copycat tryna cop my manner // leafkit

R

Roachhiss.

RATHER GO OUT IN A BLAZE OF GLORY

In the warmth of her sunning spot beside the water, Roachkit lounges about like the royalty she knows she's is. Heavy lidded gaze of jade trails along the passerby's, watching, observing. Judging Her sibling is at her side, the way she likes it - she doesn't stray to far from her family's side these days, still learning and growing into her own skin. Hidden behind nave smiles and fat crocodile tears lurks a snake with fangs dripping poison just waiting to strike. With an idle lash of her plumed tail and a feigned yawn, she stretches gracefully, rolling over and to the side to peer up at Leafkit, gaze coy. "Did you see that warrior go by with that minnow? Who is she trying to impress with that tiny catch - I bet you could do better, if Cicadastar would just let us out of camp," she cajoles. She bets she could do even better than leafkit, but she knows better than to admit her thoughts aloud - she's begun to notice the sparks of annoyance from forestkit at her supposed 'meanness', the glares from the queens when she slips up or doesn't react the way they expect. She knows it's because she's better than them - emotions are nothing more than a crutch, one she's glad to be without most days, but it'd be nice to not have to second guess herself every time she opens her mouth.

// @Wolf_ because i don't know Leaf's sub if you have one. also figured maybe it could start out as comments behind peoples backs and perhaps evolve into actually bullying someone.

"I see a red door; I want to paint it black"
Warm sun dappled a brown tabby coat, blue eyes closed as they rested comfortably on a nearby rock. They had spent the majory of the day with their sister, Roachkit, and it was just how the preferred it. Out of everyone in the clan thus far, she seemed to understand them the most. A snort left the little kitten at their sisters words and cracked open an eye to peer down at her as she looked up at them, coy flitered through her gaze. Leafkit glanced in the direction of said cat Roachkit spoke about and gave a little giggle, "Oh for sure, we could catch a salmon for certain but you know Cicadastar- 'we're too little'," Leafkit mocked the leaders' tone and voice as best as they could, it coming out high pitched and whiney, and rolled those brilliant blue eyes. Then the brown tabby moved closer to their sister and whispered to them with a paw over their maw, "Did you hear that Frostpaw has this like massive crush on Raccoonpaw? Poor dear is too dense to even notice," They gave a laugh at the thought of it all, a crush. How silly of a thing to even want to have let alone be crushed with.
✦ ★ ✦

RATHER GO OUT IN A BLAZE OF GLORY

A quiet snort of laughter is quick to slip past parted lips, before the next piece of idle gossip catches her attention. Jade gaze narrows contemplating, her face smoothing over in a blank mask as she ponders this. "Really?" she doesn't get the appeal, nothing about raccoonpaw strikes her as powerful or interesting, and they're certainly not aesthetically pleasing in any way. Her nose wrinkles at the thought, before an unholy gleam enters her gaze. "Do you think father knows she's throwing herself at raccoonpaw-?" they may have only interacted every once in a while, but she'd bet anything Spiderfall would be just as disgusted by his sisters behavior. She almost wants to tell him - but then she remembers Frostpaw is also technically related to them, and she's already vowed not to pick sides when it comes to family matters. Another lazy yawn and stretch, as she wriggles around in the dirt and sunlight to get comfortable, and her attention catches on something interested. "Isn't that one of those weird cats that came from the 'ocean'-thing?" she mewls, tail flicking in Kelpie's direction. The she-cat seems to be staring at the nursery, and Roach wonders what could be going through her mind. Is she spying on them? Or just stuck on babysitting duty? The molly seems quick to flee upon being noticed though, a frown on her lips and a look in her gaze that roach has trouble recognizing. Probably some useless emotion.

"I see a red door; I want to paint it black"
The brown tabby cat gave a laugh at their sister and swished their striped tail idly, "Please I am sure the youngest of kittens notices it," Leafkit pointed out to the other, "Throwing herself at Raccoonpaw, Citruspaw too- seems Frostpaw isn't really one to be loyal," They rolled presitine blue eyes at the thought of it. Relationships where weird. They always seemed to be sourced in something they would never understand, something they've never experienced in their short existance in life. What was this love they called it? What came of a crush besides someone to bother you for the rest of their life? That seemed more annoying than anything else, "No, thats Willowroot, Raccoonpaw is from here before Riverclan was formed- at least that is what I heard," Leafkit gave a disinterested shrug of their shoulders and their gaze followed Roachkits' over to Kelpie. Rather strange, those cats. Coming from a twoleg contraption for something on land, seemed rather pointless to them. Why not stay? Why give up something like that? Idiotic really.

//ic opinions only!!!
✦ ★ ✦