private be kind || roeflame

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ Darkness had taken it's claim in the sky for the evening. Beside her lay the now sleeping body of Sparrowkit. Her gaze rested upon him affectionately before flicking her fluffy tail around him. He was growing like a weed...she hadn't noticed it until Roeflame and Moonwhisper's kits entered the world. Are Burnstorm's kits really going to kill you? She smiled at the thought, wishing he could keep his innocence forever. Regardless of if he shared her blood or not, she cared for him like her own kits. She was about to close her eyes, when she noticed movement coming from the nest close to her.

Roeflame was still awake. She had missed her denmate's kitting, choosing to distract Sparrowkit and the others, by taking them out to collect leaves instead. The queen had wanted to be there for her, but the nursery was only so big. There was probably much more room without her and her lumbering belly inside. "Can't sleep?" she whispered, careful to not wake the sleeping kits at the other molly's belly. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she could faintly see their figures. She smiled warmly, and let out a gentle purr. "They are so precious Roeflame." she paused, blinking softly. "You and Burnstorm will be wonderful parents."

@ROEFLAME .

• IMG_1447.png.webp
  • FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 30 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    currently mated to Flycatcher / / mother to: Falconheart and Stormfeather
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
The birth had been difficult, labor a monstrous beast that had tested Roeflames resilience in a new way.
The queen would have made a vow to herself to never go through that again.
She would have… if the pain hadn’t been almost completely washed away by the newfound love and adoration that these three bundles of fur and mewls had brought her. Roeflame remembers the hurt, but it is now distant, replaced with the joy that sleeps comfortably in the crook of the warriors stomach.
Night falls once more, but the tabby does not sleep- how could she? Closing her eyes would mean no longer seeing the twitch in their impossibly small paws, no longer being alert enough to properly protect them if danger called.
Irrational, deep down she knows, but she could stay awake for a little while longer…
Can’t sleep? A familiar whisper twitches at her ears, and Roeflame raises her eyes to meet Flamewhiskers. Returning her denmates warm smile, the queen nods softly.
“I dont think I can look away.” The golden tabby admits with a sheepish breath of humor.
Carefully, the molly uncurls her tail slightly in order to give the other a better view of her kits, too proud not to show them off when she could.
The fiery queens words earn a quiet purr from Roeflame, emotion blinking upon her waterline.
“I sure hope so. I want to be everything for them.” The she-cat hums, gaze drifting back to her kittens for a brief moment.
“How are you feeling? I’m sure Flycatcher is anxious for them to be here.” Her question is accompanied by a more earnest smile. Raising her kits alongside her former mentors was a surreal realization, but an experience the queen was excited for nonetheless.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ I don't think I can look away

The new mother's words made her smile, and she remembered fondly her first few days with her first litter. Her first kitting had been hard, especially loosing Lilykit and Butterflykit...but everything had worked out in the end. She remembered spending her first few nights awake, just simply watching them. Their tiny kneading paws...their little ears that wiggled while they nursed. She missed those days so much...her kits had grown up too fast.

Roeflame carefully moved her tail so she could see the sleeping bundles, and Flamewhisker gently cocked her head and blinked warmly. "Oh they are just perfect." she breathed, before turning her attention back to the other tabby. Soon her own kits would be here. She couldn't wait for that day...to meet them, to name them. Her and Flycatcher had already talked about names, even though she didn't particularly care for some of his suggestions. Firekit...no way.

"You will...I know you will." I can see it. From the look of love that poured from the molly's eyes when she gazed upon her new kits. Roeflame would be an excellent mother, and she had no doubt that Burnstorm would make a wonderful father. He was Little Wolf's son after all.

Roeflame then asked how she was doing, and she glanced down at Sparrowkit. "I'm feeling as well as I can, giving all that has happened." she said quietly. These past few weeks had been anything but peaceful, but hopefully now that the wolves were gone things would start to become normal once more. "I felt them kicking the other day...The first time you feel them moving is always so exciting. I know Flycatcher is ready...He can't wait to teach them to climb. I know he has good intentions...but just imagining them climbing a tree makes my heart stop!" her last few words were exaggerated with an amused chuckle. Every cat needed to be able to climb in an emergency, but she was definitely not one to enjoy heights.

• FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 30 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    currently mated to Flycatcher / / mother to: Falconheart and Stormfeather
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
In the quiet comfort of their late-night conversation, Roeflame’s purr grows as Flamewhisker goes on about her own pregnancy, nodding with empathy- stars know Roeflame had been a mess herself until her kits had arrived, before their brightness had over shone all of her shadows.
At the deputy’s comment about her fear of tree-climbing, Roeflame spares an airy laugh, half-mindedly picking a claw at the edge of her nest.
Oh, how she missed snaking through the branches of a great oak tree, quipping at those who peered at her from below.
“I love to climb- it’s one of the things I have missed the most, but I can’t say I would be thrilled to see my own up so high.” The fellow queen agrees in part with an amused shake of her head. “Have you talked about names? I’m sure you both have some ideas in mind.” Roeflame asks after a fleeting moment of easy silence. There had been so many names that had crossed her mind when she had been pregnant, but she knows the names she had ultimately chosen were the names her children were meant for.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.