pafp down on bended knee // attempting to apologise

IMG_0764.png

BLIZZARD FANG

For StarClan’s sake, ThunderClan was tearing each other apart! Blizzard Fang’s ears flatten against his skull as he watches fur bristle and spit fly, truth be told- he understood both sides. It was too soon for Sandpaw to be confronted by Sunnyday with an apology, the apprentice was not even out of the medicine cat’s den due to the injury he had given her. But was it really the apprentice’s place, outside of Sandpaw and Lichenpaw, to tell him off? Howlingstar had not made him the equivalence of a kit, he was still a ThunderClan warrior even if training rights were revoked.

On the other paw, it’s difficult to feel sympathy for Sunnyday. He dug his own grave and now he must lie in it. As the bickering disbands he turns tail and sprints after Sunnyday, he’s worried some cats might get the wrong impression, but this fighting must cease. Sunnyday was still a ThunderClan cat, he just needed to learn that forgiveness was going to be a long and difficult road. For now, it would satisfy ThunderClan if he served his clan with a head hung low, no one was ready for an apology yet.

”Sunnyday, hold up! Where do you think you’re going?“ If the feline didn’t want to speak, he could easily outrun Blizzard Fang, he’s not as young as he use to be.

//attempting to talk with @Sunnyday
(Also if i got any info wrong please politely correct me. Ngl i didn’t read all 20 replies to the fullest extent and im not the master of keeping up with clan events LMAO)

WE'RE GETTING LOST! Had Killdeercry felt Burnpaw's remark was worth the reply, it would have been just as scathing. She was not the right cat to ask those kind of questions toward, considering she rarely spent more than the hours she slept and ate in camp. The ruddy she-cat was a work horse of a warrior, she didn't relax outside of a quick meal with her family before picking up something else to do. Of course she would think he was lazy when taking advantage of the fact his relatives were special to the Clan. Of course she would think Burnpaw, more specifically, had more to prove.

But she didn't say that. She doesn't argue with children, she doesn't waste her breath. If anything both Burnpaw and Sandpaw's outburst are fans to the flames, proving the point she was making toward Raccoonstripe. She couldn't be in the wrong, she never was!

Being that Killdeercry wasn't in the medicine den, her back facing the mouth of it, she didn't move. Instead she kept her eyes trained on the Lead Warrior like a snake. Waiting to strike him with sharp teeth. "Respect is earned, not gifted because Mommy gave you something to do. You'll have my respect when you deserve it." She spat, snapping at his flicking tail in warning. Don't toy with me.

"Better start up your report then! I don't obey to the orders of pigs." Whatever words were left for her ears were ignored. She had nothing left to say. She rejoined Crowflowers side briefly, murmuring under her breath, "The girls and I are going to be out for the rest of today. I'll be back before sundown if you or Wrenflutter want company for dinner." She departed from the she-cats side with a supportive smile before disappearing past the ferns to collect her apprentices.

// out! — tags

☀ - WHILST MY HEART STILL BEATS
The tom just wanted to keep fleeing away into the forest where the inviting arms of solitude beckoned him, but a voice cut through the panic laden haze of his mind and it was one that belonged to a warrior. In an instant he was caught within the internal conflict of stopping to talk and to obey, and then of course to continue taking the coward's way out by continuing to run. Both options rang out with thunderous might within the confines of his mind and it only worsened his already unsteady breathing.

The golden tom stopped in his tracks and he opened up the opportunity for Blizzard Fang to reach him, but he kept his head down low and his eyes closed as a way of avoiding any form of eye contact. "B-back to my de-de-den..." He struggled the words out past the laboured gasps of air. He wished it was due to exhaustion but it wasn't and it only made it harder to get a grip of himself. "I sh-ssh-shouldn't have left it, I'm sorry!" The urge to run away again began to build within him as he feared having yet another cat scold or torment him further. ​

IMG_0764.png

BLIZZARD FANG

Relief washes over him when Sunnyday opens a window for Blizzard Fang to approach. Taking the opportunity he steps forward, noting Sunnyday’s submissive stance. ”C’mon, lift your head Sunnyday. You’re a warrior of ThunderClan, are you not?” Blizzard Fang urges, his tone neutral. He does not sympathize for Sunnyday, the Tom-cat has made many grave errors, whatever way he felt he deserved to feel it. But why squander his entire being? Why continue to drown in your mistakes and not learn and make a better warrior of himself? The path to forgiveness would be long and windy, difficult could not describe it well enough, and some clan-mates would never forgive him. But if he was to have any future in ThunderClan, this was not the way to go about regaining trust.

”It was far too early for apologies, she still lays in the nest that your cruelty put her in. You cannot rush redemption and you can’t rush forgiveness.” Blizzard Fang explains, ”But I’m not here to lecture you. I’m here to help you back on the next best path, if you’ll let me.”

”When you think about your future, where do you see yourself? If you’re not happy with what you see, what do you want to see instead?” It seemed gravely philosophical, but Blizzard Fang had an aim.

The tom didn't particularly feel like lifting his head so he insisted on keeping it lowered as he listened to Blizzard Fang speak. Maybe making an apology had been too early, though it had been Lightpaw's words that had driven him to try now. Stupid. It had been stupid. Then again... it did feel weirdly like it was also too late to make an apology too. Maybe it was always going to feel horrid no matter what.

Where did he see himself in the future? The imagery that filled his mind was grim and dark, not something he wished to share at all and it made him visibly wince. So what would he have liked to see instead? Well, that didn't make him feel any better either. All he could think about was Sabletuft, and being in a clan among the pines. Being a father with a loving mate, and being a dependable warrior. All the things he could never have.

"This isn't helping..." Sunnyday finally admitted after a long stretch of self-reflection. He only felt more miserable as he pictured all the things he longed for but couldn't have. "But I guess I'll just be happy if I ever see my hundredth moon. Preferably still being here in the clan."

IMG_0764.png

BLIZZARD FANG

”Well… then let’s make that happen. It’s not too late.” Blizzard Fang truly didn’t think so. It’d take some time, a lot of work on Sunnyday’s end and a lot of grueling days, but if the Tom truly wanted to remain a ThunderClanner he could do it. ”Here are my words of wisdom to you. No more apologies, none of the clan is ready for them. Instead show you are sorry, keep your head low and be there for your clan. Accept that you will be met with glares and growls by some, let them growl, don’t talk back.”

”Keep away from Lichenpaw and Sandpaw, they can approach you, not the other way around. And… what are you even thinking sleeping out of the warriors den? How is your clan suppose to trust you if you cannot even share a den? Your absence in the night only makes them more weary.” Blizzard Fang isn’t sure if he was chased out of the den or if leaving was his own choice, but he can’t imagine Howlingstar would cast a warrior out from sleeping in camp. ”Come back to camp, hunt, eat, sleep and live with your clan, and for StarClan’s sake… stop running away every time someone gives your ear a chew. Take it like a ThunderClanner, and one day your clan may just trust you again.” Blizzard Fang hopes that his words, though tough, inspire Sunnyday to make the next best choice.

Sunnyday was feeling far from inspired by Blizzard Fang's words. The idea of being subjected to further barrages like the one he had just been put through honestly heightened his anxiety all the more. He wasn't sure he could take it again and again, what if his anger got the better of him again? What if they escalated to claws and teeth? What if the threats became reality when he tried to sleep? At this point he wasn't sure he trusted the rest of ThunderClan enough to lay next to them again, but... but he would consider it. He wasn't just going to shun the advice, but he needed time to think.

His sides rippled painfully as he sucked in another breath before speaking. "Thank you f-f-for speaking with me. I need to go, need to think..." It was time to really consider his future, and whether it would still involve ThunderClan at all. This time he decided not to pause or give an opening for the other as he sprinted away into the forest.

//out​