thinks it to be uniquely, and authentically him. The scent that comes with sharing a nest with someone so fear - inducing... with a giggle, he thinks.

And he wishes this could be forever... Oh, How he wishes nothing else mattered, and life could just be this... Not much is keeping them from it. Not much, but... notions of duty. Of honor. Shrewd faces that annoyed him to no end and a ghost that haunted him. Dawnglare rasps a tongue across his Mallowlarks pelt. A question follows, soon after. " How do you think you would fare, in a world comprised of just you and me...? " a smile burried in his fur, he asks.

OOC: mobile post!! Pookie: @MALLOWLARK

It wasn't the sun that woke him, but the gentle push of Dawnglare's paws against his flesh- silver eyes creaked open lazily, not quite meeting the moon-wideness that usually dwelled there. Snowy white ears flicked to the noise, that inviting purr... an earthquake through him, and he met the world with a grin because of it. Every morning he awoke wondering how he had ever lived without this. Unabashed happiness upon seeing him, his name sugar sweet in that voice. No one said it as well as his phantom did.

"Dawnglare..." Sweetness mirrored, a cloak of grogginess draped over his tone. Happiness persevered though. Of course! Wouldn't it be sacrilege or something to let it dip? Even if he could... but when he woke up these lazy mornings in a perfumed nest and met lagoon blues- saw a smile reserved for him only, heard his name sang, could he dare feel anything other than bliss.

His own purr sprawled through him at the caress of ghostly paws, at the neatening rasp of a tongue that spoke prophecies. A good morning was sewn deeply in that rumble, and his half-tail flicked softly against Dawnglare's, bringing them to twine as much as he could manage. A giggle shook his shoulders, uncontrollable but silent- it whispered through his fangs, already an aching grin.

Just you and me. Mallowlark sighed into his touch, liquefying. His chin rested atop Dawnglare's head for a moment... there wasn't much thinking going on, but it fit so well that he couldn't resist it. Jigsaw of their bodies and hearts. And it was always so easy, wasn't it? "We could stay forever, here..." And that was an easy, easy thing to say when you were settled in bed, that you could never leave... but he meant it, meant it, more than anything. Like everything he'd ever said. "Hmhmhm... I'd like getting all of your attention..." None for any of their Clanmates, none for ThunderClan. "If I fell and smashed my head open, there'd be no delay. I'd live forever!"

One little, gnawing thing though... "Would you still know that you loved me if there wasn't anyone else?" He knew love to be better than everything else, but how did you know what was better if there was nothing bad?
☺PENNED BY PIN

• Love
Reactions: Floppie
Grogginess paints a darling picture of him. Of fangs that are no less dangerous, but their clench was not so tight. Perhaps their bite would not be the same kiss of death they would be by sunhigh. Mallowlark bends the rules of so many things he knows... Something doggish in nature becomes charming. He thinks, if teeth pierced skin in this sluggish waltz, it would be blood he could afford to lose. ...Or perhaps they'd forget to clamp down at all, and he could revel in the fact that he's tamed such a beast.

When the call of his name so often precedes despair, Mallowlark's lungs alone make it into a wonderful thing, once more. If ever he has missed his old moniker, he knows he is Dawnglare by the way that his mate sighs the word. It's as if it would always be Mallowlark's to say, and perhaps StarClan knew this when they deemed it to be him. They match each others joy, their nest warmed with an irreplaceable thing; the air thick with rumbled happiness. It is not the first time he has mourned the loss of something he has never known. Downy white - and - red grasps at the would - be of Mallowlark's tail. He wonders if it felt anything in the dirt where it rested.

Keen paws settle at the touch of the other's chin. In this peacefulness, his eyes can afford to slip shut... If only they could stay forever... but someone would demand him, sooner or later. ...Or with the newness of Fireflyglow's name, perhaps they would not. the thought does not settle him in the way that he'd thought it would. A blissful moment nearly goes to waste, disturbed by a sudden restlessness that had him shifting... but he settles shortly, unwilling to sever himself from that touch... " May - be, " he hums. Ideally they could... and it wouldn't be of anyone's uselessness. Of anyone's... worthlessness.

And Mallowlark lets himself be greedy; wanting for nothing more than him. He reassures him quickly, goads Dawnglare to a swoon. He tilts his head with a dream - like smile — and then it is sharp, some mix of startled amusement that shows teeth. " You – You'll live forever regardless, you know? " Half a laugh and eyes into crescents. His nose nudges the softness of his neck. " I'd stuff your guts right back in. " Anything, for him. And he thinks, it need not stay a mere dream, if they really liked it to... A twoleg nest would not be dissimilar to this one. In fact, it'd be softer; it's colors of any sort he demanded...

There's more, though. More in the form of a question. " Of course," he says — insists. Mallowlark is glimpsed with eyes slightly wide, a nose still half - tucked in plain fur. " I would see your smile and be dazzled... I would leave you and miss it dearly... " As he always had, while they met beneath the moon. " I would miss how your paws make you a ghost at nighttime. " A grin at the thought. " The stars would still send me... And perhaps I'd think that you rival them... Perhaps I'd tell you and not fear my execution, " his purr is sweet. It is obvious, the cross from hypothetical to not.

And he pauses, caught on the prospect of the stars. Fiction could extend to reality. What for so long, he had considered a call to SkyClan... Perhaps a call to him is what it had been. " And if I was sent, still... It would have to be for you, wouldn't it? " And now that he had him... What ought to happen?

Their purrs knit into a harmony, perfectly matched; always had been, always would be. Star ordaines, surely! And he'd never thought he'd believe in this stuff until it embroidered a figure right before him, weaving with ichor and blood and bone, masterfully. A ghost, just for him ... and him, just for another. Who'd have thought it! Fangs gleamed, joyful glimmer, loving sharpness.

Maybe, maybe they would stay forever- and maybe they wouldn't. It might get boring, lying forever until your muscles atrophied, or your skin melted into the plush moss of your nest. Oh and he'd never be able to demonstrate how he'd run for Dawnglare until his legs broke, shattered, snapped- anything else so, so, so painful! But it was fine, because those ghostly paws could fix anything, fix everything...

And, and- he'd live forever, no matter what. "So will you," came that little sigh- the one who could mend everything. A balm of the heart and flesh and bone. And guts, apparently! A laugh burst from Mallowlark's throat, a jerk against Dawnglare's resting head, and he wordlessly apologised for the suddennes by brushing his nose against tuft-tipped ears. "I'd trust no-one else, sweetly sighed... "... to do it right. They'd p-put my stomach in my mouth." Fireflyglow was forgotten, for his training was meaningless when Dawnglare was there instead. A laugh, silent and stammering breath, warbled in his throat.

Compliments weaved a golden thread into the easy morning, and Mallowlark, with a gaze glimering argent with adoration, spoke all the appreciation wordlessly. Your paws make you a ghost at night-time. A floating corpse! And wasn't that a thought- Mallowlark's smile ached with its wideness, reaching the bases of his ears. He didn't dare blink and miss a moment of the starshine in Dawnglare's eyes. And that, that blasphemous compliment- he hummed a little song of satisfaction, tightening his embrace.

Sent. Sent for him, an honour- but what else would have bought him to Fourtrees that day? Called them both? Coincidence had its grubby paws in everything, but what had birthed coincidence itself? "Mahah- maybe you always were," he hummed, a quiet, whispery thing. "And I was for you, too." An inky paw idly caressed the silky plush of his side. Oh, it was meant to be, certainly. And cyclical... they'd always find each other. Again and again, forever and ever. "The first time, at least. But then I came back because I wanted to..." His words trailed down a silver path. A grin remained, of course. And that Dawnglare had missed him, that meant he had wanted, too. "I think we've earned the right to do what we want, after listening to those whispers for so long." Especially Dawnglare.
☺PENNED BY PIN

• Love
Reactions: Floppie