private YOU KNOW I'M AFRAID OF THE WATER ;;; flamewhisker

// @Flamewhisker

She couldn't sleep much after her dream. Not at all, actually. She'd stayed up pondering what it could have possibly meant, remaining sure it must have been a sign from StarClan. And if it was a sign...what could it mean? She remembers the feeling of water filling her mouth and nose, the feeling of suffocating beneath its weight. There is only one conclusion she can come to. She is going to lose a life soon, and once she does, she will be on her final life. And there is one cat over all of the others who must know it.

As a ginger pelt steps into her den, she offers her deputy a warm smile and dips her head. "I hope it wasn't too hot on your patrol," She purrs, her voice carrying a bit of amusement. Lately it's been absolutely dreadful out there. Cloudy days are their saving grace in Greenleaf, and there aren't many of those. Tilting her head to the side gently, her voice drops to a more solemn tone as she mews, "There's something I need to talk to you about, Flamewhisker. It's about ThunderClan's future. One day, I will be gone, and you will be ThunderClan's leader. It's time you know the omen Berryheart received."

〕When Howlingstar had asked to see her after her patrol, she hadn't been too shocked. With all of the disagreements and the recent exiling of several of their warriors, they had enough to talk about until sun down. She dipped her head in greeting as she stepped into her leader's den, and padded forward to take a seat. Even though the den was cut off from what little breeze found its way through the forest's undergrowth, it was still shaded in here and out of the direct sunlight. While she knew very well what dangers came along with leaf-bare, she wouldn't mind at least a couple cool days to take a break from the heat. "I was pretty sure I was melting earlier, but I appear to still be intact." The fiery tabby trilled, returning the friendly smile.

Howlingstar began to speak again, her tone growing solemn. "Is this about the mouse-brained gossip from those younger warriors?" She asked, her eyes narrowing slightly. When Ravenstrike had claimed that Howlingstar was going soft, she had wanted to claw that molly's ears off, but then she would have been no better than they were. She waited a few heartbeats for a response, but when she gazed into her leader's eyes, she realized that she was serious. Something had unsettled her. "I pray that day will not come for many moons, but I will care for the clan as fiercely as you have when the time comes." The tabby dipped her head respectfully, and lifted her head back to meet Howlingstar's gaze. Berryheart. It had been some time since he had received the omen...he had passed several moons ago. "Is Thunderclan in danger?" She knew Medicine Cats spoke to Starclan and received omens, but the logistics of their ancestors was something she had always found vaguely confusing. Thunderclan couldn't be in too immediate of danger if the omen had been received back when Berryheart was still here, but the last omen she had heard about was when Yellowcough had began.
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 35 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

She can see the protectiveness grow in her deputy like a sparking fire - she's always been so loyal. The tabby shakes her head gently, eyes shutting for a moment. "No. It's not that, Flamewhisker. My spine is stronger than the misplaced frustrations of young warriors," She mews, her maw quirking up in the beginnings of a smile. She can see Flamewhisker grow more serious now, and her words draw a larger smile from her. "I know you will. It's why I chose you. I know you'll love this clan just as I do. It's just...I have only two lives left." The first admittance out loud in all the seasons she's been leader. Threat after threat has taken her down to this point. She doesn't regret any of it. A leader is granted nine lives to lay down in the defense of their clan and she would gladly do so a hundred more times. Though it's true, she does hope her last lives last her as long as they can. She is not ready to depart from this world quite yet.

Even still, she wants to make sure her successor is prepared. Is ThunderClan in danger? She asks, and for a moment she thinks of mentioning her dream. She doesn't, though - only shakes her head. Berryheart's dream had held a different meaning. "He received a dream when Yellowcough was beginning to spread in the forest. Before you and the others left on the journey. Berryheart's dream gave him a prophecy: 'the vine will not grow without all of its leaves.' It was talking about the creeper vine that symbolized the five clans, back when StarClan visited us after the Great Battle. ThunderClan received that prophecy for a reason...We are meant to ensure none of the leaves die; we are meant to ensure none of the clans fall. That is why I agreed to help RiverClan's medicine cat - that, along with the peace of Sunningrocks, of course. Lichenstar did promise we would see no war over it if we let Gentlestorm go to their territory." After the long-winded explanation, she draws a breath, searching the red tabby's face for her reaction. Finally, she adds, "ThunderClan is the clan of prophecy. You must carry the mantle with that in mind."

• Love
Reactions: waluigipinball
It's just...I have only two lives left. The red tabby blinks, letting the severity of her leader's words set in. She knew that by accepting the position of deputy, that meant one day she may follow in Howlingstar's paw steps. The idea was intimidating, but one she hopefully wouldn't have to follow through with for quite some time. The thought still unsettled her though...Thunderclan would not be the same without her. She was a mother to some, a grandmother to many, and even a great grand mother. Her bloodlines ran deep throughout the clan, and she was a motherly figure to many. To her. Flamewhisker's mouth went dry, but Howlingstar continued to speak before she could say anything.

She began to tell her about the dream, the famous vine from the elder's tales. We are meant to ensure none of the clans fall. That was why she had agreed to help Riverclan's Medicine Cat. "I understand now." The deputy said, dipping her head. Her leader's agreement to help their enemy hadn't been one she had agreed with. Publicly she had, but deep down, allowing Moonbeam in their camp disturbed her. After she was done learning from their Medicine Cat, what was keeping her from bringing her own battle patrol straight into the Thunderclan camp? We'll just have to wait and see. What's done was done, and if Thunderclan was truly meant to keep the five clans safe, then surely Starlcan wouldn't let Riverclan attack them. "I've always known Thunderclan was special."
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 35 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

• Love
Reactions: HOWLINGSTAR
Howlingstar watches her deputy process the information, knowing the weight of this conversation is heavy. She is relieved that she seems to take it well and that draws a small smile to her face. "You joined the right clan all those seasons ago," She mews softly, playfully. She still remembers that day, the weak and injured loner known as Flame showing up on their border. Look at the heights she's climbed since. Her gaze steadies then as she continues, "I'm glad you understand...I trust you to uphold that strength you've always shown. First as a ThunderClan warrior, then as a lead warrior under both myself and Emberstar, and as my deputy."

She takes a deep breath, her whiskers twitching uncertainly. "And...protect my family, when that day comes. I think that is what I'm most afraid of...leaving them behind. I've always been there for them and..." I can't imagine not being there anymore. She closes her eyes for a moment, a frown tugging at her maw before she opens them again to stare at her paws. "Defend them as you would your own kits, Flamewhisker, I beg you."