๐” ๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ž ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ž โ™ฅ ๐”‡๐”ข๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ฐ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ค

He could feel the heat in his knuckled toes swelter from the pressure he pressed into that branch. Pupils like a rattlesnakes peering through the sharp tendrils of the pine as he watched them speak under the lowlight of the moon. Vermillonsun, with his rocky mountain blue eyes and ginger kissed cream fur. He was handsome- and Deersong had feelings for them, clearly, and despite the error of leaving. His beloved, she was the forgiving type. As much as he wished she wasnโ€™t.

His hackles shiver over the tremors of his muscles as he squeezed his talons into the bark. A low growl rippling in his throat until he could watch no-more. He tears down the tree and stalks to camp. He waits, tail tip ticking with climbing anger and vengeful puffs of air leave his nostrils.

โ€™ Sheโ€™s going to choose himโ€™ a cruel cackling voice is back to taunt them. โ€˜ Iโ€™ll kill him then โ€™ he snarls back internally with his lips curled over his teeth. Why? heโ€™s forced to wonder why he felt so angry. What emotion crept his chest like tar and leaked toxic fumes from his eyes and the guttural of his growls. Heโ€™s in the path between camp and the twolegplace. He settles into a lay against the ground but itโ€™s hardly one of comfort and laze, his ribs are perched- his paws crossed and his tail lashing back and forth as he snatches an old pine limb between his jaws and gnaws at the wood.

Itโ€™s when her pawsteps sound finally in her return- he doesnโ€™t look up but his jaws finally snap the limb in two with a loud crack. " whereโ€™ve you been, Deersong " itโ€™s spoken, not as a question would but he still offers her the chance to lie. Brows pinched and paws slowly uncrossing.

• โ€”

• โ€” Thistleback | thirty moons | cis-male
    โ€” daylight warrior of Skyclan
    โ€” bisexual | fallen for Deersong 9.29.22
    โ€” very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes. Wears a purple collar with brass clasp.
  • bVBPWus.png

๐ต๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐“€๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“Œ, ๐ผ ๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ถ๐“ˆ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’

Her paws dragged along the ground, though the sadness that had clung to her before had dissipated into exhaustion. Her talk with Vermillionsun had been...uneventful if she was being truthful, but as she mulled over what they had talked about the scent of her beloved would cause her to pick up her head in surprise and a soft smile touched her lips.

He didn't have to wait up for her, but she found it sweet of him that he did. The molly hadn't told him she was going to meet her friend, but she figured that was for the best after their interaction earlier. His voice touched her ears and she seemed to relax further at the sound of it before she moved forward as if to greet him with their now usual brush of muzzles, "I'm sorry Gem." Her soft cooing voice spoke her recently dubbed affectionate nickname for him, "I went to get answers from Vermillionsun. I didn't mean to keep you waiting for me, were you out here long?"

It was as she got closer, however, that her half-lidded gaze would move over his frame and notice the tenseness in his shoulders and the way he wasn't looking at her. A look of worry would touch her turquoise optics and Deersong would try to reach out and lift his chin so that he would look at him, "Gem...what's wrong? Did something happen while I was gone?"

Her mind flashed to the day she had been attacked by the rogue and she would tilt her head in her whimsical fashion as she spoke again, "Were you worried about me?"

Hard pained black toes press to his temple now, dragging through the spiny pins of his fur and curving the shape of his skull with agitated rhythm. A slow to and fro that kept him rooted to his wits and his more logical side. A part of his was furious, and not toward his beloved Bird- but toward the former warrior who had his little ropes bound to her emotions. Toying with her and probably manipulating her.

Gem, she calls him- like one of her precious stones. Was that what she thought of this shard of charcoal? Thistlebackโ€™s jawline clenches but softens with her touch- cream hued paw dragging his avoidant eyes to her with a very rare display of fragility. He felt rotten in the warmth of her hold.

She doesnโ€™t lie- and with that something unfurls deep in his soul, as if a snake was coiled up ready to strike but now he breaths with lighter air. Less vengeful from his nostrils. " lost track " he speaks hoarsely, his long minutes of growling beforehand had ruptured his tone a bit from their brutal vibrations.

" well- I take itโ€ฆ you got your answers " itโ€™s curt, spit out with a distaste for the man. " vermillonsun " he pukes out the name with a disgruntled edge but lets it melt as he lets the barbed edges of his walls falter.

summer hurricanes meet cold grey, and his tongue falls flat in the cage of his teeth. " No. " he mutters, " I saw you. and him "

" Of course I was worried, bird. " his brows furrow above a scowl again. He couldnโ€™t keep it for long though, because his icy grudgeful gaze is drowned with his absolute love for this woman. " my love" he whispers softly, pulling his paw from his temple to place over hers that held his muzzle.

" I just- donโ€™t like the look he put in your eyesโ€ฆ the hurt, he made you feelโ€ฆ he doesnโ€™t deserve the chance to explain himself " he recalls the pain glistening in turquoise waters, he recalls the urge to drown Vermillonsun in them. The way she stepped up to him though- that had been enough at the time to quench his thirst for a fight. A true display of Deersongโ€™s own feelings for Thistleback, no matter how undeserving.

" He isnโ€™t the one who struck you is he? " Thistlebackโ€™s shoulders quiver again at the even slightest chance. He would bleed the manโ€™s lungs if so.

• โ€”

• โ€” Thistleback | thirty moons | cis-male
    โ€” daylight warrior of Skyclan
    โ€” bisexual | fallen for Deersong 9.29.22
    โ€” very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes. Wears a purple collar with brass clasp.
  • bVBPWus.png

๐ต๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐“€๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“Œ, ๐ผ ๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ถ๐“ˆ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’

Deersong would watch as many emotions flickered in phases over his face. It would bring her some relief to see him relax at her touch and as she listens to the answers to her questions, she would smile in what can only be read as tired acceptance as she nodded, "I got the answers he was willing to give me. That is enough." Her ears would flick as he spats her friend's name, but does not scold him for it. He was more than entitled to whatever emotion the flame point caused him.

The way he speaks next, how he saw her and Vermillionsun would cause her to blink in surprise. The whimsical molly would slowly look over his face in quiet as he continued to speak and for a moment she would shake her head quietly, "No. It wasn't him." She would look him over, the quiver that shook through him, and after a few heartbeats of quiet, Deersong would meow ever so softly, "Thistleback...Did you think I was leaving you for Vermillionsun?"

The question was fragile, her expression one of confusion and hurt that seemed more painful than the one inflicted upon her by Vermillionsun. Her half-tail would lash behind her as she stared at him intently as if trying to understand why he would ever question her love for him, but then the words he spoke before echoed within her mind.
no-one's ever loved me before...

Understanding would slowly flow into her previously pained expression and Deer would scoot closer so she could hold his head delicately in her soft paws and looked him evenly in the eyes, "Listen to me Chompers." Deersong's coo was still warm, yet there was a seriousness underneath that showed that whatever she was saying she meant with every fiber of her being, "I love you. I have no plans to leave you so long as you want me at your side. An old friend coming back doesn't change that. So please..." She would lean forward and gently tug him into an embrace, sighing softly into his ear, "try and trust me, ok? I'm not going anywhere. Not without you."

The cream and mocha molly would nestle her head onto his shoulder as her tail curled so as to brush against his side. She knew that it wouldn't happen overnight, that whatever wounds her beloved had etched into his heart would take time and patience to heal. But she was ready and willing to wait for as long as it takes.