camp WORLD OF CREATION &. warriors den ( landmark )

ORANGEPAW.

ALONE AGAIN ☆▪︎°○
Jun 7, 2023
WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

he wonders if life would have different if his mom had been born in thunderclan. would he be as happy? would he have been the same cat he is today? would his mom still be alive, right now? as he watches the warrior's den, from the medicine cat den's entrance, the tom cannot help but imagine. what does it look like in there. would his mom be comfortable in there? what would her nest look like and would she have had one in there even when staying in the nursery, which she waited for him to grow enough to become an apprentice? he twitches his ears back and forth in wonder.

"do you think my mom would have a good nest in there?"

he asks no on in particular. he twitches his ears as an unusual look of neutrality sits on his face. he doesn't even really notice he's not smiling. it must have been unnerving.

"i think when i become a warrior i'm gonna make a nest for her in there. just in case she wants to rest. i... I know she's dead but my mom always said that she would be with me. is it comfortable enough in there for another nest? do all warriors have really comfortable nests? what's it look like in there?"

he stares for a moment before pushing a smile on his face. he's curious, he can't help it. he wants to be a good warrior one day. for his mama. maybe if he was a good warrior he would be able to save others... like he should have been able to save her.

"describe it to me?"

maybe with a visual, he can imagine his mom as a warrior, fresh out of apprenticeship and making a new nest. he could at least do that much.

// tldr: he is curious about the warriors den both because he wants to be in there one day, and he wants to imagine what it would be like if his mom was a warrior!! feel free to be the warrior he's talking to!

"Describe the warriors' den," Orangepaw says, and Raccoonstripe's muzzle creases faintly with a smile. "Go get us something to share from the fresh-kill pile and I'll tell you," he declares. It's a great honor for Orangepaw to share fresh-kill with a senior lead warrior, especially next to the warriors' den, but Raccoonstripe is feeling benevolent. The little ginger tom's return will see the beginning of the dark tabby's description. "Let's see. It's comfortable, but it's crowded. You'll find out someday. It's easy to stay warm, though, with so many cats surrounding you."

He flicks his ears and settles closer to Orangepaw. "The senior-most warriors share the space in the center of the den. The younger warriors have theirs circling ours." A smile flickers across his face. "I remember when Wildheart first became a warrior. He tried to stake a spot for himself in the middle of the den! He nearly got his ears clawed for that one!"

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — "speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 37 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.

[ ༻ ☼ ༺ ] The warriors den, it felt like a far way from where she was now, yet even then with passing moments she'd be an apprentice real soon, joining Orangepaw and Boldpaw in the crowd of other apprentices, and before long and with a blink of her eyes, she'd be a warrior, standing side by side with her siblings, gaining their final names. One every kit perhaps dreams for, and overhearing words expressed by Racconstripe to Orangepaw brought the girl over, blue gaze shimmering as she looked between the two. "Why do the youngest sleep on the outside? What if there was an invasion? Wouldn't it be important for the senior warriors to be able to fend the clan quicker if they were closer to the enterance than that of the younger ones?" she chirped curiously.

Racconstripe had described the den as crowded and honestly, that was something Fadingkit did not mind, after all she shared a nest with her siblings all piled up close together in the nights time, it was far more comfortable than sleeping seperately from each other, yet she guess if someone wasn't kin... then it wouldn't be the same way. "Did you sleep on the outskirts of the warrior den when you first became warrior?" she wondered towards the lead warrior. Someday... she and her siblings would be there, amongst the crowds of the other warriors, yet for now she eagerly bided her time until that day.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Fadingkit She/Her, Kit of Thunderclan, 6 moons.
    Stocky short flame point tabby she-kit with blue eyes and stubby tail, one floppy ear
    Crimsonsun x Shadedmoon
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

✧ . There had been a time when Toadhop thought he’d be an apprentice forever. A time when he’d wondered if he’d ever be able to move his nest out of the out-grown apprentice den and into the warrior den. It seems almost… funny now, how much he’d feared being stuck there forever. He’s grown used to the warrior den’s walls now, been here long enough now that his late graduation hardly matters anymore.

He’s headed out of the den when he overhears the conversation: one brought up by a curious apprentice toward Raccoonstripe, the topic of discussion being the very structure before them.

Yes, it’s… very crowded, “ Toadhop finds himself agreeing with the senior lead warrior. He can’t imagine how crowded it will be by the time ThunderClan’s current youth are old enough to become warriors — surely they’ll have to expand it!

Fadingkit brings up a good question. Why do the younger warriors sleep toward the outside? He’s been a warrior long enough now to no longer be on the outer-most ring, now, but still he questions the purpose of it himself. “ It’s… a rite of passage, I suppose. A sign of respect to those who have served the clan longer than others. “ Toadhop’s gaze shifts toward the lead warrior, uncertainty in his gaze — had he answered correctly? ​
EpC61GT.png
  • 75352427_5zJK0BNBCWuj2E9.png
    TOADHOP AMAB. He / Him. Warrior of ThunderClan.
    ✧ . A brown tabby and white tom with blue eyes.
    ✧ . Cinderfrost x Grime
    ✧ . Mentored by Stonepool
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack