pafp EIGHTH WONDER ✧ pretend

ricepaw

ARE YOU SATISFIED?
Apr 25, 2024
In the camp stands two girls, deep in to the storyline imaginative minds had come up with hours previously. Ricekit and Hollykit stand in a specific way, with Ricekit fluffed up and trying to tower over the other one. They stand on the stage as dual actors, as cats too invested in to a game they had created.

The court behind them roars with fury, demands a criminal like Holly to be put in to justice. But that was Ricekit's childhood friend, how could she demand his head so easily? How could she, when childish eyes stare right back at her, an unmoving will gathered before her?

"And what does a traitor like you have to say about your crimes? Perhaps... You did not commit them at all?" Ricekit steps forwards, a fire in her eyes as she poises to strike; judge, jury, executioner in the face of evil. It is her favorite role to play, something she had taken over with ease with little room to protest against. She watches as Hollykit flounders to speak (though the reality of it is probably that the boy is thinking) and the princess raises her head, staring at the older kit down her muzzle.

She lashes her tail back and forth. "The court is waiting for you, Holly. Speak now, or stand down and go without a fight. Don't make this any harder than it needs to, old friend!" her voice booms, though cracks with emotion- for a second, Ricekit forgets this is a game. She gives Hollykit the chance to explain himself and in a flash of burning emotion, she hopes he claims he did not do it. The court would explode in outrage, but the trial would last longer, Ricekit would not have to come to a conclusion this second...

To condemn is to execute. Ricekit, the princess of the lands, is not sure she could do it.

• @HOLLYKIT | the kitties have too much imagination... too much whimsy..... also the court is fake and only for the story, no cats exist behind ricekit, its just her and holly <3
  • ricekit
    cis female ,, she/her ,, 03 months
    kit of skyclan ,, heronstep x cauliflowercurl ,, sibling to
    regal, curly-furred white she-cat with striking green eyes
    "speech, f0a78e" ,, thoughts
    too young ,, single ,, not interested at all
    smells like hyacinths & lilies
    penned by chuff

𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 Hungry eyes bore into on Hollykit from all sides. A court, a new concept brought from the world of the kittypets. An intriguing concept if only he weren't ar its mercy. Accused, falsely: he stands trial among a sea of backstabbers. And standing at the head, the princess who came to him with her tales of such trials, the one who organized the whole affair - his dear childhood friend, Ricekit.

She does not waver as the regal molly stares her down. It's all just a misunderstanding. The princess has been tricked - but how to make her believe? There are so many cats clamouring for his downfall... But Hollykit won't go down without a fight. He stands tall against her accusations.

He speaks only when it is his turn, takes the cue. "Of course I did not commit them," declares Hollykit, slamming a paw against the ground dramatically. He lifts his head high, pulls that same paw to his chest. Lowers his voice, a pleading stage whisper. "You know this isn't me... You know me best, right? Would I do something so terrible? Don't be - um." What's that word? Candorkit ahd said it a while ago. Like lying, but more grown-up. "DECIEVED!!!" he blurts, bouncing a bit on his toes in excitement once he remembers.

She leans forward then, eyes glittering, sweeps a theatrical paw across the sweeping landscape. "The court decieves you! They're the traitors!" He speaks urgently, as though sharing a secret. And finally straightens up, something almost desperate bleeding into his voice as he wails: "I am innocent! Don't you see?" Her eyes are wide as they blink up to Ricekit. Surely, a ruler so wise as she will see the truth.

His fate depends on it.

• 78595156_PHu3ouPV70uRxD0.png

"SPEECH"
  • HOLLYKIT ⚔︎ she / him, kit of skyclan, four moons.
    a small, fluffy kit with mottled fur and deep green eyes.
    bobbie x blazestar; littermate to lionkit & candorkit, kin to many.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Reactions: CANDORPAW
WdwF4Si.png

YOU TELL ME THAT YOU NEED ME — The dramatics of both kittens makes him glance over in their direction and he can't help but blink at the pair. This is a lot more different than any of the games that he had played as a kitten which had been porcupine, moss ball, and wrestling with his littermates. A frown finds itself present on his maw and he wishes that his siblings would be free to more kit-like activities but he knew that their mentors would keep them busy just as his own. His thoughts briefly think about Bobbie stuck in the nursery while her kittens played outside and got to know the rest of the clan, there's a bitter taste on his tongue when verdant eyes zero in on Hollykit as he claims that he's innocent to the "court" or whatever it is.

A cruel reminder and late legacy of Blazestar as well as the reason why his mentor is stuck in the nursery, they hadn't even gotten a chance to train with each other due to the birth of said kits. He doesn't resent them by any means but it often hurts to stare at the gaggle of kittens for too long. The large apprentice pushes himself to his paws wondering if he should simply spectate or entertain the game between both of the kittens and if he did would it be in favor of Hollykit or against her. In the end, he decides to sit by and watch this unfold before his eyes.

Duge8wW.png

• 8JbI3pG.png
    longhaired red tabby tom with green eyes
    8 moons old; ages the 28th every month
    sexuality unknown; too young
    son of coyotecrest and howlfire
    brother to wolfpaw and hawkpaw
    currently being mentored by coyotecrest
    easy to befriend ; oftentimes quick to anger
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

While Blazingpaw might not have been too terribly interested in the tragedy playing out in Skyclan’s camp, simply watching with idle boredom, Eggshellbloom’s amber eyes were staring with rapt attention at the two actors. Folded ears flicked at each squeaky sentence, gaze flicking back and forth between the pair. Needless to say, the coward was completely invested.

Maybe it had been the emotional burden of the last few days. Eggshell had shed so many tears over accidentally attacking his twolegs. Even if they’d stopped loving him long ago, the thought of no longer being welcome in their world was heartbreaking. After what he’d been through, some escapism was more than welcome.

That said, maybe the daylight warrior was a bit too invested in this game between toddlers. The boy had let out gasps of genuine shock at the storyline’s various twists and turns, each time inwardly chastising himself for interrupting the masterful performance. Two friends, pitted against each other by the politics of an uncaring world, it was like something he would’ve watched on his twolegs’ box while snuggling with them so many moons ago (at least he could understand this one).

“Listen t-to him, Ricekit!” A concerned voice suddenly speaks out, emotion as genuine as the two performers on stage. It takes a half-moment for Eggshellbloom to realize what he’d done, and scrambled-egg features gain a nice helping of ketchup as his cheeks burn with embarrassment. Unlike the box in his twolegs’ nest, these two could actually hear him. “S-Sorry…” The whelp mumbles, shrinking back slightly as he vows to stay silent for the rest of their show.​

Last edited:
Of course he denies it and Ricekit lets out a breath that sounds too much like a hiss through her fangs. They roar, as she thought they would. You know me best, right? She hesitates and its obvious on her face, the sudden widening of eyes, the ears that flatten, the avoidant way she takes a step back. She launches in to her defense but she had already planted the seed of doubt and Ricekit is the unfortunate one to begin sowing it.

Listen to him, Ricekit! The jester of the court cries and she mulls over it further. Did he know? Was he here to protect Holly, rose in her rankings... She clenches her jaw so hard she swears her teeth will shatter. If she had been tricked, deceived like dear old Holly had claimed, what does that make her court? What does that make the princesses confidants, all liars, conspirers-

What does that make me?

He calls them traitors. The court is crying for his blood. The court denies it all. The court, it speaks to her like a snake on her shoulders, they hisses their little lies and promises of the truth that she had never been fully told of. I am innocent, don't you see? "Quiet!" her little voice cries out, desperate for it to stop (though she realizes its only her, its the loudness of her mind that causes her to speak). She swallows hard and her throat feels dry. Eyes flicker briefly to study Blazingpaw, to study Eggshellbloom's embarrassed face.

Her brows knit together and her tail lashes behind her once to the left, once to the right, and then thumps heavily on the ground following an exhale. "Holly..." she croaks, a moment of weakness before she stands tall with a near desperate look. "Explain yourself further. Explain to me," her voice almost pleads, explain to me and not the court. The kittypet princess, in all of her glory- she steels her face, trying to hide emotion from her friend. "I, Ricekit of Sky," she begins her spiel, knowing good and well that this may end up with her being kicked off of her own court... But she holds on with an iron paw, gritting her teeth. "Hereby ad- adjourn the court as a... witness. May Hollykit's crimes be judged by me, and me alone." she stumbles over her sentence at first as she tries to use the big words her mother and father use, but thankfully shes quick to recover.

Green eyes stare forwards. A reflection of green eyes stare back.

• 81382020_TgorGp1EeaLXbkU.png
    ricekit
    cis female ,, she/her ,, 03 months
    kit of skyclan ,, heronstep x cauliflowercurl ,, sibling to
    regal, curly-furred white she-cat with striking green eyes
    "speech, f0a78e" ,, thoughts
    too young ,, single ,, not interested at all
    smells like hyacinths & lilies
    penned by chuff

Last edited:

( ) sometimes she gets worried that ricekit takes her games too seriously. today is one such day where stormkit sits to the side and worries. she's been watching this little play of the two for what feels like hours, settled as a little loaf shape beside eggshellbloom. the warrior seems very invested in the play, much to stormkit's amusement, and she almost flattens her ears when he calls out his support for hollykit.

the mentioned hisses his excuses, and stormkit has to poke herself to not get as invested as eggshellbloom. could it be that holly committed the crimes? ricekit is wise and powerful, she must know the truth, after all it's all laid out in the plot! the swirled tabby won't raise her voice, too scared of her sister's wrath to dare interrupt. still, blue and green eyes fix on hollykit, narrowed with suspicion, although she is becoming more and more convinced of the dappled kit's innocence.

ricekit of sky adjourns the court and stormkit knows she has to act. messy fur billows in a breeze as the girl steps to her paws, tail in the air. "princess ricekit!" she cries, and feels a fire in her belly. this is fun. "i, your sister, would never lie to you. holly is innocent!"

"please, princess, the court must hear his alibi! if not the court, then your loyal council!"
her tone rings with worry, odd eyes brimming with sincerity. beneath her snow white chest, her heart pounds with adrenaline, exhilaration at being involved in one of her siblings' games after so much time spent on the sidelines. kittypet princess ricekit is, but as her sister, stormkit acts as scholar, obviously one of the kingdom's inner circle.

• // "#758ba4"

• 81166334_Nm1jdszqp4yzGgg.png

• STORMKIT ✿ SHE / HER, KITTEN OF SKYCLAN. CAULIFLOWERCURL x HERONSTEP, SISTER TO RICEKIT, DOGWOODKIT, WHITEKIT. 3 MOONS OLD, PENNED BY LAVS
    81166334_Nm1jdszqp4yzGgg.png
    blue tabby with low white and blue/green heterochromia a long-furred blue feline with darker blue curling stripes that splash across her chest, flanks and tail. white floods the fur around her neck, the tip of her tail, her stomach, and paws. dual hued eyes of sky and forest make her pretty in an innocent way, and her body is small and lithe, although her fluffy fur makes her look larger.

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
Fireflypaw finds himself sliding in beside Eggshellbloom comfortably, paws tucked under his large mane. Kit theatrics are always so intriguing, and it seemed like Hollykit was on the tightrope right now against Ricekit. His eyes close as a small, amused smile finds its way onto his lips, listening to the shriek of Stormkit soon after.

"Plead your case, Hollykit. If you are innocent, you must deny the charge." Fireflypaw offers helpfully towards his little sister, his head leaning onto his paws as his back paws stretch out comfortably. A low purr rumbles in his throat as his body flattens out against the ground, round and chunky stomach taking up a whole lot of space in the process. He looked like a big rug of cat fur, but this was most comfortable, in his opinion. If anyone needed him to move, he would.

He turns his milky eyes in the direction of Ricekit's voice. "What are the claims the court has brought against the accused, princess?"
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 21 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

Last edited:
Oddpaw finds himself sitting beside Eggshellbloom and Fireflypaw, with a hum. Settled on his haunches as he watches the tragedy play out between the clan's kits.

He is quite amused by the kitten theatrics between Ricekit and Hollykit. It reminds him of a game he used to play in the alleyways with his peers. He listens to the dramatic words that Ricekit, Hollykit, and Stormkit spoke with a flick of a silver-cream ear.

The feathered calico lets a smile curve upon his lips, as he watches the whole thing play out. He lets out a snort, at the twisting politics the kittens were throwing out. He glances towards Blazingpaw, who is sitting nearby, then turns his attention back to the group of kittens with a twitch of his mismatched tail. Oddpaw hums in agreement, at the helpful words the medicine cat apprentice spoke. He wasn't opposed to bothering the kits in their silly game, only an amused spectator.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • 1a1e4325bc0a9b8c18aa8a0378a5e293e5cfb5cb.pnj
  • ( beware of the silliness!! ) ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖ ODDPAW.
    non-binary ; HE / THEY, fine with gendered terms. ; 12 MOONS & AGES EVERY 7TH.
    apprentice of skyclan | formerly a rouge
    bi-pan / single? / polyamorous / padding after crowsight & owlheart
    pretty, long-legged medium furred sliver-cream calico with copper eyes.
    battle notesthoughts ; "Speech, ac7d88" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like caramel frappe & chilled stone
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

He's shocked, stunned, appalled, aghast! To see this turn of events, to see such a dramatic series of events take place... without him!

Candorkit must interject with flare and fervor, with feeling and... f... um... fawesomeness! At first, he thinks to ask, What does Ricekit get to judge Hollykit alone? But then it is revealed that she is the Princess! Oh, of course... He would come from another angle then! Boldly, he comes to stand in front of Eggshellbloom to protect him from the Princess' unrelenting stare... He hopes that this act would make him forget that incident from before... Candorkit wanted nothing but to be a hero! " Please! Listen to Hollynose— kit— Are we kits? " he suddenly asks. He hates to ruin the narrative, but this aspect of the story doesn't make sense! " What if we're warriors, and um, you're Ricestar? " he suggests.

On with it, anyways. " I was with him the night of the incident! Had I seen such a thing, I would've reported it to you at once, princess... But why did I only now show up? " Dramatic pause. " Someone locked me away! " A twist! " Someone tried to silence me! " he cries. " But I broke free! "

He allows his words to ruminate, he allows the crowd to murmur, to theorize, to praise him for his show of willpower. " I did not see who did it... " regretfully, he admits. " But do you know what I did see? " Another pause. The audience's heart should be in their throats... " ...Green eyes. " An eye color shared by himself, Hollykit, Blazingpaw, and of course... the queen herserself. Uh - princess.

𓆩 ♕ 𓆪 Hollykit has to hold back a smile as Ricekit calls the court to adjourn - this is serious, after all. But still, it is nice to know his princess does still trust him. He dips into a bow to hide the grin. "A chance to explain... So noble of you, my noble princess!" Noble. He likes that word. A chorus chants his innocence, and justice prevails - nearly. He still must convince the princess of his claims.

But first - her head snaps up at Candorkit - Candorflight's words. "Oh! Mhm, Ricestar and Hollynose. That's right, that's right." A quick break, and he's back into it. "Green eyes... But not mine, no! I promise!" She's quick to correct. He's not quite helping her case with that, but it's okay. She's been planning her alibi.

"I didn't lead the foxes to your den, princess! I talked to 'em, like the court says... But! I was - I was trying to make peace! Candorflight knows, he was with me!" He shoots a wide-eyed look to his brother for confirmation. "They said... they said a cat stole their kits! Cubs? Babies? Um." A beat of silence. What's baby fox called? He zones out for only a few heartbeats before snapping right back into his speech as though nothing happened. "I only wanted peace! But... The foxes could not be - What's the word, Candorflight? Con - Connived? Convinced? Ohhhh mhm, convinced -" Another pause for the quick aside, but her passion remains fiery. "I couldn't convince them! Someone stole the fox's kits... And blamed it on you!"

There it is, the big twist... It was all a big misunderstanding! Or rather, a scheme... The foxes, tricked into thinking Ricestar stole their kits, and Ricestar tricked into thinking Hollynose was conspiring with them. "I tried to tell you..." she pleads, softer now. "But I couldn't get there in time. Another cat came and - and took Candorflight! I was so busy chasing after him that I couldn't warn you! I only wished to save my brother..." She trails off, ducking her head in shame. She has failed the princess - but only in that she failed to stop the foxes from attacking. "I'm innocent, I swear it."

• 78595156_PHu3ouPV70uRxD0.png

"SPEECH"
  • HOLLYKIT ⚔︎ she / him, kit of skyclan, five moons.
    a small, fluffy kit with mottled fur and deep green eyes.
    bobbie x blazestar; littermate to lionkit & candorkit, kin to many.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Idly, he had been slinking around camp, eye heavy with exhaustion. Noises coming from clearing closest to the nursery rouses their attention. A pawful of kittens at play and the puddle that was Firedlypaw were enough to prove he was in for a treat. Winding past the cluster of warriors and apprentice's they opt for a spot closest to Hollykit and Candorkit. The rapscallions were getting bigger every sunrise. Despite the headaches and sorrows they often brought on a happier side to his day.

Settling into a comfortable round shape, paws neatly tucked, he watches the dramatic exclamation of Hollykit. Painting a smile on the tired tabby. Eager to play a part, albeit small, he gasps with surprise. Dogbite then dips his head to nod thoughtfully. Mulling over the provided evidence with a faux expression of seriousness. Looking to Hollykit and Candorkit he gives them a knowing brow-lift. Voice low and melodically humming. "I see... That's a compelling defense." Their nose now points towards Ricekit.

Bemused to know what their verdict on the matter would be. "Say princess Ricekit, what is your judgement?" They bowed their head low at the curly-furred kitten. Showing a sign of respect to the tiny-pawed monarch.
  • mobile post

• ✧ LH cinnamon tabby high white blue eye
    npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 34 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric