you're still self obsessed // intro. [loner in carrionplace]

► Flamingmoth.

I have a million signs that my fortune just begun
Aug 14, 2023
❀​‧₊˚ I LIKE THE WAY YOU DANCE ˚₊‧❀​

ragweed & 40 moons & male & he/him & carrionplace loner

Honestly, things within the carrionplace have turned sketchy - and ragweed is a bit freaked out about it. Only a bit though, really, it's not like he's scared - no just... concerned. A normal healthy amount. Noises rattle his brain, and he finds himself having to fight rats off from his pile more often - a place where once upon a time, they'd avoid, if not for him than for the pile of their brethren's skeletons lying at the bottom. No, these days he has to move with a certain amount of caution - and he hates it.

Once-white paws tread carefully over scraps of who knows what, all sorts of twoleg rubbish really, from scraps of strange pelts to shiny objects to (most importantly) food. One such morsel is snatched up without a thought and hardly a sniff, because really, everything here smells the same. It's probably fine though - the bugs hadn't yet gotten to it, he thinks. A scrap, a scuffle, and keen ears flick - something's moving just ahead, he thinks, though it's hard to tell what.

Perhaps it's more rats, he thinks forlornly - or maybe, just maybe, it's his... friend? He knows the clan cats come here sometimes too, though he does his best to stay out of their path, out of their way. A quick peek couldn't hurt... right? He hauls himself through a cardboard box, damp and leaning but somehow still mostly whole, and a red-furred face peers out to other end - and right into that of another. "Well hello there,"

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • a sleek and muscular red tabby tom with copper toned eyes, white socks, and a white tail. he reeks of the carrionplace from living there so long, but otherwise is quite nice to look at. he doesn't seem to be the brightest of the bunch, and thinks way to highly of himself.

physically medium && mentally medium
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not allowed
    please attack using [b][color=coral]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

He didn't initially have any real desire to come here after Chilledstar's warning of the rats scurrying about aggressively, but a curiousity had crawled its way into his mind and latched on with sharp claws, refusing to be shaken loose. So he really had no choice but to appease it and off he sauntered to the carrionplace on one of his hunting excursions to sniff about and see what he could find. The place was often littered in strange two-leg things, bits and baubels that wouldn't look out of place in a crow's nest and sometimes the rare scrap of tasty food you couldn't just hunt down in the marshes; real prime stuff. Skunktail had every intention of just poking his head in and leaving but it was kind of hard to not spot the shaking cardboard box that draws him ever closer with wonder for what could be inside; only to be met nose to nose with another cat.
It was lucky for this tabby that Skunktail was not the sort to lash out first and ask questions after, choosing instead to give a quick hop backwards to better position himself in case there was the risk of a fight about to go down, but the other tom didn't seem too inclined to swing claws so he ventured a cautiously, "Heya!", back in return. "Are you the one chasing rats out of this place?"
Naw, there was no way just one cat would send so many scurrying.

━━ι═══════ The Carrionplace is a source of great intrigue for Clearheart. The last time he patrolled here, Smogmaw discovered a batch of delicious treats, crispy and golden, which they had all peered over with wonderment. There is much to be found around every bend, and yet some things still manage to surprise him despite expecting the unexpected— in this case, the ginger feline erupting from an enclosure. He is not far behind Skunktail, and it is fortunate indeed that his fellow warrior possesses a calm disposition.

"I do not think he could be," he says, in unknowing agreement with Skunktail's thoughts. "Good day to you. Are we intruding on your home? I have not seen you here before."

• CLEARHEART / / 40 moons old / / amab and uses masculine pronouns but will also accept the use of neutral terms.
    — a warrior of shadowclan / / currently mentoring dragonflypaw / / excels greatly in combat above most all other skills.
    — former loner who wandered great distances & rarely remained in one place for long / / arrived after the great battle.
    — devoted to starclan above all else (aside from his idea of the common good) / / not prone to enter battle mindlessly.

— of a height slightly above average / / trim and athletic with a sense of immovability about his posture/stance & size.
    — chocolate sepia w/ low white / / fur is quite short for the most part / / tail is naturally bobbed // full-body reference.
    — fairly warm demeanor much of the time; there is a "softness" about his features so that neutrality doesn't seem surly.

— lawful good, in the sense that he likes to maintain order and work toward bettering lives around him without cruelty.
    — often misunderstands figures of speech and may interpret them literally. as such, can seem to lack a sense of humor.
    — deeply genuine; dislikes lying immensely, and so (most of the time) he is wholly earnest, especially with compliments.
  •  
  •  

The question is a surprising one, and the tom quickly moves to stand - only to smack his head upon the cardboard box that he definitely hadn't forgot he was hunched within. Backing his way out of it with a flustered sort of air, he preens anyways, prattling on as though he hasn't just made a complete fool of himself. "Well, I'd like to say it was me, but sadly not - I keep the population under control you know, but they're not that scared of me," and it's a shame really - he'd like to think he's scary, but the nasty little blighters never seem to bothered - nipping away at his paws when he steps on them in the heaps, only running when it's clear he's after one of them. Another tom arrives, one he hadn't noticed before, and copper toned eyes widen - "What? Oh no, I'm always here - just usually way over there on the other side. Except it's awfully noisy lately, and something's been upsetting the rats - suppose you know that though," he says cheerfully, flashing his best grin as he looks the two over. Were the situation just a bit different, he'd perhaps stop to flirt - they're both certainly pleasant enough on the eyes, but he's a bit more concerned that more of them will be popping up out of nowhere.

• a sleek and muscular red tabby tom with copper toned eyes, white socks, and a white tail. he reeks of the carrionplace from living there so long, but otherwise is quite nice to look at. he doesn't seem to be the brightest of the bunch, and thinks way to highly of himself.

non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not allowed

━━ι═══════ He wonders how they have never encountered this loner before, even despite his residency at the far side, but it is of no consequence now. "We do," he confirms with a brief glance at Skunktail, though his gaze is, for the most part, unwavering in its focus on the ginger stranger. After a moment's silence, which may or may not be awkward for the other pair, Clearheart inclines his head politely. "My name is Clearheart, and this one is called Skunktail. Ordinarily, I would ask yours before offering mine, but this is your home more than it is ours." ShadowClan may lay claim to it, but they can hardly admit that it is a place held in especially high regard, even with its many curiosities. They would not sleep here unless pressed to do so.

"Even so," he continues, "it would be remiss of us not to inform our deputy and leader of your presence here."

• CLEARHEART / / 40 moons old / / amab and uses masculine pronouns but will also accept the use of neutral terms.
    — a warrior of shadowclan / / currently mentoring dragonflypaw / / excels greatly in combat above most all other skills.
    — former loner who wandered great distances & rarely remained in one place for long / / arrived after the great battle.
    — devoted to starclan above all else (aside from his idea of the common good) / / not prone to enter battle mindlessly.

— of a height slightly above average / / trim and athletic with a sense of immovability about his posture/stance & size.
    — chocolate sepia w/ low white / / fur is quite short for the most part / / tail is naturally bobbed // full-body reference.
    — fairly warm demeanor much of the time; there is a "softness" about his features so that neutrality doesn't seem surly.

— lawful good, in the sense that he likes to maintain order and work toward bettering lives around him without cruelty.
    — often misunderstands figures of speech and may interpret them literally. as such, can seem to lack a sense of humor.
    — deeply genuine; dislikes lying immensely, and so (most of the time) he is wholly earnest, especially with compliments.
  •  
  •  

The one called clearheart takes the time to introduce the two of them, and the tom nods - committing the new names and faces to memory best he can. "Name's ragweed - like the plant," he says, just in case they don't know of it. His namesake is very important after all. "Sure, sure - say, you wouldn't happen to know how Frostbite is doing? Met him once a while back, seemed like a nice guy," an understatement of course, given the red-furred felines tendency to flirt with damn near everything, and, of course, the night that had ensued afterwards. "-but I haven't seen him around since the rats got all rowdy. He seemed a bit upset last time," he adds, a brief flicker of concern in his eyes. To have vented to a complete stranger, no matter how charismatic and handsome he was... well, ragweed is fairly certain the white furred feline must have been carrying a heavy burden.

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

the sound of an unfamiliar voice makes them groan with agitation. they weren't in the mood to deal with some random cat within their territory. they cared not if he mainly treaded within the carrionplace, it still belonged to chilledstar. a bitter laugh leaves them as a cold smile graces their features.

"ah, so he knew you were here and said nothing! how wonderful."

they laughed, before they just rolled their eyes.

"shame the rats haven't made you into rat food... must be skilled enough to keep them at bay. is there any reason you're here or are we gonna have to chase you away? i don't like cats i don't know in my territory. even if you are bunking with those rodents."