feeling the rythem inside my chest - roekit

"WE ARE THE BROKEN ONES, WHO CHOSE TO SPARK A FLAME"
Emberstar was worried about Roekit. Not even for the same reasons as the rest of the clan, who seemed to worry that Cinderfrost would tear the child apart in her sleep. They hadn't been there that day, when the medicine cat had put aside her hate in order to work with her leader to get the child to safety. The same cat who did that would never be a danger to that child, that much was certain. No, what worried her was how divided Roekit seemed from the rest of the clan.

It was Cinderfrost, she knew. Roekit would not abandon the molly that saved her, but neither could Thunderclan forgive her. Emberstar's own blood staining the soil had ensured that much.

Since she had played a part in the problem's cause, she reasoned, so too would she be a part of it's solution. She sought out the child, padded over to her with a warm smile. "Hey," she greeted. "Whatcha doin'?"

// @. Roekit .
✦ ★ ✦

I TOLD YOU ONCE, I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN

The cinnamon kit had decided to spend her afternoon collecting rocks that day, scampering from one part of camp to the other, despite Cinderfrost’s warnings about her breathing troubles.
Luckily, the bouts of no-breath had subsided since the fire had swept through her home, and she was able to return to the mouth of the medicine den, mindlessly sorting and turning her treasures over in her paws- that is until a familiar voice caught her attention.
Lifting her chin, two wide eyes lock onto Emberstar, and she returned her greeting with her own small smile. "I went rock-collecting today. They aren’t as smooth or pretty as the ones in Riverclan but… I like ‘em" she explained, shuffling two warm-toned stones towards the leader as if she were presenting proof.
"speech."

"AND THOUGH THE EMBERS ARE NEW, WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LET THE FIRE DIE"
Her grin only grew brighter as she examined the small stones presented to her. "Those look great!" she exclaimed enthusiastically. "Good job! They might not be like the ones in Riverclan but I'm sure ours are, uh," Emberstar squinted at the rocks before her. "Bigger? Yeah, they're bigger."

That was debatable.

She moved past it quickly, turning her grin back to the kit. "Wanna have me help ya find more?" she asked. It wasn't something she would have had time for before Howling Wind took over some of her duties for her. Now though, it sounded like a nice opportunity to relax and kill some time until she was needed again.

I TOLD YOU ONCE, I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN

At the leaders declaration, Roekit looks down at her display of rocks, her head almost tilting as she tries to mentally compare, "Yeah… you’re right!" She agrees, even if she isn’t completely sure.
Then, Emberstar prompts something else, going to find more rocks. Roekit pauses for a second, as if debating if she wanted to move from her spot, she looks over her shoulder, having half a mind to ask if Cinderfrost could tag along, her mothers confession echoing in the back of her mind- perhaps they could make amends?
It only takes a moment for Roekit to remember that the stormy medicine cat isn’t home right now.
When she turns back to Emberstar, she lets an excited smile stretch across her maw, "Yeah! Could we go outside of camp..? Just a little! I bet there’s a ton of cool rocks at the bottom of a ravine!" She asks, her tone tinged with hope and perhaps an little nervousness of asking such a question.
"speech."

"AND THOUGH THE EMBERS ARE NEW, WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LET THE FIRE DIE"
Emberstar was visibly reassured as the kit agreed with her assertion about the rocks without question. All her doubts were eased instantly. Maybe she wasn't as bad with kits as she had thought! Who needed experience, she was a natural!

When Roekit asked about going out of camp, the leader paused for a moment, pondering the request. That was probably fine, right? She'd be right there looking after the tiny molly after all. If anything happened, she could take care of it. "Alright! Let's do it!" Emberstar agreed, nodding down at her. "Just make sure to stick close to me, 'kay?"