sensitive topics you're down here with us [private] and we go for blood

I'M THE MONSTER YOU INVENTED
HOW COULD YOU EVER FORGET ME NOW ?

siltcloud 21 moons female she/her dark forest rogue

dbp6sl7-caa8d532-cbdd-486d-80ea-29ec34139e78.png
The first time is an accident - the result of mournful wishes, a longing for what once was and what could've been. The reality of her heritage swimming in minds eye, the name Flint on the tip of her tongue but never spoken aloud. When eyes flick open, she is still in this hellscape - the stench of rot and murk far worse than any shadowclan land or corner of carrionplace had ever been, in truth. But she is not alone.

She thinks to attack them - to fight, as she always does. To see them choke and writhe on their own blood beneath her paws, or else chase them off whining in fear. But this - this/i] is a familiar face, and that alone gives her pause. She hauls herself to her paws, green eyes glowing eerily as they widen, the rest of her monotone expression as dull as ever despite her shock. This... this cannot be. " F-flintwish, " comes croaking voice, as for the first time in moons the specter at last speaks. Breaks her self imposed silence, her solitude Because this cat is one she has seen - in dreams and in puddles and in all manner of [watching, because truthfully there is little else to do in the place but watch. But wait.

He is not the one she wants to see - not truly, but he will do anyways. " You've grown, " comes quiet drawl as she rights herself fully, eyes flashing. She pays no mind to bloodied wounds upon her neck - she bears them proudly after all. Caterpillarfuzz has grown up now, into a fine warrior, without her - and mournful cries of mom never once leave her mind. She has marked the child as hers in the only way that counts. She is proud to be her child's first kill.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

M A Y H E M F O L L O W S M E A R O U N D

@FLINTWISH

It had been his first night of sleep since receiving his warrior name. Flintwish had curled up in his new nest, somewhere close-but-not-too-close to Ashenfall and Briarthorn and Swansong and Poppyglow, and when mismatched eyes had closed, he'd drifted away, same as always.

When he opens his eyes again, though, it is an affront. The stench of rot coats his maw, thick and wooly, inescapable; the landscape is dark and red as the womb. It is his first night of sleep since receiving his warrior name, and... what is this? It's nothing like the star-studded dreaming he'd done in his sick bed; nothing like the innocuous, teeth-falling-out nightmares he'd had in apprenticeship. This is different, and it's awful, and yet something so familiar stares out at him and gives him pause.

Flintwish's maw gapes as she peers into Siltcloud's pale green eyes. It's hard to tell what emotion lies beneath her shock. Is she relieved to see her aunt once again? Disgusted by her? She bears open, bloody wounds; smells like a corpse. It's awful. "Siltcloud," Flintwish mews, stepping tentatively forward towards the molly. He's missed her. He really has — a last tether to Granitepelt, an aunt who had loved him and cared for him, a mother to Lilacfur's new brood that he could not easily relate to. Seeing her, even despite the obvious cracks in this picture, makes him... happy. He wants her to come back to ShadowClan with him, to apologize for what she'd done wrong and then live on to make up for it.

But Caterpillarfuzz had killed her. She's dead now. Black blood drips carelessly from the gashes in her neck, and the stink of decay is impossible to ignore. Yet she speaks to him; beckons him, and not in the same ways that StarClan had. Flintwish inclines forward, mismatched eyes swimming with confusion and shock, black lips pulled into a taut frown. Tentatively, he presses his nose to her shoulder, but pulls away after a beat. "I missed you. I... where are we?" This is not like anything he'd ever known — except, maybe, for ShadowClan's detrital marsh.

4d5460.png
  • 75031035_BeF7hdAHa966CWF.png

flintkit . flintpaw . flintwish
    — he / they / she ; warrior of shadowclan
    — short-haired solid blue tom with low white and blue/green heterochromatic eyes
    — "speech" ; thoughts
    — chibi by sixbane, signature by dreamydoggo
    — penned by meghan

I'M THE MONSTER YOU INVENTED
HOW COULD YOU EVER FORGET ME NOW ?

siltcloud 21 moons female she/her dark forest rogue

dbp6sl7-caa8d532-cbdd-486d-80ea-29ec34139e78.png
Flintwish greets her happily - if hesitantly - and it soothes something in Siltclouds heart that she hadn't quite realized had been hurting. Because she is - in this rotting place, she has been alone, and while it had been partly by choice it'd partly been out her paws as well - everyone she'd cared to see left behind in a place so far out of reach. But not anymore.

Or perhaps it'd ever been. Perhaps she could've done this from the every beginning - and she'd never known. Nose touches her ear, and she's dragged once more from her spiraling thoughts. Like pulling ones paws from stubborn mud, thinking is a tiresome thing, slow and heavy at snails pace crawl. " This... this place? I do not know - starclan, perhaps, or some version of it, " it functions similarly enough for her to accept it as such, anyways. This place of no stars in nameless in her mind, and so she does not bother to ponder further. " There are... others, here. We're all dead, " its an absent thought, and she can only blink again, because Flintwish is decidedly not.

She is not dead, and yet... and yet, Siltcloud has dragged her here anyways. A spark of light enters dully eyes, and for a moment they all but glow in the darkness. " I did not mean to bring you here - but I am glad you came, " she does not think they can stay long - already, she grows tired. But it is nice, not to be alone. She misses the living and the dead alike. Misses Loampelt, misses Poppypaw. Misses Lilacfur, misses her kits. Her family, tattered as it is.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

M A Y H E M F O L L O W S M E A R O U N D