private YOU CAN KEEP YOUR BODY BAG // starlingheart

ABANDON ALL YOUR STUPID DREAMS
ABOUT THE GIRL I COULD HAVE BEEN, MY DEAR
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
maggotfur 18 moons female she/her shadowclan warrior
56561981_gzSVWQMDHDXhC73.png
For all of Maggies skills, even she can admit that empathy has never been on of them. Kindness, sympathy, care - foreign emotions that she'd never received growing up, that she had only felt sparingly. And yet, she finds herself in a position where she musttry. She is not stupid - no matter how magpiepaw had made fun of her for being unable to untangle her own emotions -affections - she had seen what starlingheart had meant to him. What he had meant to her.

She still thinks she's too soft - stammering and slouched, wholly unfitting of the image Shadowclan should present. But... that' fine, she supposes, because Maggotfur can be... strong, instead. Magpiepaw would haunt her if she doesn't, she thinks, with grief-tinged humor - send his awful star-blessed birds after her, perhaps. " He loved you, you know? " a different sort than she's ever known - an orphan, utterly unwanted, with half-siblings she loathes. She's never had family, close though Magpiepaw had come to being so. " If he is not with the stars, then he will find his way back to us someday, " she does not doubt this - his birds would guide him home, if nothing else. Star-blessed was he.

" Is there anything you need help with, " she says after a moment, changing topics as easily as breathing - her attempts at comfort already falling flat. Still, she's utterly out of her depth here, and at least she's trying. That's more than most would be offered. eyes trail over herbs and all manner of supplies that litter the den, but honestly all of it looks the same to her - nose twitching against the sharp scents. She doesn't know how they do it - keep tack of everything, of everyone.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
A N D - I F - Y O U ' R E - B L I N D - T O - T H A T , I ' M - F I N E - W I T H - T H A T
// @Starlingheart

Last edited: