private you'll never turn your dreams to gold | sootstar

juncoclaw

I'M SO OBSESSED WITH YOUR EX
Nov 20, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻☽༺ ˎˊ- Why did Sootstar assign Juncopaw to patrol with the most insufferable cats in the Clan?

The apprentice was undeniably pouting as she walked into camp alone - the rest of her patrol had already returned. Juncopaw was instructed to hunt on the way back, reasonably so given that she had to be taught against her laziness: begrudgingly, and already feeling dejected after her half-assed fumble of a self-defense comeback, she did as she was told. The rabbit she was dragging was quite large - at first glance, she even thought it was a hare. Quite possibly one of the largest catches she's got, but she didn't think so - in fact, she took no pride in this catch at all, for her mind was elsewhere, memories of the ridiculing she faced during the patrol swarming her mind like angry hornets. I'm not a baby. I can behave..

Her tail dragged along the ground as she approached the fresh-kill pile and dropped her catch amongst the others. If it were up to Juncopaw, with the way her stomach growled, she would have eaten this on the way: but the others were expecting her to come home with something noteworthy. Just as she was about to desert the idea of eating and retreat to her nest to sulk over the awful patrol she had to take part of, she became keenly aware of another cat approaching, and eyes bearing into the back of her head. Bristling for a moment, she swung her head around, prepared to give Hollowcreek a piece of her mind for insinuating she didn't know how to behave: only to be faced with Sootstar, gracing her with her presence. Juncopaw immediately bit her tongue, eyes growing round as she fought to let her fur relax. "Sootstar," she mumbled in greeting, lowering her head as she spoke, though the frustrated glint in her eyes lingered.

• taking place after her border patrol! made some stuff up to fit the narrative, thought this would make for a good intro and maybe give them more to talk about than just her catch
  • juncopaw.png
  • JUNCOPAW she/her, moor-runner apprentice of windclan, seven moons.
    an antagonistic silver tabby she-cat with green eyes.
    mate to no one. daughter to former gin rogues. apprentice of mocking-grin.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Sootstar gazes upon the apprentice with still eyes, her lips taunt and expression difficult to read. She carefully eyes the fur that stripe's along the apprentice's spine as she forces it flat, the fire of frustration that bounces in Juncopaw's eyes. It is from there she looks to the fresh-kill pile, an admirable rabbit sprawled out with it's jaw agape.

"An impressive kill, especially with leaf-bare upon us." She compliments the rodent's silver killer. "But you don't look all that pleased. What has gotten your fur ruffled?" If Juncopaw had been expecting anything more out of a kill she was in for a rude awakening, prey would only get scrawnier and scrawnier, this would be among the last of the plump rabbits WindClan sees until the snow melts.
  • » SootSootstar
    » WindClan Leader
    » She/her ․ Mate to Weaselclaw
    » Tiny blue smoke she-cat with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A high-stamina foe who can be difficult to hit.
    » Excels in quick, short moves.
    » Fights to kill and maim
    » Fatal attack of choice is an underbelly dive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

-ˋˏ ༻☽༺ ˎˊ- An impressive kill. Juncopaw's ears swivel for just a moment as she calculates how to respond to such a compliment. From Sootstar herself, it meant more than any cat could know. It was all she ever strived for - to an extent most would call obsessive and pathetic. But working for Sootstar, after her generosity in giving Gin's rogues refuge (including her parents, and by extension herself) was the very basis on which she was born. Repaying a debt in loyalty, that she was not yet even born to witness, and that could very well have been manipulated and fabricated by her parents. She'd never know.

Juncopaw lifts her head up and rolls her shoulders, taking on a taller stance when the moorland leader speaks to her. But, as Sootstar so observantly pointed out, there was still a look of annoyance about the silver tabby. She hesitated in replying at first - she could very easily manipulate the situation, twist it, get her superiors in trouble.. for rejecting the patrol order that Sootstar picked herself, kicking Juncopaw out, sending her home. But as easily as she could lie to others, she could not bring herself to lie to Sootstar. The green eyes of her respectful, yet intimidating, leader bore into her, awaiting a response.

Finally, with a hefty sigh, Juncopaw speaks. "I don't think they wanted me on their patrol. I don't think they agreed with your assignment," she admits. While not entirely lying, she inflates the situation - declaring that they didn't agree with the choice of patrols, when in reality they may simply have not wanted to babysit. It's purposeful, as she hopes she'll get some backup - not just pity. "- Hollowcreek, Gooseberry, and Prariecry," she clarifies. "They called me a baby.. a fool. Said I didn't know how to behave." The last part comes out a mere mutter, laced with a bitterness she is all too familiar with. Her problems are trivial in the grand scheme of things, but any personal hit was taken at large by Juncopaw, displayed by a lash of her tail and averted gaze as she spoke. For all her disobedience and laziness, there was a big part of her that wanted to please her colleagues, and it took every little criticism to heart. Maybe this piece of prey would prove them wrong.

• JUNCOPAW[/color] she/her, moor-runner apprentice of windclan, seven moons.
    an antagonistic blue-silver tabby chimera she-cat with green eyes.
    mate to no one. daughter to former gin rogues. apprentice of mocking-grin.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.