as frustrating as me [lightpaw]

Jan 19, 2024
Lightpaw bounced on her toes a bit, the semi-frozen sand of the hollow sticking to her paws. Her mentor had told her to go ahead while she finished her brief conversation, and now here she was. I have to get this this time, I'm will get it, she thought. Her worry wasn't entirely uncalled for. She hadn't been able to master the combo Roeflame had given her last time, and it was weighing on her. Her whiskers twitched as she tried desperately to go over the moves in her head. Swipe front legs, fake right, slide left, tackle and pin... she repeated over and over until Roeflame appeared at the edge of the hollow.

@ROEFLAME .
[ MAYBE THIS TIME I'LL WIN ]

Reactions: ROEFLAME .

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
There is a prickle of annoyance that sparks along Roeflame’s spine when she is called away from her apprentices training session, a young warrior shuffling past the hollow to ask what time they’d be leaving for a dusk patrol.
Thankfully, the interaction is quick, and the lead warrior is free to return her attention back to Lightpaw, who just about had the battle move they had been going through.
”That last time was good, but the key is to not overthink it. When you’re in a real battle, you have to let your muscle memory and instincts guide you.” The smaller warrior hums as she breaks her perch from the outskirts of the hollow.
Joining her apprentice within the center of the sandy pool, Roeflame stands only a fox-length away from Lightpaw. Suddenly, she lunges forward, forepaws firmly landing only a whisker length away from the apprentices, raising a sheathed paw as though she was about to deliver a jab.
The sudden attack is brought with hope she would be able to snap Lightpaw into action, and gauge her preparedness.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-one moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw, Lightpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Her whiskers twitched in acknowledgement, processing what her mentor had told her. Just don't overthink it, it'll be fine She thought, totally believing that. Not a shred of doubt here. She nearly jumped out of her skin at the abrupt start to her lesson. She should've gotten used to this by now, probably. Nonetheless, Lightpaw dropped, swiping a paw under Roeflame's still grounded leg, attempting to knock her off balance. The molly went to dodge left- no, right- getting caught in her own borderline dyslexic ways, she toppled to the earth. Chin scraped, and ego bruised yet again, she whipped around, hoping her clumsiness hadn't lost her this yet.​
[ MAYBE THIS TIME I'LL WIN ]​