sensitive topics you should say, thank you ( oneshot )

( tl;dr - a visit from Thistle's biological father. Set near the twolegplace. // Thistle was an orphan stray who named himself Tommie ,, just wanted to have a little development. )

A weight, heavy and sudden bowls the thorny warrior onto his side and rolls him like horse-kicked dog. Thistleback’s skull white maw is wrinkled in sudden fury, snarl ripped into the frosted world with vengeance forged in steel eyes.

Rogue scent, finally, it’s my bloody turn he thinks with sickly glee and bloodthirsty hunger. He slams his hocks under his fallen body, twists himself up violently and whirls himself on the stranger.

Only- it was no stranger. Realization takes moments, but not soon enough.

" shit " he quickly retracts his claws but not before they cut through tough skin and made an old man wince and stumble. A spiky white beast, black muscled limbs, and a torn lip of exposed teeth. This was not a mistakeable cat. Though his absence had been since Thistleback was four moons old, this was not a muzzle you could forget. Especially when it caused your everything. " well… this… is quite…" well if it isn't old scratch himself, spoken in an accent mirroring Thistle's.

" wow kid…. y-….h……uh…. you’ve…grown "

" you don’t say. " it’s monotone, humorless. His rage is building suddenly, snuffing the shock. Old wounds ripped suddenly, the life of an orphan sewn by this man’s paw. " Wow…. look at you… you’re just… a monster " The White elder half-circles his son.

" I’m glad you think so, maybe you should run. " Thistleback quips, hackles raising. A dark coldness returning to the warmth Skyclan had built and nurtured in his soul. " that any way to talk to your bloody father you prat ? " Caledon spits out, contempt and arrogant as ever.

" did you just call yourself a father? " Thistleback barks out, laughing viciously. " You left when I was four, Caledon. We’re strangers. You didn’t even fucking name me " The urchin furred Skyclanner steps forward, willing himself not to rip the rest of the rogue’s maw off.

" Well.. you seem …sufficient. Perhaps you should be thanking me. You’re stronger for it. I always say… less love makes for a stronger cat " Daring words, earn another chuckle from Thistleback. Teeth licked over by a bladed tongue to smother his anger. " sure, sure. Thanks father. Be sure to thank my mother too, whoever the hell she bloody well is. " Thistleback spits out, his laughter is bubbling out venomously. " It felt good, starving. Eating insects, rubbish, and fighting for scraps. Not having a fucking name, learning to live on the streets while I had kitten fur " he carries on, Caledon hardly moves. Devoid of emotion, as his orphan son bleeds out a life of hardship.

" I couldn’t be a father! I was- it was… you- I didn’t ask to be- …. it was an accident " Caledone fights to defend himself verbally but it seemed several attempts failed. Excuses boiling under the surface of a son’s rageful stare. " Maybe… maybe I can fix this… maybe I could… surely I can be… here… I can be here for you now…" the elder stutters.

Thistleback thrusts his skull to Caledon’s, jaw set next to the elder’s ear. Father and son, withered soldiers the pair of them, but Thistleback could easily dismantle the older man. " If you don’t get off Skyclan land. I will bury you where you stand. "

" I’m a grown fucking man. A real father. A warrior and mentor. No thanks to you… no thanks to anyone but me. " he spits out, shoving his maw across Caledon’s and whipping away causing the man to stumble once more. Thistleback growls deeply, paws sinking in the snow as he storms into the shadows to fume. Thank me, he says…. Thank me…..

" If I catch your scent again. I will track you. and I will kill you, Caledon. " he turns his chin over his shoulder, a final warning.

• song inspired / disturbed - I'm alive

• MqZ0nzd.png
    ✧ T H I S T L E B A C K
    thirty-three moons
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan
    taken by
    Deersong 9.29.22
    — mentoring quillpaw
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
  • bVBPWus.png