backwritten you ARE the father // p; frost & kids

► Flamingmoth.

I have a million signs that my fortune just begun
Aug 14, 2023
❀​‧₊˚ I LIKE THE WAY YOU DANCE ˚₊‧❀​

ragweed & 42 moons & male & he/him & carrionplace loner

Honestly, heavens above, Ragweed cannot understand for the life of him how he's ended up in this situation. Chased from one home only to be forced into another all by the same group of cats. Because he'd went and let his flirting get the best of him, and - well, he supposes the rest is clear enough. And now, he has to meet them - his kits. His. He's a father. Sort of.

Ears wriggle helplessly as he follows the shadowclanners back to camp - ginger fur licked as clean as can be, though the lingering scent of carrion refuses to truly leave his pelt no matter how often he bathes. The journey is over much too soon, and he swallows dryly, feeling as though there is a rat bone caught in his throat as he stares.

"Well damn," the swear slips out before he can stop it, eyes wide and ears drawn back. Because reality is staring him in the face, plain as day - two of frostbite's kits are very, very ginger. The others clearly take after him more, pale shadows of white and cream. Copper eyes meet blue in a daze, as paws shuffle nervously - what on earth's name is he supposed to even say? 'Hi, you don't know me but I'm your dad? I didn't even know you existed but Chilledstar's letting me live here now?' just the thought of it feels stupid.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: @Frostbite @POPPYPAW @Ptarmiganpaw @.Wolfpaw @GRACEPAW.
    tw/cw: —
  • a sleek and muscular red tabby tom with copper toned eyes, white socks, and a white tail. he reeks of the carrionplace from living there so long, but otherwise is quite nice to look at. he doesn't seem to be the brightest of the bunch, and thinks way to highly of himself.

physically medium && mentally medium
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not allowed
    please attack using [b][color=coral]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

He chewed his lip the entire way back to camp. He didn't know how to feel. He was confused, conflicted. He never imagined himself in this situation, and so he never thought of what he would do. But here he is, keeping himself together. It's not like Ragweed was a bad cat. He hadn't know the cat for long, but he could tell he was different from many of the rogues that he has met. He was simply a loner who lived in the Carrionplace. How he'd never scented him before doesn't bother him because with the way that place smells.... He's lucky his nose still works after each visit.

He knows Chilledstar is probably annoyed that he never told him that Ragweed was there. But in his defense, he was having a crisis and it slipped his mind. Not the best excuse, he knows. He's just glad everything worked out for the better. He's already decided that Ragweed is his responsibility.

He wondered how his kits would react to meeting their father. He hadn't said much, not expecting to meet Ragweed again. Now he's bringing him back to camp, unsure of how they will react. They now stand before them, and Frostbite moves to sit by his kits.

"Kits...There's someone I would like you to meet.." He says, gesturing to Ragweed. "This is Ragweed. He's your father."

He probably could have eased into it better, but Frostbite was never known for his social skills.​