wc rebels πŽπ… π’π€π‚π‘πˆπ…πˆπ‚π„ β•± "πŒπ„π„π“πˆππ†"

They have rested for as long as they have time to do. Weariness weighs upon all of them, but as Sunstride drags his paws into a slow semblance of standing, he does not allow it to show on his own face. His anger, his exhaustion– all of it choked down behind a shroud of determination. It does not fully keep his twitching paw from crossing his face. It swipes remaining weariness, but leaves something else in its place. It is placed back down with aching soreness, and the barest hint of claws.

"WindClan!" The name is still sour upon his tongue. He does not want WindClan. The legacy of a mad cat, who turned this world to ash. Yet if they do not cling to that, there will be nothing, and Sunstride will not take that from them. Not now. The beasts of the barn shift mildly at his cry, and the cats that remain of his clan stir to gather. He waits patiently, for both the hooved creatures and cats settle. "I know that we have suffered greatly in the days behind us. I owe you answers, so that we may begin anew." His gaze finds Wolfsong's from the crowd, and he sweeps across the warriors that have helped him through all that has happened. "Sootstar spoke the truth. I returned ShadowClan's kits to their clan. Chilledstar spoke of their loss at the Gathering, and it is there that I discovered they were not the orphans that she claimed them to be. Their father β€” ShadowClan's deputy himself β€” missed them terribly. I knew that in doing this, I would face her punishment.

"I did not know that it would become the clan's. I know that I brought what we feared upon all of our heads. Those of our clan that now sit with the stars died due to my actions, and my mistake."
He allows that thought to linger heavily upon the crowd. Sunstride does not stand above them as Sootstar did in their camp. At eye level with each of them, he cannot see past the first row of heads. Still he searches for Brightshine. "I cannot bring back your family. But StarClan and WindClan will honor their sacrifice for lifetimes to come." It is not enough.

"All of you!" the warrior shouts, a rallying cry. "Know that this is what's right; this is what StarClan asks of us. And we will not lose sight of what brought us here! We push forward, as WindClan always has. We must stand together, for our strength is in each other." His voice softens, as do his eyes. A half-step into the crowd, so that he might nudge his head into one of his kit's. "I know that your bones are as weary as your hearts. We will carry each other through all of this."

The barn cats are not among his most ardent supporters. He knows this, and yet he seeks them out anyway, with hesitation in glacial eyes. "You owe this clan nothing, but would you teach some of our warriors the way that you hunt? We will need our strength if we are to retake camp." His gaze swings from the small group. "The rest of you– if you are healthy enough to seek moss, or follow Wolfsong as he searches for herbs, I ask that you do so. Our wounds need tended to."
EpC61GT.png

• OOC. @Yewberry @Echolight . @POLLENFUR specifically, seeking help in barn hunting!!
  • dzMLAJY.png
    SUNSTRIDE. WINDCLAN DEPUTY & MOOR RUNNER.
    ——– HE – HIM – HIS β•±β•± 48+ MOONS OLD, ADULT.
    NPC x NPC, LONERS. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO BEARPAW, SINGEDPAW, RIVEPAW, SUNLITPAW AND FEATHERPAW. MENTORING SCORCHPAW.

TH β•±β•± LARGE CHOCOLATE ROSETTE TABBY, ICY EYES.

Reactions: WOLFSONG
A meeting is called in a place that is not their home. It's bizarre and wrong. Even though Sunstride is trying his best and trying to rally their spirits hers are not. He apologizes for his actions and states what they're doing is right, but I'm so sick of what's right and wrong. I'm tired of being told what I'm doing is right. Sootstar once had told them their actions were just, that they were right. However, they were here now. In a battle of right and wrong it seemed and she wanted out. All she wanted was some peace at this point and have some time with her remaining family and friends. Rumblerain's choice still stung. To think, one of her kin decided to side with Sootstar. We'll see each other again and I hope it doesn't end with blood.

Rabbitclaw is without a doubt weary but she understands that they can't wallow in their misery. Doing so would do nothing. She was healthy enough to help Wolfsong and that's what she decided she would do. While she understands nothing of herbs and would probably be more of a nuisance, it was Sunstride who asked for cats to assist Wolfsong. She finds her way to the medicine cat and gives him a nod before mewing, "If you allow it, I'll try and help."

• β€” rabbitclaw / windclan tunneler / feminine pronouns / 45 moons
    β€” pansexual / single / looking / open to flirting and crushes
    β€” scar riddled short-haired lilac tortoiseshell with blue eyes
    β€” may powerplay minor harm / can powerplay healing
    β€” biography / @ on discord for plots
    β€” penned by velou

With her side wrapped up as much as Wolfsong could manage with their limited resources, Rattleheart was at least able to walk normally - if slowly - over to where Sunstride had called a meeting for them all. It was odd, hearing the rosette tabby's voice speaking as their lead, but it also put her infinitely more at ease than Sootstar's demanding tone ever had. After a minute she was able to settle near Rabbitclaw's side, leaning her good side lightly against the other in both a hello and a search for comfort. Much like her sister, she was tired of being told what was right or wrong, but at least Sunstride was willing to listen to them all. At least he actually cared for their families, and the cats that they had lost or may lose in the future. She trusted Sunstride - enough that she had helped him with taking the Shadowclan kits back, and enough that she had followed him all the way to the Horseplace, even with her blood spilling out onto the ground with each step.

Regardless of how exhausted she was feeling, the tunneler refused to let herself just lay around and feel useless. Rattleheart knew better than to push herself too hard - she didn't want to reopen her side and get Wolfsong hovering over her again - but she felt well enough to at least go and search for supplies. Unfortunately much like Rabbitclaw, she knew nothing about herbs and figured she would only be a burden if she went along on that particular gathering mission. Instead she focused on the second task, stretching her legs just enough that she wouldn't feel a stab of pain up her side and flank. "I'll help with gathering moss. And maybe some more bedding supplies to make sure we're all comfortable while healing." Perhaps she could gather some feathers around the area? The wandering chickens nearby certainly seemed like they could be of help in that department, even if she couldn't just kill them and pluck the feathers the easy way.
[ PENNED BY EO ]

i'm no good man, you won't forgetβ—Žβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
He had missed the battle cry when it had happened, out on the moors trying to find food for the clan, finding food for the mouths that gnashed at their own clanmates. He had seen the cats flee before he returned to camp and panic had set in that more rogues came to attack their camp again. But, it was much worse. Goldenstrike found his way to the horseplace late that evening and since then had been regretting that he couldn't had done more. He was good at fighting, maybe he could have slain the queen herself. That was wishful thinking though. So now as Sunstride called them to attention he was more than happy to do whatever the tom commanded.

He was miserable at hunting the rabbits on the moor, and even more pitiful at hunting voles in the dense forest, maybe barn hunting would prove to be his one talent. StarClan knows sheep hunting wasn't. As he watches the barn cats, hoping for an affirmation in teaching, he remembers that day where he tried to hunt the ram that was still in that same pen only a few hare-lengths away. It hadn't been that long ago that it nearly killed him because of his own stupidity, and yet he stood here now, ragged and skinny, his cheeks hallowing with both stress and age. He was a full-grown warrior now. He had more to prove than ever... and if StarClan willed it, he would stand by Sunstride's side until the very end. Beside Sunflowermask and Periwinklebreeze, Mouseflight and Fogbound, even Vulturemask, who he prayed was looking down from the stars proud of the ragatg group. Still he sat waiting for instructions from the cats if they should give any.

rude words i said, i'm still a messβ—Žβ€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β—Žpenned by WriteAboutRadish

The clan has looked to Sunstride as their leader in these timesβ€”it makes sense, after having followed the deputy all the way into exile. He is strong and capable, yet caring enough to be a safe opposite to Sootstar’s ruthlessness. Scorchstreak respects him enough to fall in line behind him, though she does intend to keep a close eye on him; she will not follow along with another leader on their descent into madness. Her paws have been bloodied enough by Sootstar’s orders and her own ignorance. She will not let herself be a monster. Not again.

The calico settles beside her siblings, tail loosely curling in an arc across the ground behind them. The tabby tom is giving a speech, taking blame for his part in the return of ShadowClan’s kitsβ€”and by association, his part in the lives that were lost in the fight against those who remain loyal to Sootstar. Scorchstreak could speak up here, shoulder some of the blame with him. But she doesn’t. She won’t place blame upon herself for something that she doesn’t truly feel guilty for. Lilacstem and Larkfeather were hardly familiar to her. Besides, they were both warriors. They should have been capable enough of defending themselves. It’s not as though they were defenseless kits snatched from under the nose of their clanβ€”and by someone they should have been able to trust, no less.

No, Lilacstem and Larkfeather’s lives have paid for Halfkit and Tanglekit’s freedom from the claws of a queen who would have turned them into monsters. She’d done the same to her own offspring; though Moorblossom walks amongst the rebellious cats, most of Sootstar’s kits are notably absent. Bluefrost had made her loyalty to her mother well-known, as well. Scorchstreak’s expression curls, growing sharper as she casts a glance to Rattleheart. "There should be wool around here somewhere," she offers to her sister, though gathering wool seems more time consuming than finding patches of moss and feathers.
[ BE A FIRE, BURN THIS DOWN ]

At Sunstride's call he is willed from Rivepaw's side. Velvety paws making quick work to be in attendance of the impromptu meeting. The deputy's voice was nothing new but the circumstances were of course bizarre at best. Spotting Rattleheart and their siblings he settles down near Scorchstreak. Green hues staring worriedly at her awkward gait but gradually shifting to the golden tom as he spoke.

Eyes glinting with understanding as he delved into the past tragedies. His throat constricts with grief at the mention of their clanmates torn apart over a good deed. Killed by the claws of a mad leader that held no love much less care for her clan. Keeping it together he blinks away tears and sits straighter at the cry. It's touching and harrowing all the same and Redpaw can't look away.

He can feel the rawness rolling off the older cat and it's palpable. Nodding silently he stares off for a moment more before Rattleheart's voice rouses him from a stupor. Quickly, he adds his voice to the others. "I-I'd like to help Wolfsong in any way I can!" A chance to stay close to Rivepaw was a luring factor including the opportunity to get out and about.

The barn had been a warm respite but it also felt suffocatingly cramped. Being one of the few healthy cats around Redpaw saw no reason not to offer his help.

your entire existence gives me a headache, go stand over there .
οΈΆκ’¦κ’·β™‘κ’·κ’¦οΈΆ
And the truth shall set you free. He mused, listening with a drawn-out sigh. Only it led to a peculiar situation, didn’t it? I suppose it was only natural, no? False peace will only get you so far. He hummed with puckered lips. A terrible lead of events. Of course, Fogbound wasn’t that heartless, stars no, the moor runner had enough empathy to feel something, but he diminished it before it even bloomed into something.

Fogbound huffed, curling a paw beneath his chin while laying sprawled out, tail curled against his scarred flank. His future remained uncertain, but even he carried on with unapologetic dismissal, grinning devilishly to anyone who voiced their concern in the short time they’d rested since retreating. He wouldn’t dare voice his thoughts out loud. It wasn’t in his nature to whine about things he couldn’t control, but no matter, he was a stubborn brute at heart. Tsk. Tsk. His lips puckered, angling tattered ears forward.

β€œI may not be much help, but even I can do something while I heal.” He voiced with a twitch of his tail, peering up where he suspected Sunstride to be. β€œIf you require my assistance, I couldn’t bear to say no.” He finished with a grin, muzzle crinkling with the motion.
thought speech

there was no break. sickness, rogues- and now Sootstar against her own clan. he said every villain had a story, but this one was not one. she had lost all of milkthorns respect .. and it saddened him. This was who he grew up with. Scorchstreak, Badgermoon, Sootstar- they were the ones Milkthorn looked up to. And now, he was supposed to... But Scorchstreak was here. Others were here. They... could fight back. They could do something.

He wondered if Badgermoons fate was deserved. If those that chased him off... Were they in the wrong?

Either side of the coin was something that he didn't want. He didn't want to fight for her, or against her. But... here he was adorned with yet another scar down his shoulder and on his chest. Rosebreeze (npc) had attacked him. He hadnt been fighting, trying to slink off, but she snuck up on him. Her honey gold eyes against ice blue, a fight broke out and he didn't even want to hurt her. It was an act of reaction and surprise.

He'd listen to Sunstride, who spoke determined that they were going back to Windclan. They were going to take it back. And milkthorn let out a breath while a white and brown striped head lifted up as if relieving his stress towards starclan. What else were they supposed to do? The problem was that he did believe. If starclan didn't exist... how could they know about the herbs in the mountains?

But... what about them attacking Riverclan? Was- was that truth if Sootstar hated them for stripping her of Weaselclaw? But was it embedded more than that? Conflict and turmoil rose. he was *not* this analytical and it was making his head hurt.

But he'd tune to the red warrior again, listening. Sootstar had stolen kits. That Sootstars reign was over and they would push them out. He swallowed, blinking. But at the same time? Even his spirits were risen by the warriors words. She had tried ot kill a good warrior.

"I am well enough to hunt," he finally called as Sunstride beckoned for his recruits to help them recover.

Bluepool is not the kind of cat who ever pictured herself turning against her own kin, her own blood. And yet, here she was, standing in a barn in horseplace the label traitor attached to her name. She had left her sister behind on the moors, vows of her death on the smoke-colored mollies tongue. She has no idea who would win in a fight between them. Sootstar had always been a good fighter when they were younger, had always won their fathers favor by being better than her in every way, but back then they had been young. Bluepool had not cared about much, if she is honest. All she wanted was to be left to her own devices. Now, however, she had things at stake. Other cats that she cared for, a clan that she loved and did not wish to see run into the dirt like her sister intended. If WindClan was allowed to continue on the trajectory they were going, then she has no doubt that soon the other clans would be upon their doorsteps, demanding blood pay for blood. They would not be a match against the combined might of RiverClan ThunderClan SkyClan and ShadowClan. No, her beloved home would be wiped from the map and the other clans would no doubt divvy up the spoils of war amongst themselves.

Her premonitions are what led her here, standing before Sunstride and listening as he calls a meeting, as he speaks of answers, of kits stolen and justice to be exacted. He reassures the clan that they are right for rebelling against Sootstar. "Just tell me what you need me to do and I'll do it" she says in answer to his call. Her wounds ached and she was exhausted but there was work that needed to be done and she could handle it. For WindClan, she could do anything.

Yewberry listens to Sunstride speak, still grappling with the fact that Sootstar had stolen kits. He never thought she'd stoop to that level, but life is full of surprises, isn't it? To lie, to claim that they are orphans...Even so, they had a whole clan to care for them. To steal kits from another clan....Did she not realize how wrong that is? The dangers involved? He wouldn't be surprised if Shadowclan is mobilizing for war as they speak.

Suntride goes on to blame himself for the lives they lost, and Yewberry can't bring himself to blame him. He doesn't look at Sunstride with any anger or resentment, his gaze is only tired and dull. Sunstride couldn't have predicted what would have happened. The cats who killed Lilacstem and Larkfeather were not among this gathering, and so he shows no anger.

Listening to Sunstride rally the cats gathered, he begins to consider how Windclan will be under him. With Sunstride as Windclan's leader.... It will be better, he realizes. Sunstride has compassion and strength, he would not do the things that Sootstar has done. Perhaps things are finally about to change for the better. Sootstar will be made to pay for her crimes.

When he and his small group are addressed, he nods. "I'll help. I'll put my faith in you, that you'll be a better leader and not repeat Sootstar's mistakes." He says. "Hunting in the barn is a little easier than out on the moors, so fortunately no one will have to strain too much." He says, looking at the cats gathered.

"With this many though, we may have to hunt outside, too." He says thoughtfully. "I'll help show you all how we live around here."

"BECAUSE COWBOY DAN'S A MAJOR PLAYER IN THE COWBOY SCENE"

C_Angelkisses.gif
He lumbered forward at Sunstride's call, the large tom's mismatched gaze of citrine and blazing fire were upon the icy blues he could glimpse through the crowds as he hovered at the back. Windclan was without Sootstar. For the first time since he joined, the moor's tyrant did not stand before them, green eyes blazing with some fury about one thing or another, the stench of dread and blood did not cling to his senses, and, despite the musty scent of the hooved beasts and the stale air of the barn, the make-shift camp felt... calm. Shaken, upheaved, and on-edge, but there was this tide of change he could taste on the wind, icy and cold as the deputy's eyes who spoke before him. And Houndthistle took this time to reflect, quietly, at his choice before a call to action was given.

Lifting his head to stand at full height, Houndthistle called to the cat he had chosen to ensure his and his son's safety, "I'll go with Wolfsong t'gather herbs." His wounds, minor in the face of everything he'd faced, did not deter him from wanting to be useful. With many other clanmates being more injured or exhausted then him, he also figured his imposing size may make any hell-bent loyalists of Sootstar to think twice before attacking the medicine cat or any others who went with.

"speech"

• text
  • Physical Health
    97%
    β€· left eye is blinded; minor cuts and bruises
    Mental Health
    98%

• Single | Bicurious | Not actively looking | Interested in Wolfsong, Scorchstreak, Sootspritespark

Houndthistle is both an easy one to gain the trust of and impossible to gain the trust of. He'll rarely reveal personal information or be vulnerable-if he's even capable of such things-but he will show trust in his willingness to lay his life down. To gain it, he needs evidence that you're loyal and strong, same as him, otherwise he understands he may one day have to come head to head with you.

β€” will start fights / will not flee / may show mercy
    β€” excels at Fighting, Tracking, Following Orders, Intimidation
    β€” poor at climbing, swimming, stealth, talking, strategy, politics
    β€” sounds like: deep, gravelled and thick with a sort of country accent / Arthur Morgan
    β€” smells of iron, leather, and wood
    β€” speech is #435E75