private YOU GOT A FRIEND IN ME &. brackenpaw

ORANGEPAW.

ALONE AGAIN ☆▪︎°○
Jun 7, 2023
WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

brackenpaw was his friend. he missed talking to them at the last gathering and he had asked a warrior to take him to the loner lands just so he could learn to track better. he meant it, what he wanted to do. butterflyskip was busy, so he just asked the next warrior he could find. but he wandered away. he is sure the warrior won't mind, right? he just wants to see if he can find brackenpaw around here like they'd talked about and he does! she's there!

"hi brackenpaw! I missed you! I wished I coulda went to the gathering! were you allowed to go or were you at your camp? how is everything going?"

he asks with a wide smile as he sits down. he hopes they're okay!

@Brackenpaw

Brackenpaw has a habit of wandering lately, anywhere but camp sounded fine right now. She tried to wander not too far since the last thing they needed was to run into that mouse-brained group that had caused all of this to begin with. They paced until she couldn’t anymore, trying to wear either their body or their mind down so maybe they could relax just once. The sight of tangerine fur and a vaguely familiar voice brings her out of her concentration. Olive eyes squint at the tom as he sits down, despite her better judgement they sit down as well. Tail curling around themself defensively as they stare at him, eye’s narrowing in suspicion.

ThunderClan was fine right? WindClan doesn’t seem to hold any issues with them that her young mind was aware of anyways. “Hey Orangepaw, I missed you too.” They let tense shoulders sag in relaxation just for a moment. A black and orange ear twitches at the mention of the gathering, that night's far reaching shadow being cast out here too. “I was… at camp.” She paused as she tried to collect their thoughts, unsure of how much she should even be saying.

“There was… I uh. Something bad happened, I don’t know how much I can say but everything sucks.” They scowl as they speak, but with a shaky exhale it’s let go momentarily. “How is everything going for you?” It’s a lousy attempt at misdirecting his attention and yet the tunneler apprentice hopes that he follows it anyways.

• ooc.
  •  
  • BIOGRAPHY
    they/she, tunneler apprentice of Windclan, 8 moons (ages on the 22nd)
    a lithe and fragile looking calico that looks like they still need to grow into her ears
    Speech, thoughts, attacking
    NPC x NPC, mentored by Bluefrost
    easy to befriend other kits, gradually harder to befriend every rank after that
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Juice ↛ @/ouijeejuice on discord, feel free to dm for plots.
    All opinions are IC!! Bracken is a little hater

WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

orangepaw didn't expect brackenpaw to be so sullen. it seems they're troubled, even when they speak up and say that they missed him. that in of itself makes orangepaw happy! he doesn't like being missed but he does like feeling his friend at least thought about him enough to miss him, you know? his tail sways back and forth as he thinks, brows furrowing when he listens to brackenpaw speak, tilting his head and blinking a few good times. something bad? well, that was vague! out of curiosity, and slight worry, he pushes closer to his friend and sniffs her pelt, tail flicking back and forth. no blood. he knows that would be bad, and he doesn't want that! when he pulls back, a soft smile still sits on his face.

"do you wanna talk about it? you absolutely do not have to buuuuut my mom always says it's good talk about what's the matter aaaaand I'm here to listen!!"

he wiggles himself to a seated position, ears swiveling back and forth to face brackenpaw fully. truly, he doesn't think there is an issue with this. brackenpaw was his friend, and there was nothing wrong with having friends, right? his mama didn't think so and neither did he! his nose twitched before he blinked in surprise! oh, they wanted to know about him! he doesn't wanna talk too much but...

"im good! i'm still lookin' for my mama but i know it's only a matter of time before she gets back! she's gonna be a good warrior, gentlestorm said so! and and I saw a starfly! one of those glowie ones! he gave me a kiss right on my nose, it was so cool! and– wait wait i'm supposed to be listening to you, brackenpaw! you shouldn't let me talk so much otherwise I won't stop, hehe!"

he giggled, a wide grin on his face. it was the truth. if he was allowed to keep talking, he would. without a doubt.

There is a startled attempt at a recoil when Orangepaw pushes closer into their personal space to sniff at her pelt, they cool themselves down though, reasonably she assumed that he couldn't even harm a stray bug so there was no danger here. Being on their guard was good but they let themself lower that wall temporarily when in the space of someone so disarming. Perhaps it was the foolish thing to do, but they were a little overconfident in their assessment of the thunderclanner in front of them especially when he carries such a soft expression. It makes their skin crawl but they can't help but smile back, it's a tiny thing and barely noticeable but it's there. "Will you keep it to yourself?" Their tone carries a grave underlayer to it, bright eyes scrutinizing the tom in front of them as she tries to discern if he actually was capable of lying.

Thankfully, they don't have to stress about talking right away. He seems more than happy to talk about himself, it gave her time to shrug the self imposed weight that she carries. Allowing themself the leniency to hear about a life that they will never experience, there was comfort in that. She nods every so often, delayed from when he'd answer her. Right, his mother, Gentlestorm, these are names and identities that she recalls from when they spoke at the gathering. Brackenpaw was fairly certain that she wasn't coming back- not from what he had disclosed the last time they spoke, when was someone going to break it to him? Or did he already know?

"Starfly? I haven't managed to see one of those" the mention of the bug perks large ears up to attention. There's a glint to her eyes that clearly indicates that he had her interest, not that it wasn't there before when the apprentice was talking but she was able to play off the other interests in conversation easily enough. If they were embarrassed over the fact that Orangepaw had caught them in the fact that she was trying to distract him by asking about his life instead of her own then she wouldn't indicate it.

"There's nothing to really talk about with me. We were... attacked at the night of the gathering. It's fine though, WindClan survived and we're stronger for it" a lie really, but despite how low her guard was she wasn't going to reveal too much of their knowledge. The information should come from Sunstar if he chose to disclose it, so she leaves the murders and the fact that Vulturekit's missing out of the conversation. No outsider should know about WindClan's shortcomings, their sufferings sure but not to this extent. "Can you tell me more about the starfly?" It's a quiet meow, something too vulnerable from someone as closed off as them.

• ooc.
  •  
  • BIOGRAPHY
    they/she, tunneler apprentice of Windclan, 8 moons (ages on the 22nd)
    a lithe and fragile looking calico that looks like they still need to grow into her ears
    Speech, thoughts, attacking
    NPC x NPC, mentored by Bluefrost
    easy to befriend other kits, gradually harder to befriend every rank after that
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Juice ↛ @/ouijeejuice on discord, feel free to dm for plots.
    All opinions are IC!! Bracken is a little hater