twolegplace YOUR SENSE OF DIRECTION ♡ INTRO

R

ROXIE

♡ I AM READY TO RUN ♡
A trill of delight slipped from Roxie as she stepped out into the sunlight. While she liked her twolegs' new den well enough, she was glad not to be cooped up in there anymore. It had taken altogether too much begging and pleading to get them to finally let her out. Honestly, she was a little hurt that they had thought she would be content trapped inside all day.

Taking her first few steps into the grass, she surveyed her new home. It certainly smelled better than the last one. Everything was so much smaller here though, she worried she wouldn't be able to find anyone to talk to.

With a leap, she landed atop the fence that outlined the back yard. For a moment she wobbled, before steadying herself with a relieved sigh. Then she glanced out into the world beyond it, eagerly seeking a friendly face.

( PRETEND THAT YOU NEVER WENT TO SCHOOL )
Talon was relieved to have made it back to twolegplace. His plan to take his chances with SkyClan, as per RiverClan's suggestion, never came to be. Instead he had skirted the edge of the borders until he could make his way back to the concrete maze that felt oh so familiar beneath his toughened paws. Though he wouldn't lie, he missed the feel of the forest against his paw pads. Maybe it hadn't been all that bad... excluding the wretched clans that infested the wilds like parasites.

The spidery black tom was making his way along the fences when he was roused from his inner musings by movement ahead. He stood rigid and as still as he could as he watched the she-cat a short distance ahead finding their balance on the top of the fence. Everything about the femme suggested that she was a kittypet, as the clanners would call 'em. "Use yer tail, it'll help with the balancing." He murmured with a slight shrug. "I'd also suggest keeping to your garden. It's safer there."
( BUT STILL, YOU'LL NEVER GET IT RIGHT )

♡ I AM READY TO RUN ♡
Roxie's expression lit up as a voice reached her, and her gaze twinkled with delight as it settled on the dark tom below her. Following his advice, she used her tail to steady her balance, and slowly settled onto the fence top.

"Ahm afraid can't do that." The older molly lamented with false reluctance as she gazed down at him with a smile. "Ah may be safer, but there's not a soul to talk to in here. Mah mate's sound asleep - bless his soul - and mah twolegs are not much for conversation. Despite mah best attempts to educate them."

From her vantage point, she examined the stranger before her. He certainly was no housecat. No twoleg she had even known would allow him to look so rough. No, this was a wild cat for certain. The thought only redoubled her delight. If nothing else, he would make for interesting conversation. "Ah don't suppose you can spare a moment to chat? Mah name is Roxie, what's yours sugar-plum?"

d9mprxk-e24a2c71-7a3c-4917-a067-57eb1e3a9536.gif
❝ we're children playing at a game, screaming that the rules aren't fair. ❞
d9mprwz-73ad9236-00cf-4421-9931-535c6d5f7c54.gif

@FERRET @"cat"

His paws carry him through the slush-like texture of mud, fur smelling heavily of sewer water and trash. Despite his smell, his fur is well-groomed despite its greasiness casting a shine on cream. The sewer cats are on their way through the streets when they catch sight of a molly talking to an unfamiliar tom. Vermilion swallows his own nervousness, burying it under his usual scowl. He walks over then, tail whipping behind him.

"Excuse me, I hope I'm not interrupting." He speaks up, tail flicking in greeting to the two felines. He was thankful they weren't SkyClan, or another clan's cats. These were just plain old.. twolegplace-dwelling cats. A quick glance around gives him much needed information, scents washing in and flooding his nostrils. Twolegs reeked from this molly; she must be a kittypet.. Hm. "I'm Vermilionsun, you can call me Ver. You don't mind if we join you for a chat, do you?" He asks gruffly, single working eye shifting to look at the two cats behind him.

♡ I AM READY TO RUN ♡
Roxie's eyes found the source of the new voice with interest. What strange faces roamed her new home! Though not the best smelling, unfortunately for her poor nose. She couldn't help but make a face at the stench. Hopefully they would be kinder to her ears. Then perhaps she would forgive them.

"Ah don't mind at all! Pleasure to make your acquaintance." The molly greeted pleasantly. She regarded him with curiosity. "Where do you come from, if you don't mind mah askin'?"

kittypet ✩ 71 moons ✩ tags

( PRETEND THAT YOU NEVER WENT TO SCHOOL )
Boredom could be such a killer. Normally he would just shake his head and be on his way, but on this occasion he found himself sitting down after making himself comfortable up on the fence. He'd humour the older she-cat for the time being. "Ya know, I think I can spare the time." He concluded before he looked over at the other cat who had arrived. Now it was becoming a crowd. His tail gave a slight twitch to signal his growing unease, though he held his position. "Sure, whatever." He murmured with a shrug of his shoulders. "The name's Talon. I just got back here to twolegplace after trying out the forest."
( BUT STILL, YOU'LL NEVER GET IT RIGHT )