FILLER EPISODE | pinkpaw

Mar 14, 2024

Homesickness sent qualms in the roiling gut of the sun-shot molly, as though it were the preclude to a great wave that would swallow her whole, now simply swimming and crashing against the walls of her twine-woven being. Big emotions hardly stayed still within her, and she had never dealt with such... enveloping sadness before. It seemed to befall her wherever she looked, at the sheer powerlessness of the wildcats to stop the gluttonous inferno. Was this normal for Windclan to deal with? Or was her arrival to the clans simply an unintended foresight to great, graphic disaster? If she knew this would happen, she would have never crossed the wooden fence. Through the great flanks of fire and the billowing smoke it belched, Celandinepaw found the yearning for the safety of her family and friends of the barn most burdensome, like mercurial weights roosting in the crevices of her hummingbird heart. The fumes even reached her lungs where they did not reach otherwise, and the stark fear of it all had stolen her breath away. In such harrowing times, it was hard to simply inhale and go about her business. Restless paws led her to the fresh-kill pile, and wheat-hued eyes caught a somewhat familiar face in the periphery of her vision. The calico apprentice had been the first to defend her at the border of the Horseplace, and thus, was a prime target for Celandinepaw's ever-affable tendency. "Hi! Your name is Blinkpaw, right?" She chirped, her chipper inflection belying her churning melancholy.

( Pre-evacuation! @PINKPAW )

It's not weird at all when her friend suddenly walks up to her like this. She does that all the time! Because a lot of time, she has stuff to tell her friends, but then she forgets, but then she sees them again and she's like, ohhh yeah I forgot to tell them this thing! So Pinkpaw is very understandable when it comes to things like this. Between her paws is a kind of sad - looking mouse... but y'know who isn't sad looking? Pinkpaw! " Yes! " she immediately answers, and then, " Wait, nuh - uh! " A bit incredulously, she repeats herself. " My name is Pinkpaw! Puh - inkpaw! " she repeats, and she sounds a bit like Featherpaw when she does so. " I can't believe you don't know my name! I know your name! " which is, of course...

Um, well it's not like this was a quiz, or anything! It's not like she'd quiz her! Pinkpaw falls silent, suddenly disinterested in this conversation, and way more interested in the fun song she's humming, it's called... Just Made This Up. Right... Now! And then the song is over, and then they're talking again, " Here's how I remember my name. Pink is a happy color, and I'm a happy cat! " Basically full-proof! Fool-proof? It's something-proof!

"Oh! I'm so sorry. Guess I'm not used to the names here in Windclan. They just tacked a 'paw at the end of my actual name! How weird is that? I mean, it's probably very ordinary for you." A giggle bubbled from her rounded muzzle, like the titter of a saccharine songbird, chirpy and energetic in the sunshine. Celandinepaw did find it strange that her name seemed not to change much, but Grave's had to be altered quite a lot (and why he didn't have a 'paw tacked at the end of his name as well). Well, she thought Gravepaw was a good name for her close companion. It seemed that Pinkpaw already knew her name, though, and she wouldn't have to introduce herself! The art of introduction had been lost on the feline who had grown up in the Horseplace where every cat knew her by name and by scent. Here, there were too many cats to keep track of... "Oh, that's good! I always get so worried that my name is too long to remember. But I think it's fun to say, especially with the 'paw!" Voice shone abask in the golden hues of her pelt, as wildgrass-green gaze glanced at the calico molly.

"Oh, that's a good way to think of your name. I'll remember it, I promise! I have a pretty good memory! Except for the name part, but I get close enough!" Celandinepaw chirruped, with keen ears catching upon the tune that Pinkpaw hummed, and she thought it almost sounded like the winny and whicker of a horse. She wondered, briefly, where Pinkpaw had gotten such a tune - was it the cry of a morning lark or the sweet melody of an evening raven? You clan cats sure are strange... "You can remember my name by, uh... Well, I have a yellow pelt. And the flower I'm named after has yellow petals! Wait, that doesn't narrow it down... But surely, you already know my name, right?"