border Down by the River (Lost kit)

"Hey, hey-" Hawkpaw appears, bicolour ears pricked upright at the sight of a stranger close to his own age, bushy tail lifted high in greeting and hazel eyes wide. "We've had cats join SkyClan before who didn't know what a nursery is, I'm... I'm sure we're all just a bit surprised!"

Cautiously he takes a step forward, ears twitching again as he surveys the stranger. This little pink-eyed kitten nearly spits with rage, skinny and frail and trying to stay out of the sunlight. Oh, StarClan. Hopefully Fireflypaw could help, or maybe a kinder SkyClanner like Howlfire or Honeysplash would arrive to save the day before this unfamiliar cat could face Orangestar's wrath. He spares a glance towards Cherryblossom and Figfeather, hoping desperately that the two she-cats wouldn't assume him to be overstepping any bounds as he tries to diffuse the situation. Maybe facing a cat closer to their own age, like him or Cometpaw, would help. "I'm Hawkpaw. What's your name?"

7-png.1793

————————Kitten | 7 Moons | Rogue———————
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Fangs continued to glare at the deputy for a few seconds before turning to face the apprentice, seeming to entirely dismiss Cherryblossom from their mind. This was far from the truth, obviously, their tail tip continued to twitch irritably and they barely seemed to flatten their hackles. "I'm called Fangs." they replied with a flash of their namesake canines, and once again in a manner that gave the impression that they may not in fact like the name. "You all seem to have such funny names. No offense." there was no sardonic smile as they said this - they seemed to be genuine. Perhaps the albino was still too irritated to be sarcastic.

[penned by Delphy].

Figfeather couldn't have predicted the sudden turn in events shortly after Cherryblossom arrived. Before she knew it deputy and loner were throwing insults after each other, Figfeather can't help but look at Fangs with narrowed eyes. This was humiliating- they were humiliating her. The quiet and for the most part polite loner had turned sour-tongued the moment the deputy appeared. All they had to do was keep their mouth shut and take the minor insult, surely that was a fair enough price to pay for protection, food, and shelter Figfeather had been hoping to provide? Is this what kindness and entrusting strangers too quickly led to?

"Flatten your fur, you're speaking to SkyClan's deputy." She hisses, her tense nature that had slowly been vanishing with the stranger was now back in full force. "When I offered to see what I could do to help you I thought you'd know better than to get hostile with the very cats who'd be sheltering you." The warrior hadn't expected both the disrespect towards their deputy and the judgmental comments on their culture. Perhaps it would be best Fangs goes their own way.
  • » Figfeather
    » SkyClan Lead Warrior
    » She/her . AMAB
    » Sire to Sangriapaw & Coffeepaw
    » Mentoring Daisypaw
    » A red tabby she-cat with a mangled leg.
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A foe in battle whose ability to strategize can shift tides.
    » Excels in strategizing and pre-planning her battles.
    » Fights defensively and to aid her clan to victory.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

This stranger's fortunes may have turned with the arrival of Orangestar, beheld to a strangely good mood as she happens across the ever-growing commotion at the entrance of camp. Thankfully, she had not heard the argument unfolding a few moments ago, otherwise her tone might be very different as she surveys the scene:

Figfeather and Cherryblossom bristle at an unfamiliar apprentice, Hawkpaw's ears flat in an a very obvious attempt at placating her. The ginger-eared she-cat sidles to her daughter's side, idly noting that the calico is taller than her now, and turns her attention to the ragged-looking kitten before her. Ochre eyes drag to the apprentice's paws, back past protruding canines and pink eyes, all the way to the top of scruffy ears.

"I don't recognise you." She meows firmly, stating the obvious with no indication that she welcomes a response. Orangestar stands firm, unyielding behind her wall of detachment, but there's a glimmer of curiosity in her eyes as she watches the stranger before her. She spares her council a glance, a wordless question to tell her about what happened after this issue is resolved one way or another. "My name is Orangestar, and I am the leader of SkyClan. Are you hoping to join?"

• 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

[ art by pin ]
  • ORANGESTAR ✧ she/her, leader of skyclan | eight lives

— "a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."
    — single ; mentoring springpaw
    — speech is in #F18C47
    tags | penned by mercibun, contact on discord for plots.

7-png.1793

————————Kitten | 7 Moons | Rogue———————
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Fangs looked at Figfeather, that flash of anger returning to their reddened eyes. Again they were being spoken down to. They'd had such an incredibly long day, they felt their exhaustion in their bones. The albino drew in a breath to reply, perhaps a reply that would see them chased out for good, when an authoritative voice cut the air. Fangs turned to look to the SkyClan leader, crimson eyes taking them in. This cat was older than the so-called deputy, she was battle-scarred and strong and held herself with significantly more authority in the albino rogues eyes. Fangs retort died before it could be voiced, and their thoughts changed track as reminders of home came to the forefront. Of what happens when cats let their pride and ego take control, and the price paid in blood. They had let their exhaustion cloud their judgement, and it might have led to their death. It may still, but the albino knew some things about pretense. A grudge had formed this day, no mistake, but it could be buried bright and hot for now. A look of contrition showed on that pale long-toothed face, and they inhaled deep... and exhaled as if releasing the sudden anger or succumbing to exhaustion and dipped their head. "I'm sorry. It's... been a very, very long day. I shouldn't have snapped, shouldn't have been disrespectful. I... I do need the shelter." they meowed softly, not averting their eyes as they turned to the apparent leader of this group of cats. "I... I would like to join your clan. I can pull my weight, I just... can't make it on my own." they admit, burying their disgust deep within. Perhaps a wise cat could see their hot, sharp rage hidden behind their mask of contrition, but even at a young age one learns how to hide behind platitudes and lies around powerful cats.

[penned by Delphy].

The skinny adolescent before Orangestar slumps, all the fight gone from them as if it had never been present, and she tilts her head incrementally to the right. She regards them for a couple of moments, silent: Orangestar doesn't remember the last time something like this had happened without the offending party being ousted immediately, and it is bad behaviour to encourage ... But despite herself, she's curious. Her status as leader, and the fact that this kit is surrounded by capable warriors, affords her that curiosity.

"Come with me." She rasps. With those three words, she turns towards her den with a flick of her tail and the expectation that this scraggly looking kit would follow.

• // out!
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

[ art by pin ]
  • ORANGESTAR ✧ she/her, leader of skyclan | eight lives

— "a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."
    — single ; mentoring springpaw
    — speech is in #F18C47
    tags | penned by mercibun, contact on discord for plots.

Reactions: Ashpaw