you’ve got a friend | willowroot

She finds familiarity in smoky coat patterns and sage green eyes on her brief walk (more of a limp than a walk) around camp. Robinheart keeps her outings brief - she finds she tires easily and aches terribly if she pushes her body beyond its current limits. Perhaps taking a break and speaking with her former mentor turned family member would be beneficial for her? Physically and emotionally.

Slowly the tortoiseshell eases herself beside the reclining warrior, affectionately bumping her head against the older warrior’s cheek in greeting. “Good idea escaping the heat in this patch of shade,” she murmurs with a purr, adjusting the way she lays to take any pressure off of her mending leg. Robinheart finds she does not glance at her hind limb quite as often anymore - she no longer studies the crooked nature and loss of muscle tone in critical gaze. The muscle she is working on building back. And the crookedness… well that was just proof she saved her children and survived.

“I’ve heard you’ve been spending time in the nursery with Apricotflower and the kits,” Robinheart’s citrine eyes glimmer with a sad fondness as she looks to her former mentor, “I truly cannot thank you enough for helping look after them.” For doing the job I am unable to do in this condition. Life has been cruel in stealing the queen from the kits when they still needed her for everything, but life has also granted her a strong support system to step up and help out. “How are they doing? They didn’t give Apricotflower too hard a time weaning, did they?” Her own maternal milestone had been dried up at her request to Moonbeam. She couldn’t go through that process while bound to the medicine den where kits could not stay. It broke her heart many nights over, missing the rhythmic kneading of paws against her belly. Now the memory fades and the feeling is beginning to be forgotten. “Also how have you been doing? I’ve missed you.”

@willowroot
[ penned by kerms ]