camp a dirty catastrophe | intro

CRANEKIT

Sep 24, 2024
જ➶ It's always hard to keep up with this little whirlwind of ice and dust. The young kit is always escaping someone's eyesight, making herself scarce among the vision of the adults. The young child is at it again in fact. Having snuck out of the nursery and found her way along the side of the water. Her bright green blue eyes are wide in wonder at the mud that lays before her. The best thing she could have ever found by herself. With no hesitation the tiny molly flings herself into it. Wallowing around and throwing mud up into the air. It sticks to her fur, cools her skin and drips off her paws. A wide smile plays upon maw as she flops onto her side and rest there to enjoy the scene of the moving stream. Though after a short moment a sound greets her ears. Rumbling and twisting her innards. The want to eat strong and she quickly darts her mud bathed form out of her cooling dirt pool and into camp she goes. Mud flings off her as she races around she looks more akin to a muddy monster than a kit at all.

With each flail mud gets slinged and the first warrior that she sees the child races toward them and without much though she slings herself onto their leg, wrapping her tiny paws around what feels like a trunk to her. "Hey! Hey! I'm hungry! Can I have something!?" Her voice is bright and light as she suddenly starts to weave her mud laden body between their legs.

-- anyone can be said warrior!

-ˋˏ ༻✧༺ ˎˊ- carawaysong is well on her way to her favorite sunny spot in camp when mud meets her carefully groomed fur with a soft thunk. her brows raise in shock, but the perpetrator makes herself known before she must go through any detective work. a slender paw is grounded, coated further in dirt.

the warrior has to stifle a disdained expression, instead looking down to cranekit with a smile. all her work, for what exactly? a hungry kit was more important than the state of her pelt, she supposed. it would be easier to fulfill said kits wishes if she weren't practically tripping over their mud caked body with every step towards the freshkill pile.

"you're hungry, huh?" carawaysong hums with a lopsided grin, giving up on walking. she wasn't getting far anyways. "for what- a lizard maybe?" she stoops to cranekit's level with her teasing question, no so subtly attempting to shake mud free from a foreleg. lizards weren't good for anything but chasing, they weren't shadowclanners here. they had real options for a meal.
  • OOC ↛
  • p7LLlQL.png
  • CARAWAYSONG SHE/HER, WARRIOR OF RIVERCLAN, 14 ☾'s
    a tall and slender longhaired silver tabby with olive green eyes.
    willowroot x poppysplash / / currently mentoring none.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

" ALL THE STONES AND KINGS OF OLD ⚔︎
    WILL HEAR US SCREAMING AT THE COLD "

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
"I'll take a lizard!" Volekit pipes up from somewhere behind his sister, one brown ear twitching madly (was that a fly? a fly? a buzz? a bee? what was a bee? did he know what they looked like?)

"I'm actually soooooo hungry, hungrier than Cranekit, so I should get the biggest possible lizard imaginedable!" Naturally does the competition come: everything in a competition, especially when you had four other siblings to compete with. Volekit's little body quivered with anticipation as he jumped forward, hopping from one foot to the other - too much energy wrapped up into one little body.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚"Eugh, a lizard?" Beefang can't help but say with a wrinkle of her nose as she walks over trying to hide the amusement that twinkled in her eye as she watches Cranekit ruin the pristine tabby pelt of Cararwaysong, "A trout or salmon sounds a lot better than a lizard and so much more filling." The black smoke says with a small smile tugging at the sides of her mouth though her gaze turns to the muddied kitten and can't help the way that her snout wrinkles at the sight, she feels fortunate enough not to have kittens of her own for several reasons. That is one of the reasons and the thought of her tongue having to remove the muck from some kitten's pelt causes her body to shiver with disgust and turns her gaze away entirely from Cranekit not wishing to acknowledge that she's a mess. If it were up to Bee, she would've scruffed the kitten and dipped her into the river a few times to get the mud off of her but it isn't her responsibility considering she's a warrior and not a queen nor will she ever be.

She silently thanks Starclan for it and turns to walk over to the freshkill pile as her paw extends towards it in search of a suitable fish, her eye locks onto a catfish which she hooks a claw onto to bring it closer for her teeth to sink in. Within a few steps, she returns to Carawaysong and the two hungry kittens only to set the fish down for the both of them before taking a step back "See? This is a lot before than some scrawny lizard." Unless this pair of kittens are picky eaters but Bee doubts that considering who wouldn't wish to eat a plump fish that had been freshly caught by the warriors that dipped their paws, bodies, and soul into their river that kept them living and thriving.

5BB8hMy.png

• ooc
  • WARRIOR SKILLSET;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • dOcsURU.png
    a shorthaired black smoke molly w/low white and a singular amber eye
    oftentimes comes off as untrusting of those around her, closed off, and not the easiest to engage in conversation with, she's not easy to befriend. distrusting of outsiders and will snap at you if y/c walks up to her on her blind side. all her opinions are IC only.
    14 moons old; ages the 10th every month
    asexual homoromantic; mated to moonbeam
    currently mentoring... roepaw ; formerly mentored by smokestar
    firstborn daughter of cicadastar and smokestar
    sister of cicadaflight and loveburn
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

MIND OUT OF ORDER
AND HEART ON MY SLEEVE

newtkit & 04 moons & agender & they/it & riverclan kit

89003515_JTpKQcrQy8cveNx.png
━━ Voices reach cream-splotched ears, and it's not long before Newtkit's attention leaves todays object of fascination. Tiny paws carry them forwards rabbit-quick, wide eyes staring pleadingly at the warriors as their please join their siblings. " Nuh-uh! I'm the hungriest like, ever to ever! So I should get uh, first pick, not Cranekit or Volekit, " in truth, they aren't the least bit hungry at all - they just dont want to be left out!

Eyes flit between Carawaysong and Beefang as the fish is placed before all of them, head tilting curiously. " Hey!? What's wrong with lizards? Lizards aren't scrawny, they're cool - Ma' and Da' even named me after one! " they pout indignantly, eyes narrowing at Beefang as though she is mocking them rather then the prey itself.

'Rude'.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

j u s t t h a t k i n d o f b e a u t i f u l a n d i m h e l p l e s s

It's safe to say Claythorn looks exhausted. Not only does she have her own kits to look out for, then Gladefrost's, then there was these three troublemakers. A frown crosses the queen's face as she steps through camp, her tail swaying across the ground then freezing still as she spots Cranekit. There is a slow blink before a soft groan leaves her, head tilting down a hint.

Cranekit's mother's tongue is going to be sore by tonight. She thinks briefly, before she steps near Beefang, sharing a look with the warrior- who's muzzle had wrinkled recently. A snort left Claythorn, peering back forward as Newtkit makes themself known. "Oh, I don't doubt that, Newkit." She says, sitting down and tucking her tail over her paws. "But newts aren't lizards. They're water-animals." She says, her head tilting slowly before she continues.

"Lizards are these dry, scaly things that Shadowclan snacks on." Claythorn is teasing now- a tiny grin finding her muzzle at telling this tale. "Bet you they use their tails to pick their teeth." She rumbles in an amused manner, head dipping forward as the grin spread.
  • "speech"
  • CLAYTHORN she/her, queen of riverclan, sixteen moons.
    LH chocolate torbie with mismatched golden eyes, scars across her right cheek and over her left ear. cold exterior and threatening glares, built for stamina/battle and not swimming (tall/muscled)
    mentored by darkbranch (npc) / / mentoring no one
    mated to otterbite / / mother to dark-kit, onyxkit, sparrowkit, eelkit, dropletkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.