camp A RESTLESS TIDE (5/1 MEETING)

THERE'S A WORLD THAT WAS MEANT FOR OUR EYES TO SEE

"Wildheart! Wildheart! Wildheart!" Her cheers echo in the camp alongside the rest of the clan's as they cheered for the newly-made warriors and Dovepaw's apprenticeship. It would only be a few months before Patchpaw, too, became a warrior, and the thought thrilled her to no end! She would finally be able to join Wildheart's side!
Of course she was no less joyous for the rest of the warriors as well! It was a wonderful sight, seeing Shiningsun and Mothsqueak finally earn their warrior names--they had long since deserved it, and Dovepaw as well!

Even so, the trickle of worry spread through her bones, a feeble but pulsating concern that remained at the back of her mind. Wildheart was, for sure, to move from the apprentice's den to the warrior's den... leaving her alone once more in her little nest. And what was to be of their love? She was sure a love between an apprentice and a warrior would not go over well--even if they were only two months apart.
No! She won't let it get in the way! She would simply have to wait, but if it was all she needed to do, then so be it! It would only be two months, after all, and then she'd be able to join him.
One day...! Patchpaw beams to herself, watching as Wildheart pranced about like a reborn deer, confident and filled to the brim with pride for his achievements. One day she'll join him--and then they'll be one of the greatest warrior couples ThunderClan has ever seen.

The cheers filled the skies as Patchpaw adds her voice to them once more.

• Love
Reactions: WILDHEART
Chamomilepaw silently takes a seat beside Hawkshiver, dipping his head briefly in greeting to his mentor before fixing his attention on Howlingstar. He has little to no opinion on the new rule set in place by the clan leaders - Cham isn't one to leave ThunderClan's territory after all. Everything he needs is here and he cannot imagine anything would change that. As for the ceremonies, the fawn ticked tabby quietly chimes in his congratulations, not wishing to raise his voice lest he accidentally grab someone's attention. All eyes and ears should be on the new warriors and new apprentice.

As the cheers for Dovepaw die down, Howlingstar's afraid the remaining news isn't as exciting, but just as significant. "Chickadeepaw, Lichenpaw, please come forward," She yowls, seeking out the two apprentices. The former is the littermate of Dovepaw, whose recent ceremony had been delayed after he left camp. And now his sister has her mentor so fed up that she has relinquished her training, asking the leader to give the trainee to someone else. The thought deeply concerns her - this family is so, so young and already causing loads of trouble. She knows exactly who to hand the rest of her training off to.

Her gaze shifts to Lichenpaw, and instead the feelings that stir within her are those of anguish and sympathy. Sunnyday had been his mentor, and never again would she allow him to manage a single training session. Lichenpaw would receive a mentor that is worthy of the duty, one that would not fail him like his first one had. Likewise, she has just the warrior in mind. One who will be firm and honorable, yet patient and kind.

"I call upon my warrior ancestors to give these apprentices new mentors. Chickadeepaw, Singing Frog has requested you be assigned a new mentor, and so I reassign you to Prickleflower. I have every bit of faith she will pass everything she knows onto you. Lichenpaw, no longer will Sunnyday be allowed to train you or any other apprentice. Your new mentor will be Blizzard Fang; I know he will do his best to guide and teach you." She looks towards the newly named mentors and gives them a sure dip of her head. These are two special cases, and she has chosen two warriors she can trust to handle them. Idly, her gaze travels towards the medicine cat's den where Sandpaw rests and her ears fall back against her head. The poor she-cat is probably feeling left out, She thinks, but reminds herself that as soon as she's healed up she will be given a new mentor as well, one who will treat her with far more kindness. "That is all!" With a flick of her tail, she dismisses the meeting to allow the new pairings to get to know each other, and so the new warriors can excitedly go talk to their friends, family, and former mentors.

// @Chickadeepaw! @LICHENPAW @PRICKLEFLOWER @BLIZZARD FANG

.°❁ I AM JUST A BROKEN MACHINE

He knew this moment was coming. Lichenpaw had been uncharacteristically silent throughout the meeting, waiting with a tense sort of anticipation for his name to be called. Not with the excitement that an apprentice should carry for the moment their leader speaks their name from the highrock; no, Lichenpaw had a few moons yet before he'd be given his new name. Instead, he waits for a replacement for Sunnyday, his disgraced mentor, a cat who once welcomed him into the clan with an easy smile and a laugh.

The bruises from his mentor's brutal training session are still fresh. He does not hope for a gentler mentor; if kind and honorable Sunnyday could be so cruel, surely any other who takes to training him can as well. Maybe it's something wrong with Lichenpaw himself -- he'd certainly not made things better with Sunnyday, not knowing when to back down, guiding Sandpaw to attack when her eyes shone with hesitance. Maybe it's only a matter of time before this new cat turns on him as well. Howlingstar makes her announcement, and...

Blizzard Fang. Another senior warrior, and the new arbiter of Lichenpaw's freedom. They will be bound to his side now, living and training by his word, until he grows sick of them. "I know he will do his best to guide and teach you," Howlingstar says, and he wants to scoff. Of course he will. Sunnyday did too.

The meeting ends, and Lichenpaw's wary eyes seek Blizzard Fang. His paws draw near despite his reluctance; it wouldn't do him well to ignore his new mentor after all. "Blizzard Fang," he says flatly, by way of greeting. "Guess you're uh, guess you're stuck with me now, huh?" It's half a joke; might have landed as one had he cared to school his tone. Now though, there's an undeniable sharpness to it, seeping in from the sour twist of his grin and the cold blue of his eyes.

AND I DO THINGS THAT I DON'T REALLY MEAN ! .°❁

• //
  • LICHENPAW named for the lichen on the trees of his home.
    — he/him or they/them. 10 moons.
    — thunderclan apprentice, mentored by blizzard fang.
    — bears a near-permanent nervous grin.

primary character, medium-high activity. penned by saturnid.​
  • Untitled82_20230206025231.png

Last edited:

9vwcenY.png
It was impossible to have not heard about the failures of Sunnyday. It’s left an apprentice wounded in the medicine cat’s den and another likely shaken. Blizzard Fang’s pelt prickles and deep shame for the warrior resonates within him, his loyalties were unquestionably skewed. Lichenpaw would need a new mentor, obviously.

When Howlingstar had proposed the idea of mentorship; Blizzard Fang had taken agreement to it quickly. He feels immense pride in being chosen to continue Lichenpaw’s training, he vows internally to teach them everything he knows. Rising onto thunderous paws, he makes his way to the tri-colored tom-cat and dips down to touch noses. When drawing away, a hearty smile can be witnessed on the silver feline’s face. ”It is an honor to be stuck with you, Lichenpaw.” He purrs with amusement, fur prickling with excitement he cannot help but show. His first apprentice, he’d continue Lichenpaw’s training and see him to be a warrior ThunderClan can be proud of. ”The meeting is over, come with me. I’ve got a hunting patrol to be on and I’d like you to show me all you know.”

tags

IMG_0538.png

PRICKLEFLOWER

♥ ♥ ♡ ♡ ♡
When Howlingstar assigned her Chickadeepaw a smug look nestles on Prickleflower’s face. Singing Frog’s talents could now be used on an upcoming apprentice, she’d get twice the joy wrangling a troublemaker into a noble and respectable warrior of ThunderClan. Given Chickadeepaw’s mouth and attitude she had a lot of work cut out for her, but it was nothing the brown tabby could not handle. With her neck straight and her tail stiff in the air she approaches the troublesome apprentice and pressed their noses together.

”We will begin immediately.” It seemed Prickleflower already had plans waiting to be put into motion. ”I heard you seemed to have bees in your ears when Singing Frog showed you the territory for the first time. So that’s where we will begin, for all I matter this is day one of your training and you just tumbled out of the nursery.” Which even so, wasn’t the furthest from the truth. Chickadeepaw hadn’t gotten far into their training at all. Regardless, Prickleflower would make her an apprentice she can be proud of in the blink of a moon.
IMG_0534.gif

Wolfwind gathers at her grandmother's call, and already, can't stop her own eyes from rolling into the back of her skull. She thinks she's said at least once "ill do such and such the day ShadowClan renounces prey stealing" and here they are, looks like Wolfwind will have to eat a fucking caterpillar, or something. (She says all sorts of things throughout the day; its hard to keep track. If a rando apprentices told her she said she'd take down a badger on her own, she'd have no choice but to go out and do it. For all she knows she did say that. ...She should start keeping notes).

Begs the question though, was Chilledstar against the policies of their previous leader? Did they simply realize they'd get their asses beat every time? Or were they just a big fan of practical jokes? It'd remain to be seen... Wolfwind nods along, regardless. And now...

Oh, stars. What do you mean Wildpaw wasn't being held back for like, his entire life? He's already annoying her. Wolfwind heaves the longest sigh she thinks she ever has. She practically feels like an old she - cat, already. " So damn extra, " she huffs to no one in particular. " Shiningsun, Mothsqueak, Dovepaw, Wildheart n' all that... "

Good that those last two are able to get away from Sunnyday. Even Prickleflower couldn't be half as bad.