private FELL ASLEEP WITH STAINS — ebonylight

Apr 30, 2023
Doubt crawls like ivy up Thriftfeather's throat; he cannot banish the thought that this is wrong. That he hadn't been as choiceless as he had thought himself to be, that, somehow, he had chosen wrong while lacking the knowledge that there was a different course. Sootstar was dead—what was left of WindClan was straggling in barren scrub.

A similar doubt had struck Thriftfeather when he had discovered the age of WindClan—what was any of this for? What was the point?

"Ebonylight?" His voice is smaller than it should be. When he steps, his scabs pull uncomfortably, reminding him of their presence. A familiar worry bubbles in his chest—but those he would normally go to are not here, "Do you—are you ever worried about what happens now?" His voice drops lower, a whisper, "With Sootstar gone and—with a ShadowClanner leading us?" It isn't what he wants to ask—not really—but it feels like the safest start.

@Ebonylight.
DUSKCLAN WARRIOR ✦ GOLDEN TABBY TOM ✦ 11 MOONS ✦ TAGS

*+:。.。 Life was all about choices, wasn't it? Even when your back was against a wall, claws to your throat, you still had options. Cry, beg for mercy, offer your soul to the person who surely valued it less than dirt...or you could fight. And sometimes just accepting your fate was, solely through contrasting the former option, defiant. But little was more cowardly than someone who made their choice only to turn around and regret it.

His name pierces the easy morning air, a gentle voice he recognizes well as Thirftfeather making the smile widen upon his maw. He wasn't terribly familiar with the lad, save that he'd been an unusual addition to Windclan under Ghostwail of all cat's guardianship. It was funny, watching that phantom woman with eyes as scarlet as the blood she lusts after tote around a duckling of all things. Thriftfeather had never fit the role of her son, though. He didn't know a life of harsh stone beneath his paws, a community impossible with everyone around you either too busy fighting for their lives or stealing bits of yours for themselves. Even now, that duckling never shed it's down feathers. It'd always been flightless.
And it always will be, if Ebby has anything to say about it.

"Sometimes" Ebonylight's laughing eyes soften with their tone, sympathy dancing in their serpent-colored hues, "But when I get my moments of doubt, I try and look at things from a different angle" The classic tabby would take a moment to stretch, luxuriously deep in a way none of the injured Duskclanners could afford, before rising back to her feet and stepping up beside her loyal clanmate. Curling her tail along the small of his back, Ebby would purr gently, "Without Sootstar, there can be no true Windclan. The water's long since been poisoned for us, Thriftfeather - you should know this, after everything you've done" she lightly brushes one of Thriftfeather's still-healing injuries with her tail tip, intending to make it sting and feigning it off as a slip of her limb - oops. "A shadowclanner who was willing to lose it all for our clan, for us is more worthy of leadership than Sunstar could ever be, so in truth, we're quite lucky to have Granitepelt. I promise, you'll be okay" her eyes flash, "stick with your real family, and you always will be"

• I am!! So sorry this is a million years late!!

• GENERAL:
    Ebonylight
    DFAB— He/They/She — Pansexual
    17 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Windclan — Moor-runner (Loyalist)
    Mates with Nightingalecry, father to Frightkit, Deathkit and Witherkit

COMBAT:
    Physically hard | mentally hard
    Attack in bold black

injuries: None currently
    recovering from pregnancy