π…πŽπ‘ π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ 𝐖𝐄 π„π—πˆπ’π“ β•± 𝐉𝐀𝐍. 𝐏𝐑𝐄-π†π€π“π‡π„π‘πˆππ† 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑

She does not mind when Flamewhisker sits beside her, an ear flicking as she listened to her words. Even without WindClan, gatherings were busy events with many cats from all the clans, it would be rude of them to get in the way of cats trying to settle in the clearing themselves.

Howlfire bows her head appreciatively when Flamewhisker expresses her sorrows. A mother herself, Howlfire knew the ThunderClan warrior would surely understand her pain. When she speaks of the rogues, stating that she hoped that the rogues paid for what they did, Howlfire's mouth sets into a grim line. "I killed one of them," Howlfire responds, voice cold at the memory "The other rogues ran away afterwards. Our clan keeps a close watch to see if they dare to return." And if they did, Howlfire would gladly kill again. She remembered the faces of those who had maimed her children.

When Flamewhsiker mews that she hopes they pull through soon, Howlfire nodded in agreement. "As do I," She mews quietly. "They are strong young cats and I have every faith they will pull through." The chocolate torbie shifts before looking at Flamewhisker. "What of your kits? I recall hearing they became warriors not too long ago."

Perchberry was here but he wished he wasn't. Too many - too many cats circled around cats he didn't even know anything about. It was terrifying to be around so many unfamilliar faced without knowing their true intentions or what would happend. Despite the peaceful pact of agreement during the gatherings between the clans how were to say not one of them would break it?. Only one needed to make that decision and...the great battle two would start. Perchberry did not liking thinking about it but it was impossible for him to not think about the worst possible that could happen because it could so it was a valid fear to have. At least he thought so.

With an anxious frown Perchberry barely looked at anyone of them as he tried his best to sneak himself around the crowd no way going into the middle of it all as he tried to find a more lonesome spot for him to hide in. A burrow would have been nice, preferred even. But of course he couldn't embarass his clan like that or Smokestar or even Lichentail would cut his throat open. Scary.

Swollowing nervousely the black and white tom sat down as he stared down at his paws with the most intensed look ever. He couldn't wait for this gathering to be over with so he could hurry back home to a place at least he felt familliar with even if recent events there didn't necessery make him feel safe.

As soon as Mosspool comes into view, Drizzlepelt snaps out of his fervor and becomes content once more. He is also a being who craves structure, and seeing her just about every fathering really is one routine he holds dearly. Even if she’s from a different clan, she is one of the only friends he has that he feels so close to.

He dips his own head in formal greeting, a calm smile rising. β€œMosspool. Glad to see you as always!” It’s not hard to gather enthusiasm, even with all that’s stressing him out. β€œIt’s been… rocky. My old mentor, Duskpool, got injured… again.” Drizzlepelt lets out a frustrated sigh that’s not often shown by him. β€œYou’d think I’m the one that mentors him, with how much I have to tell him to be careful! But hopefully he stops being such a mousebrain.”

His face turns to a more worried expression after the disappointment fades. β€œAlso, we’ve been dealing with rogues again. Same ones as before. I’m sure Blazestar will say something, but keep a look out, yeah? I’m sure the last thing any of you guys need right now is more trouble…” His look is one of genuine concern. Hopefully, the problems start and stop with SkyClan.​

𓆝 . Β° ✦ Like Drizzlepelt, Mosspool craved structure. Her shoulders relaxed a touch the moment he began speaking. It was nice to hear a familiar voice in the chorus of strangers around her. How strange, she thought in idle amusement, that one of her closest friends was from another clan. "I am glad to see you as well."

A genuine frown of concern came naturally as Drizzlepelt told her about his mentor. Her own mentor came to mind. Aspenhaze had gotten sick with yellowcough only moons ago, and it had been that which drove her on the journey. Though, his mentor sounded far less... competent than her own."My condolences. Give him my best wishes." She said simply, dipping her head, but the look in her her eyes conveyed the depth of her empathy.

The rogues too, illicited concern from her. Her tail lashed behind her for a moment. She had not gotten a chance to face the foxhearts who had taken her leader's life, and the thought that some were still hanging around the territories angered her. Part of her wanted to offer her clan's aid, or at least her own. Mosspool wanted revenge for Cicadastar.

However, that was not her place. "I will keep a look out. Thank you for the warning."
βœ§γ€€Β°γ€€.γ€€βœΆγ€€.γ€€Β°γ€€βœ§
  • ooc: β€”
  • challenge-3-moss-png.1191
    MOSSPOOL β€” SHE/HERο½₯ 12 MOONS ο½₯ WARRIOR & RIVERCLAN ο½₯ PENNED BY @empyrean !
    Longhair black tabby with deep green eyes. Mosspaw is a very tall molly, standing a head above most cats her age. She has a slim, willowy physique with subtle musculature built up from a lifetime of constant training that lends itself well to swimming and running. Long, thick brown fur falls over her form with tabby patterning across it. Her eyes are a vibrant green, and shine with a bright intelligence and confidence.

Many bodies filed in in their groups, yet the small tom felt overwhelmed. He was supposed to be a warrior, yet deep anxiety fell over him. A warrior? He could already hear them laughing.

He had earned it... or at least reached the age, his size should not be much of a problem.. right? Surely, he was yet to be the only one. He had came once before, a long time ago, but back then he wasn't as scared.

He had pledged away his old life, even if it only consisted of a few short lived months in cages, and a temporary home- gaining a name from Pocket, to Shrewflight. He had to have earned it in Blazestars eyes. In his mentors eyes.

The tiny lad ducked his head, pushing forward to go find somewhere to sit. Maybe, he could find someone to talk to- ease his anxiety.

Scents raveled around him, Thunderclan now, and he blinked before carefully padding over. He'd already seen cross clan interactions- surely it wasn't a big deal to be a bit curious!

"Hey-" His voice, too quiet, broke from his maw with a hard swallow as he approached a small group of warriors collaborating with words of greetings. Intermingling smells fell into one, though he was sure he could spot a Thunderclanner, and one of his fellow skyclanners.

"Hello, How.. are you guys doing?" He finally spit out, his skull moving down to lick nervously at his chest before back up at the rest of them. "I'm Shrewflight!" He greeted to the Thunderclanner.

@COYOTEBITE @CAL

WindClan is faceless, once again. Not even with their deputy to hide behind β€” a deputy that... may not be deputy for much longer, if anything went awry. Sharpshadow tries not to think about her. Their only business with WindClan had been retrieved, thanks to them. That same business was now glued to her side by obligation, a burr that she literally could not shake off, and didn't even have the slightest clue how to prepare it for... non-burr-ness? It's a shitty metaphor. Halfpaw was here, and she sort of wishes that she wasn't.

They'd been here together once before, and that time, Sharpshadow had basically told her to buzz off almost immediately. Though Halfpaw was annoying, she wasn't an idiot. Well, as much of not an idiot as she could be at her age. Naturally, he expects her to remember this. Besides, she'd made it clear as day that she didn't want to be with him either, she'd surely jump at the chance to talk to literally anyone else. ( He didn't care. Not at all. She would be picking ticks for the next two seasons, what does it matter what she thought of him for it? )

Sharpshadow streams into the clearing, and he catches one familiar face. Moss... pool. One of RiverClan's many insufferable young warriors. She looks the same as she had before – proper. Annoyingly so. She probably thought herself a great, model warrior, the words of the SkyClanner she chatted with floating through one ear and out the other. Sharpshadow would not admit, how often he's annoyed by her simply existing as she did. Once her chatter with the grey tom ends, Sharpshadow slithers toward her.

...And he has no intent. None at all really. She just frustrated enough to make him reach for something, anything. " Mosspool, " he greets. She always made him want to put on a face that wasn't his... Or maybe she was the only one who made him put on his real face. But – that... wouldn't really make sense, would it? He smiles, though its not an easy one, because he didn't really know how to manage such a thing. " Still... doing well, I see...! "

And inevitably, when Mosspool would say, I hope the same for you, or something equally fake, because she was an amazing kind polite warrior and that's what amazing kind polite warriors did, Sharpshadow would nod slowly in reply. " I have an apprentice now. " Not that she was living the dream or anything because of it, but Mosspool would probably think she was. That's all that mattered.
EpC61GT.png

• ooc: super late but talking to @Mosspool ; @Halfpaw is here too hehe :3
  • 77138241_LGsAhejnM5wt5R0.png
    SHARPSHADOW: he / she , no pref , dislikes gender neutral language ; fine with gendered terms ; 19 moons old as of 2.2.24
    dark smoke feline that stands at an above average height. Easily identifiable by her namesake – an unruly mat of fur, destined to be cluttered by inconsistencies between chimera halves. Burdened with a broken tail, often lying dead behind her in the dirt.
    Anxious, antisocial, paranoid. Sharpshadow has not known peace for a single time in his life, and lives anticipating inevitable dangers to the detriment of herself and others.
    heavy ic opinions! he's irrational and mean </3

𓆝 . Β° ✦ A new voice drew her attention, and Mosspool glanced over to see Sharpshadow approaching alongside an unfamiliar Shadowclan apprentice.

"Sharpshadow." She dipped her head in greeting, but could not quite manage to keep her shoulders from tensing up again. Once more she felt the weight of presenting a proper face to the other clans. Drizzlepelt was a friend, but Sharpshadow was decidedly not. Though he was not her enemy either, she could not forget that on the journey he had saved her life. Sharpshadow's greatest crime was that she had a gift for uncomfortable conversation. At worst he was an annoyance, but one that she made herself willing to bear due to their history. "I am. I hope the same is true for you." Mosspool said, not realizing that she was as predictable as ever.

Mosspool's ear flicked just slightly as Sharpshadow announced she had become a mentor. "Congratulations." Her tone was calm and cool. They did not burn with the jealousy she felt, because she would not let them. It was an unreasonable feeling, she reminded herself. She would have an apprentice of her own once Smokestar deemed it time. All she needed to do was have faith in his wisdom. "How is her training going?" She asked politely with a pointed glance to the apprentice in question, meaning to turn her thoughts away from envy and toward polite conversation.
  • ooc: β€” talking to @SHARPSHADOW and @Halfpaw
    MOSSPOOL β€” SHE/HERο½₯ 12 MOONS ο½₯ WARRIOR & RIVERCLAN ο½₯ PENNED BY @empyrean !
    Longhair black tabby with deep green eyes. Mosspaw is a very tall molly, standing a head above most cats her age. She has a slim, willowy physique with subtle musculature built up from a lifetime of constant training that lends itself well to swimming and running. Long, thick brown fur falls over her form with tabby patterning across it. Her eyes are a vibrant green, and shine with a bright intelligence and confidence.

It is a small miracle that Sharpshadow remembered her existence as his apprentice long enough to take her to the gathering. How anything ever stays in that head of his, she is entirely uncertain but nontheless she is grateful that at least she had been permitted to tag along. When they filter into the gathering clearing, she pauses for a moment, her eyes wide. She had seen this many cats all together only one other time in her life and that was when all of them had come to ShadowClan for sanctuary and safe-haven (which was funny because in her mind ShadowClan and those two things didn't go together at all) So seeing all the clans like this again wasn't as much of a shock to her as it may be to another, less experienced, apprentice. With her tail held high, she follows her mentor into the clearing. Sharpshadow probably didn't want her tagging along, per say but did she care? No. She was curious as to who her mentors friends were, who she sought out in the crowd.

Turns out, Sharpshadow was friends with a RiverClanner. Who coulda guessed? Halfpaw personally doesn't think she could ever get over the fish smell and she's certain if this cat likes her mentor then maybe she wasn't completely right in the head either but hey! That was okay! They make idle conversation while Halfpaw stands off to one side, her bi-colored eyes scanning the crowd to see if she could find a face that was familiar to her so that she could escape the piteous energy radiating off the cat next to her.

And then she hears it. "I have an apprentice now" and oh stars she can't help it, a laugh escapes her. HA! Now Sharpshadow all of a sudden was acting like she actually enjoyed having an apprentice, now that there was someone to impress. Mosspool talks about her like she isn't there but that's okay, Halfpaw still fully believes she is pretty simple minded so when the RiverClan molly asks her mentor how her training is going she butts in.

"Hi! Hey! My names Halfpaw and in regards to my training..." and here she looks at her mentor and smiles a very knowing smile "It would be going great if ol' Sharpshadow here actually bothered to teach me anything every once in a while. But..." and here, she would throw her mentor a bone. See how nice she was! "I am getting REALLY good at picking ticks off of the elders"
EpC61GT.png

• @Mosspool @SHARPSHADOW
  • 74005637_Mkbfa9PMK58YlSi.png
    HALFPAW SHADOWCLAN APPRENTICE ; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO APPLEPAW, ASHENPAW, SWANPAW, GARLICPAW, THORNPAW AND LAURELPAW
    A fluffy she cat who's fur is half cream tabby, half blue tabby split by white. Her eyes are two mismatched shades of blue, with one being a light icy blue and the other being darker in color.
    ✦ Easy in battle + still learning how to fight

Congratulations. Irritatingly plain. The sort of model response a warrior such as herself was meant to give. Sharpshadow stares, silver eyes flick across her form, watching for the twitch of an eye, the flick of an ear, the lash of a tail, anything. Sharpshadow wonders, for the umpteenth time, what it would take to see that perfect façade of hers crumble. She would not let the death of her leader phase her, no, nothing like that. Sharpshadow stares in silence. He wonders if he would have to drag them both underground again, to see her do anything but stick her nose into the air. He'd gladly drag them both under if it meant Mosspool would be miserable with him.

Sharpshadow is silent for too long for it to be normal, he thinks, but he cares less and less about how Mosspool perceives him, the more times they meet.

( ...What a complete lie. )

How is her training going? Her? He hadn't β€” hadn't mentioned that. She glances to the side of him too, as if... Halfpaw were behind him still. His jaws part soundlessly, preparing some lie about... Who? Oh, she's... they're... not here today. Greencough got them, actually, but isn't the fact that he'd had them to begin with all that matters?

Sharpshadow winces as the begrudgingly - familiar voice sounds behind him. He thinks only he can hear the crick in his neck that sounds as he turns her head to look back at her. Halfpaw grins like a fox with its belly full of kits, and (hopefully) unbeknownst to Mosspool, Sharpshadow glare is like claws down her throat.

" She... " Her gaze snaps back to Mosspool. " She's troubled, you see. " Sharpshadow doesn't believe it to be lie, really. " I – I wasn't going to say anything, but she's been nothing but a nuisance since... the incident. " She leers closer to Mosspool as she speaks, but does not work very hard to keep her voice down. Fangs curl around her words. That was something mentors loved to do, use something that happened to you against you. " Luckily for ShadowClan – I'm... not afraid of discipline when it's due. The elders are thankful, I'm sure. " She doesn't give a rat's tail about what the elders think, but someone like Mosspool would probably eat it up.

...Or did it reflect on him to have an unruly apprentice? Not when she was just assigned to him, surely. But what was he gonna say moons later, when Mosspool undeniably showed her face, and Halfpaw was still undeniably... her. Sharpshadow swallows thick. " We... have quite a lot to discuss, later. " Quite. Mosspool would approve, she's sure.
EpC61GT.png

• ooc: @Mosspool @Halfpaw
  • 77138241_LGsAhejnM5wt5R0.png
    SHARPSHADOW: he / she , no pref , dislikes gender neutral language ; fine with gendered terms ; 19 moons old as of 2.2.24
    dark smoke feline that stands at an above average height. Easily identifiable by her namesake – an unruly mat of fur, destined to be cluttered by inconsistencies between chimera halves. Burdened with a broken tail, often lying dead behind her in the dirt.
    Anxious, antisocial, paranoid. Sharpshadow has not known peace for a single time in his life, and lives anticipating inevitable dangers to the detriment of herself and others.
    heavy ic opinions! he's irrational and mean </3

• Angry
Reactions: Halfsun
𓆝 . Β° ✦ Mosspool could only blink as the apprentice spoke up. Halfpaw was certainly... energetic. That was not unexpected in an apprentice however, and not unwelcome either. Even if she herself found it a bit abrasive.

What Halfpaw had to say, on the other paw, was unexpected. As the apprentice claimed that revealed that Sharpshadow had not been much of a mentor at all, Mosspool could not stop the sound that she made in response, and in truth she did not really want to.

A single laugh; quiet and dignified.

Her eyes fell on Sharpshadow, heavy with the weight of her smug satisfaction. "If only we could all be so blessed as to have an apprentice as eager for training as yours is. Or as eager to pick ticks off elders, for that matter." There was, for once, humor in her tone. Even if it was only a touch of it. It was an honor to be entrusted with an apprentice, certainly, but it was a disgrace to betray that trust as well. "Though, if she speaks truthfully then you do not share the same eagerness. I truly hope you aren't neglecting your duties?" Her every word dripped with faux concern. If Sharpshadow was her clanmate than the thought of her negligence might be cause for irritation, as it would be a danger to her clan. However, Sharpshadow was - thankfully - not her clanmate. Therefore she could simply delight in the failures of such a nuisance.

As Sharpshadow stumbled over his words Mosspool waited - kindly, patiently, politely - for her to finish. Though she did raise an eyebrow at his words. "I see. She is truly so troubled?" Her tone was flat and unimpressed. It practically screamed that she did not believe him. "Training such an apprentice must be difficult. You have my condolences." She commented, side-eyeing Halfpaw. "I am certain with your guidance she will grow into a fine warrior."

Mosspool could not resist nodding in approval despite herself as Sharpshadow spoke of not being afraid of discipline though. During her own apprenticeship she had often been frustrated by the misbehavior of her peers and her own inability to correct it. Now that she had the power to, she saw fit to use it often.

We... have quite a lot to discuss, later. "You certainly do." Mosspool agreed, but gaze remained pointedly on Sharpshadow rather than Halfpaw.
  • ooc: β€”

• Angry
Reactions: SHARPSHADOW