YOU STOLE MY HAPPY || Falconheart

〕The sun was beginning it's departure from the sky. Flamewhisker sat beside the warrior's den, grooming her pelt, when finally the figure she had been waiting for appeared before her. She waited for him to sit down before slowly padding over to him. The deputy hadn't spoken to anyone since Skyclaw's takeover, so she felt the gazes of her clanmates burning on her pelt as she approached her son. It had been difficult to put on the facade, but it was the best way to observe. She had to figure out who she could trust, and right now there were few cats she trusted more than her kits. Smokefur and Ravenstrike were on opposite ends of the camp, watching the clearing and her, but they were out of earshot for the most part. It's now or never. "How was training?" she asked, drawing her tongue over his shoulder fur as she began to share tongues with him. An action that wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

"Keep your voice down...there are ears everywhere." A whisper, just for his ears. "I need you to get a message to Raccoonstripe and Roeflame." Smokefur was looking in their direction now with narrowed eyes, but he did not approach. "Act normal." A pause, then she pretended to paw at something in her mouth. "Goodness, did you have to bring back every twig you found?" Skyclaw's follower seemed content with the words, and turned his head away for a moment. "Tell them to meet me in two sunrises, I'll try to see if Fallowbite can guard me. Near the snake rocks." That area was the last place she wanted to be this time of the year, but hopefully the threat of adders would be enough to keep any unwanted ears away from them long enough to talk. Gentlestorm would have to be filled in later, it would look too suspicious if he were out of the camp at the same time as the others...and Nightbird could be filled in by Raccoonstripe. "I'm going to fix this."
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. @FALCONHEART
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 35 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

𓍊𓋼 His mother has eyes on her at all times. It makes sense, even though Falconheart hates it. Flamewhisker is the true leader of ThunderClan right now, so of course Skyclaw is afraid of her. She’s the cat who should challenge him—the cream tabby is just glad that the coward hasn’t ordered his wolves to murder her in her sleep yet. There’s a reason he’s slept closer to her than ever, squeezing his way in between the other, more senior warriors to position his nest beside her own. If any of the slithering tyrant’s followers are going to attack his mother, then they’ll have to cut him down next to her. It isn’t surprising that he’s in a bit of a rush to return to the warriors’ den as the sun sets, drawn to his mother’s side, but not daring to stand too close. He doesn’t want to cause her any trouble, but when the ginger tabby approaches him and begins sharing tongues, he allows himself to relax.

"Training went pretty well, I’d say. Me and Bugpaw are mostly focusing on strength and endurance training right now, since I’m so bad at it," he explains in response to her initial question, moving to rasp his tongue over her fur in turn. His ear twitches as she speaks into it, but otherwise he manages to keep himself still. Don’t give anything away. She needs something from him—she needs him to pass a message along. Her following comment about twigs in his fur brings first a confused twitch of a brow, then an understanding grimace. Forced into some act of normalcy, small talk that would be heartwarming if not for the traitors who lurk only fox-lengths away. His lip curls into the imitation of a smile, tail flickering behind him—clear tells that he’s lying, making up something on the spot. Not that these cats, who have hardly spared him a second glance in all their lives, would know. "Well, training may have seen us both meet a bush… with our faces." His mother casts a quick glance in the direction of their onlookers, but Falconheart doesn’t dare. She must like what she sees, though, because she continues on with her whispered words.

When Flamewhisker is finished, the tom attempts to meet her eyes. He feels so small next to her, so dim beneath her sun-glow greatness, so meek contrasted against her strength. He’s no good in a fight (getting better, but it’s never been his strength). But this… this is something he can do this. He nods. "Alright," he responds, his voice kept low. "I’ll do it. But you have to do something for me, too."

• ooc:
  • 82611636_I7otEt4vDdutjcB.png
  • FALCONHEART ❯❯ he/him, thunderclan warrior
    shorter than average cream tabby with white spotting. seems gloomy and has few friends, but is a hard worker and never neglects his duties.
    son of flamewhisker and flycatcher ; brother to stormfeather, scorchedpaw, bugpaw, sunpaw, squirrelpaw, sparrowpaw
    mentoring bugpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

Reactions: Flamestar
〕He confirms with a nod, and she couldn't help but let out a purr in response. Seeing a sparkle of determination form in his eyes...it reminded her of his father. Flycatcher may be with Howlingstar, but she can still see him now in their son. Falconheart had been hard on himself in the past, but she had never doubted him. She leaned in and pressed the side of her head against his shoulder fur for a moment, wishing this could be just an ordinary moment. No secret messages being passed between them...Howlingstar resting peacefully in her den...no guards watching their conversation. She let her eyes close for a moment, praying to wake up from the nightmare that had plagued their camp, but to her disappearance, when she reopened her eyes nothing had changed.

"Alright...what do you need me to do?" she asked quietly, pulling her head away from his shoulder, only to bring her paw up to her maw. Her tongue rasped slowly over it, her gaze fixated on a clump of grass in front of them. She was limited on what she could do, but she would do anything for her kits...he knew that best of them all. The blood of the rogue still haunted her tongue some nights, but she did not regret what she had done.
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 35 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

𓍊𓋼 There’s a moment of peace, after he agrees to the plan. He’s able to pretend for just a few heartbeats that this is a regular day. His mother’s head pushes against his shoulder, and he basks in their closeness—every moment spent with his kin is celebrated, because it could easily be his last. He can feel the deputy’s purr rumbling through her chest and against his own body, and it lifts his spirit somewhat. She has a plan, and whatever it is, it’s going to work. It has to. Flamewhisker is the true leader of ThunderClan, and Skyclaw doesn’t stand a chance once she gives the order to fight.

She asks what he needs her to do, and his muzzle drops into a stern line. His expression grows stark, because he knows she would do anything and more got him—but what he’s asking can’t be promised. He knows that. Neither of them have any control over it. But he says it anyway, and his plea gets caught in his throat as he speaks. "Don’t get caught. Don’t let them… kill you. The clan needs you. We," he casts a glance toward the apprentices’ den, and although he doesn’t spot any of his younger siblings he hopes his mother can understand what he means. "We need you."

• ooc:
  • 82611636_I7otEt4vDdutjcB.png
  • FALCONHEART ❯❯ he/him, thunderclan warrior
    shorter than average cream tabby with white spotting. seems gloomy and has few friends, but is a hard worker and never neglects his duties.
    son of flamewhisker and flycatcher ; brother to stormfeather, scorchedpaw, bugpaw, sunpaw, squirrelpaw, sparrowpaw
    mentoring bugpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore