private DO YOU REPENT // gentlestorm

He's never liked the tom. It was unexplained, but given he left with Little Wolf and then returned without his mother, yet claimed to love her... there was always to be that distant disconnect. It hadn't been something of note then, though. Skyclaw was nothing more than a petulant child grieving (in many ways, he still is.) It's never ramped up to more than huffing and puffing, and if given the chance, Skyclaw would avoid the tom's den as if it held the plague inside. It seemed like they both were okay with this arrangement.

Unfortunately for the both of them, the new leader has to intrude. He's been told by some of his warriors that apprentices are hiding out in Gentlestorm's den - it's as if the tom is hosting a sleep over every night and not allowing the youth to escape into the day. He vaguely knows of the apprentices (knows that by some adjacency, Gentlestorm must feel responsible for them,) and knows that it is his job, as leader, to ensure apprentices are being trained properly.

Skyclaw does not announce his presence as he skulks into the medicine den, clinging to the shadows to look upon Gentlestorm discussing with his nephews. His eyebrows furrow. "Important conversation we're having here, it sounds. Can I bid in?" Skyclaw doesn't waste time strolling closer, "I'd hate to miss out on gossip, you know."

@GENTLESTORM

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — Gentlestorm had been trying to see if there would be a way to get his kin out of dangers way especially after he had promised to their late father and mother that he would've watched over them, he tends to keep the promise to the best of his abilities and doesn't feel that it's safe for either apprentices to be here. He's noted the absence of a certain lead warrior and his brood so it makes the pale tom believe if he could get Coalpaw and Hopepaw out of camp far enough they could likely stick to each other's sides to search for Burnstorm along with their adopted littermates. Admittedly, during his uncomfortable herb patrol with Wrathpaw... The older tom had taken the time to search for spots where the two young cats could slip into the undergrowth and hide but he hadn't figured out a way to disguise their scent just yet.

"When the two of you get out... keep each safe and look for..." Unfortunately for him, it didn't seem like he would have the time of finding anything as the sound of approaching pawsteps causes him to fall silent. His pupils narrow when it's Skyclaw that decides to show up in his den and the fur along his spine prickles as he moves to stand in front of the two young apprentices and the tyrant "leader" as he likes to refer himself as after forcefully dethroning Howlingstar. His dark pelt mirrors that of his mother, Little Wolf, and yet he lacks the vibrant gentle green pools that the tom had grown to love. All that he sees in front of him is a hateful creature that wants nothing to do with him and the feeling is mutual.

Despite his protective stance over the two kits of his best friend, Gentlestorm remains calm and levelheaded as if he hadn't been mentioning the potential of escape. "I'm afraid it doesn't concern you." The medicine cat says dryly with his ear flicking to the side as his copper eyes watches the other carefully and snorts at the mention of missing out on gossip. "What do you want? If you don't have any injury then you don't have any business here." He continues with a barbed tongue uncaring of who he's speaking to and he feels frustration that he isn't able to do more, if he did anything too foolish then Skyclaw's followers would likely attack him. Kill him even... Skyclaw had killed someone blessed and gifted by the stars whose to say he wouldn't do it again?

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    58 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

• Crying
Reactions: foxlore
Skyclaw tuts softly, eyes half lidded as he looks towards his mother's mate. He stands over his charges as if they are no better than kittens - useless sets of claws that haven't learned the woes of battle yet. When he was their age, he had seen worse tenfold. Perhaps if he was coddled like them, life would be slightly easier… Alas, he was not, life was not, and at the end of the day, what ifs did not matter. What did, was the attempted treason right beneath his nose.

"Oh, Gentlestorm, but I'm afraid it does," he says in response. A growl rumbles in the leader's chest while he effortlessly sizes up the medicine cat. The other still appears larger, perhaps due to his plush fur - it didn't really matter to Skyclaw. He wasn't afraid of a tom who's main focus was a pile of leaves and petals. "These apprentices are ThunderClan's, not yours, not the wild's. You're suggesting they abandon their birthplace - that's treason. And treason… well," he rolls his shoulders back, his frown deepening. "It's punishable by death -" and in the same breath as the final syllable, he launches.

Perhaps the medicine cat expects it, or maybe he doesn't. Skyclaw isn't necessarily quick but he is named for his battle prowess, so regardless of how prepared Gentlestorm is, the mottled tom is more ready to counteract it. He hears shouting from the apprentices as he tackles the older tom over, fangs exposed and poised for the throat. As he dives, Gentlestorm latches his teeth around the first thing he can grab - and swiftly does the tip of Skyclaw's ear tear away. He doesn't double over in pain, but Skyclaw doesn't feel capable of slaughtering the medicine cat either. You need him alive, he tells himself. The position needs to be filled, an apprentice must be trained - all before this old tom could die.

But a penance - a penance of sorts must be paid.

Skyclaw lets out a feral growl, and before Gentlestorm can right himself again, the leader's gnarly claws score down the sides and flanks of the medicine cat - one after the other. He does not take time to assess the damage he's done - he knows that it's enough to feel warmth on his paws in the aftermath, at least. He stands over Gentlestorm for seconds too long, it seems, as one of the apprentice's gains the courage to swipe at him, claws nicking his foreleg. Fiery eyes zero in on the dark furred Coalpaw before Skyclaw finally falls back, glaring at the cluster of cats. He, alone, could not take them - but they're right in that his followers would swarm them in the event of his death. Trying to take his life now would not be smart.

"I'm giving you another chance, Gentlestorm. You and your littlelings," he dare not call them kin, dare not insinuate that Gentlestorm has broken a code adjacently. Skyclaw flicks his bleeding ear, tail lashing as he glances down to Coalpaw, "And you. Leave ThunderClan, and no one who loves you here will ever love you again. I will be sure of that." As if the apprentice would survive even a day on his lonesome. Again, he holds his glare over the medicine cat, taking solace in the red ribbons that spill from his sides before leaving.

• Angry
Reactions: GENTLESTORM

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- his home had become a prison overnight. he doesn't recall it ever feeling like this, like he's stuck, but he is and it does now. it wasn't always like this. he remembers being trapped one time before. his mother had set him in that lock, caked in her blood and panting wildly with a worrisome look in her eyes. she told him to stay, and being the good kitten he was, he did exactly what he was told. he's always done what he's told– there is no secret there. but... this time is different. he is doing what he's told, not only because he is a good young tom who does as he's told, but because he's scared what will happen if he doesn't. yewflame has already made it painfully clear what would happen if he didn't. and now...

everything happens so fast. he tries to stay quiet, to bite his tongue and mind his business. skyclaw was not afraid to kill howlingstar, his own kin, so it's safe to say that orangepaw didn't know if he would be next. stars, he did not want to be next. he flinches away from the voices as they speak, pushing his paws against his ears to try and muffle the words but when they stop and a snarl rattles the air, his eyes widen and he snaps his gaze over to skyclaw and gentlestorm. he can't stop anything that happens, as the world moves in slow motion. his chest heaves in and out, and when skyclaw looks at him, his blood freezes. please don't hurt me. I won't tell anyone, please– i–

skyclaw doesn't hurt him... physically at least. he must know the fear is enough and quickly he scrambles to his paws put of his nest, ignoring the full burn and ache in his leg. he can't move fast enough. he needs to move faster. his large paws fumble over wounds on gentlestorm's body, and his fur becomes tainted. he will never be able to wash the blood off– he will forever remain stained by the blood of the medicine cat and it's not even his fault that he's like this.

"g...gentlestorm, i-i don't– please don't leave me. you... you can't leave me. you can't. I'm not ready for you to go–"

his voice cracks, shaking as he attempts to press a paw against gentlestorm's cheek.

"you can't leave me... you can't. everyone else is already... I'll have no one... I can't have no one... stay awake... i need you..."

he doesn't even know when he started crying but his body won't stop shaking. orangepaw is traumatized.

"i-i know! w-we will help! h...hopepaw and coalpaw... we... we can help you just... st-stay awake... tell us... tell us what to do... I can be brave for you, gentlestorm. but you... have to stay..."

⊱⊰ He refuses to leave. Not the medicine den, not ThunderClan, not even if Coalpaw goes. Hopepaw won’t leave behind Gentlestorm, or Orangepaw, or Roeflame—of his parents’ graves. Gentlestorm talks about when the two of them get out, but even he has to know by now, doesn’t he? Roeflame staying behind, being separated from her kits, has cemented the lilac-furred apprentice’s choice. He won’t leave. But when a slimy voice speaks up from the shadows of the den, it becomes apparent that no one is leaving. At all. Skyclaw doesn’t scare him, not really—he’s fought Beetlepaw, after all—but the way he looks at Gentlestorm definitely does. And as the conversation grows more heated, he’s left to do nothing as his uncle rises to stand over the three apprentices who are tucked into the den.

Hopepaw, ever languid, leaps swiftly to his paws with a harsh inhale when the fight starts. His gasp is ripped from his chest, panic flooding him in an instant as he’s too slow to stop what’s coming. Skyclaw leaps at Gentlestorm, and then the fight seems to be over just as quickly as it had started. Claws rip into Gentlestorm’s fur—except it isn’t fur, it’s flesh, and even in his panic Hopepaw can see blood. He imagines what it tastes like, copper coating his tongue, and for a heartbeat he’s too light-headed to do anything but stare. Skyclaw just stands there, though, and Hopepaw should do something-

Coalpaw does it for him, swiping out and catching the rogue leader across the leg, and finally Hopepaw springs into action. A low noise leaves his mouth, the sound of an emotion he can’t even place, more a groan than a hiss; he steps forward to stand as close to his uncle as he dares, his soft spill of lilac fur now turned spiky, every hair standing on end.

"I can’t wait until someone kills you," he seethes, watching the dappled tom retreat. Bloodied, beaten, his uncle looks near death as he lies in a heap upon the floor of his own den. And Skyclaw’s final words ring in his ears still, echoing with vile intent. His head whips to Coalpaw, prioritizing reassuring his brother first. His brother always comes first. "He’s wrong. I’d still love you. I’ll always love you, okay? You’re my littermate, and nothing can change that." His voice is small, but he tries to keep the strained edge out of it as he aims to rub his forehead against Coalpaw’s. And then… he turns to look at Gentlestorm once more. Something in his chest splinters, cracks growing as they split outward—the bowing of a creaking tree that’s liable to break in half at any moment, an icicle set to shatter when it hits the ground with too much force.

He shakes his head, trying to shove down the bile that rises in his throat. He can… he can think about falling apart later, when he’s free to stain his nest with all his tears in secret. He just can’t think of it now. Tears won’t help Gentlestorm get better. He shifts, making his way over to his uncle, and begins: "How can I…" You can’t help. There is nothing he can do except watch his uncle bleed. He’s rendered helpless in the face of all this tragedy, unable to do anything—because in the grand scope of ThunderClan, he’s useless. He can’t fight like Batwing, he can’t heal like Gentlestorm… he can’t leave like Burnstorm.

He was supposed to stay no matter what, so he could make sure Gentlestorm and Roeflame both stayed safe. And already he has failed. He isn’t the injured one, but still it feels as though there are claws tearing him apart from the inside out. "I’m sorry. I’m so… sorry," he mumbles under his breath, his expression crumbling beneath the fear coursing through him. Orangepaw is talking to Gentlestorm, trying to get the tom to respond, begging him to stay awake and promising that they can help. He knows he can’t stay standing like this for long, because they have to do something to stop the bleeding, don’t they? There’s so much blood. The smell of it makes his stomach turn, but he manages to pull the fractured pieces of himself back together long enough to turn to the healing… things that are probably meticulously organized around the den. They won’t be anymore, as large paws scrabble through them in search of something that can help. StarClan, if you’re listening… Mom, Dad, please. What will help him?

Light reflects off silvered strands of cobweb, drawing copper eyes to it. He recognizes it… vaguely. He grabs it anyway. "Orangepaw, what do you know about… these? He uses these for stuff, doesn’t he?" He brandishes the bundle of it in one paw, hoping—praying, again—that the older apprentice knows what it is. Orangepaw has been living in this den for… forever now, surely he knows what it is, right?

• ooc:
  • 82611553_KpIiilU8nDvGcum.jpg
  • HOPEPAW ❯❯ he/him, thunderclan apprentice
    skinny, thick-furred lilac tom with deep copper eyes. soft-spoken and sleepy, but can be a bit of a grouch.
    son of batwing and leopardtongue (adopted by roeflame) ; brother to braveheart, hazepaw, cardinalpaw, coalpaw ; adoptive brother to beetlepaw, dovepaw, littlepaw
    mentored by lovelight
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ; does not typically like physical contact from anyone besides his family
    penned by foxlore

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — tw for mentions of blood/injury

Gentlestorm continues to bristle as Skyclaw makes no intention of leaving and a growl slips from his throat as he doesn't look away from the chimera tom. His ears pinned against his skull as Skyclaw continues to speak and mentions that trying to get the two apprentices to flee from their birthplace is treason... "It's punishable by death." It's in that same heartbeat that Skyclaw launches himself at the medicine cat and the large tom unsheathes his own claws getting ready to fight the killer of kin. The silvery tom growls as he does his best to defend himself though he hardly ever locks into battle as of late due to his new role within the clan, Skyclaw dives in ready to tear at his throat. Gentlestorm reacts quickly as his own head dips forward to snap his teeth onto the ear of Skyclaw and tear off a piece of it but that doesn't seem to deter the fake leader.

He notes the hesitation as the other likely realizes that Thunderclan would be without a medicine cat if Gentlestorm were to be killed today. It doesn't halt the wrath of the fake leader as his claws tear into his flesh and there's ribbons of red on the side of his belly, the claws don't stop until the damage is already done. The tom stands over Gentlestorm and all the medicine cat could do is glare at him to stare at the other with defiance in his copper eyes. "That adder should've killed you." He spat with his own venom within his voice though his eyes widen at the sight of Coalpaw rushing forward to swipe at Skyclaw's foreleg and fear spikes in his own body that the warrior would strike back or kill the young tom but instead gives Coalpaw a quick look before warning the older tom. "I'm giving you another chance, Gentlestorm. You and your littlelings."

"Go fuck yourself." He snaps though the chimera already slips from the den and all the tension from his muscles ebb away as he let's himself lay on his side, the searing pain on his side makes him wince though he tries his best to remain calm. The sight of blood never bothered him especially due to his position within the clan but his own... Something about it makes his belly knot with unease and they were deep, if he didn't do anything about it then surely, he'd get an infection or bleed out. A small part of him wants to close his eyes until the pain resolves itself but the cries of Orangepaw causes his ears to twitch and it reminds him of the other three in the medicine den with him.

He shouldn't push himself too much but he does anyways as he does his best to stand slightly or rather hold his upper half up to be able to look closely at Hopepaw, Orangepaw, and Coalpaw. The anger and hatred in his eyes being substituted for worry and fear as he tries to see if nobody else had obtained any injuries. "He didn't hurt you... did he?" His voice a quiet rasp as he asks them all only to turn his gaze to the shelf where his herbs rest, he swallows dryly and a sigh slips from his jaws. He reaches to press his forehead against Orangepaw's gently to reassure him that he's fine that he won't be leaving any of them anytime soon "Shhh... Little glowbug. It's okay, I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere, I promise." Finally, the pain in his side and leg causes him to lower himself to the ground once more as he reaches to press a paw against the injury and he winces as his coat laps up the blood.

He let's his body lay on the ground as a soft breath slips from his lips and his gaze is half-lidded, he's already trying to count how many days he may possibly be stuck within his own den and grimaces. "It's not your fault, Hope." Gentlestorm reassures his kin only to see that the lilac apprentice had gotten some cobweb and he watches carefully only to murmur "It's to dry up the blood and hold the poultice together... Find some marigold... its the orange flowers." A part of him wants to send one of his nephews to seek out Softpaw but the ringing of his ears and the pain that courses through his body makes it hard to think straight.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    58 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- he looks over at hopepaw when he speaks and his ears press down. he did at least notice gentlestorm using the cobwebs a few times. why? he's not sure. he's not a medicine cat. he didn't know what these things did– even if he wanted to know more than anything in the world right now, how to help the very cat that helps everyone– but he is lucked out when gentlestorm says something. good. good. he's still awake enough to help them. his ears twitch and he listens when gentlestorm says to grab the orange flowers– marigolds. okay. he nods, limping to the stash of herbs. so many different things, so many different scents. his tail twitched back and forth before he grabbed the orange flowers. luck was on his side because it seems to be the very flowers he was looking for.

"okay. I got them. now what?"

he steps closer, ignoring the burning ache in his leg. he tilts his head to the side before just sitting down. he can't help but look at the blood on his paws. does gentlestorm ever get used to the feeling? of another life in his hands?

"i'm sorry I couldn't stop him, gentlestorm. I am. I... don't like seeing you hurt."

he doesn't like seeing anyone hurt. he would gladly throw himself in front of raging claws if it meant no one else had to be hurt. why did this have to be gentlestorm's fate? he was a good cat. howlingstar was a good cat. and skyclaw continues to take and take. why?

"sorry. just tell me what to do. I can help."

he offers a sad smile.

• Sad
Reactions: GENTLESTORM