private WOLFSONG ╱ A SCAR REMAINS ´ˎ˗

The stars above his head weigh as heavily upon the night-bathed moorlands as they do his shoulders. He can feel the gaze of the dead, all of their wisdom and their disdain. When first they came here, Sunstride had been desperate only to prove himself as worthy of their blessings. It was to be a new world, something wholly separated from the scalding past. He did not account for the scars it would leave. Though the burns scabbed over and eventually healed, they did not leave him. The past is something he has carried. StarClan must see it in the very way that he stands. Do they know that he had tried? Or did they only see the way that his intentions soured with time? He knows that his heart had led him astray. He knows that he had looked at Wolfsong, his dearest of friends, and seen a traitor. Even if the image is long gone...

As he has said: the scars remained.

With time, he has begun to treasure them. The remnants of open wounds where the skin had toughened to armor. Never again would he make the same mistake. These stars may judge his mistake, but so too would they witness what became of it. He is intent on it becoming something good.

"Wolfsong." He had been out late, another night patrol as their healer rests. The nest he is tucked within smells of comfort and bitter herbs. Quickly the two are becoming conflated within his mind. "It is not urgent. Walk with me?" The low rumble is given to Wolfsong's jaw, his nose nuzzled deeply within his thick fur. I have missed the time alone with you, he does not say; I regret that your path will take you so far from me. Please allow me what you can.
border2.png

• ooc:
  • SUNSTRIDE. named for his coloration and his bold chasing of fate.
    —— cis male, he - him. approx. 40 moons old. lead warrior of windclan + former rogue.
    —— gay, monogamous. mate to wolfsong from 07.05.2023.  npc x npc, no larger family.
    —— has recently regained some of his earlier lightness, but maintains his steady facade.

sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond its borders, with fur that flames red and deepens to a burnt amber with every whorl and stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of him.
  • "speech"

• Love
Reactions: WOLFSONG
── .∘°°∘. ── It has been a moon now since the kits first began to grow, and some fifteen suns since Wolfsong's dream guided him to realization. He has noticed lately that his stomach grumbles less for meals, his appetite dampened, though from the burgeoning swell of his belly, it could almost seem as though he indulges a little too much. He had been afraid of what such an image might mean for his view of self, but he is...content. He knows the little faces that wait are his and Sunstride's, and nothing else matters.

It has not yet become normal to find Sunstride asleep in a shared nest, to call him mate and share the full weight of his love without fear. Not so long ago, Sunstride had shouted and snarled, glaring him down, denying his trust. Wolfsong does not linger on those memories— he is certain now that he did not speak truthfully, that it was anger alone, and he sleeps far more peacefully for it.

Wolfsong is nearing that brink of wakelessness when he hears pawsteps in the sand. His eye blinks open to find Sunstride, and his heart eases as he smiles, tucking his own nose into a flame-kissed cheek. "Of course." Unfolding himself, he steps in to brush their sides together. "I am glad to spend time with you. I know I have not been able to since I began sleeping in this den."
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 36 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge. — ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know— he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel." — ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you. — ☆☆☆☆☆ KITTING: He doesn't remember what it was like to be born. Coincidentally, that is the extent of his familiarity with kitting. At least he won't leave you without moral support.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you. — ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.