FREE LIKE KINGS [♛] MEETING & PROMOTIONS

Oh, of course- Hyacinthbreath and Weaselclaw, names to match the two-part nature of their medicine cat and leader's aliases, would be great lead warriors! He should have known that a council would assist in leading them, for perhaps the work would not be enough just for two. Boy, had he underestimated the workload that came with Clan leadership!

Sootstar continued, however, and Mallow's attention fastened upon her, unmoving once more. The distractions had died out, cheers perishing to reveal the leader's next intention- to rebirth them as true Windclanners. What exactly that meant was alien to him until she called him and others by name- and how stupid would he have to be to disobey her? She'd probably scoop his eyes right out of his head!

His mother was renamed Brightshine, his aunts now Emberfang, Pollenfur and Marbletail. Cool names all around, really- and his sister was christened Echolight, which was great in his book for he could still call her Echo as he always had and manage to get away with it! And for him- Mallowlark. One might have believed it impossible for his smile to grow in size, but that it did, a fang-toothed grin that engulfed his face to the point where it looked almost painful. Mallowlark- he liked it! It rolled off the tongue effortlessly and with great cheery trill, and that reasoning! His chirpy, bright voice- he was doing well, wasn't he? With Brightshine as a role model, he was making such a great impression!

Inkylotus and Kestreltalon's names joined his cheering as he bounded about, letting the new names of his family and friends settle comfortably upon his tongue.
[ PENNED BY PIN ]

Reactions: SOOTSTAR

dey3ui7-b960f9d3-2e74-46e9-938b-2a199a9500e0.png

The cheers dying down were her signal it was time to move on to the remaining warrior ceremonies.
"Hunts Pheasants, Larkspur, Chicken, Roost, Dapple, Flanders, Lunaria, Lavender, and Pebble, step forward." She lets out a huff, unsure if her sister would need someone to redirect her from storming out of the entrance of the camp. Fool, she could not promote family, not right now... Pebble should know this. Sootstar at least somewhat had to hide her biased tendencies after all... her time would come. But not yet, not now.

"I, Sootstar, leader of WindClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these cats. They have worked hard to build this clan at my side and have vowed to remain loyal to it and you for the rest of their lives. I hereby commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." She repeats the words for this new batch of warriors.

"Hunts Pheasants, Larkspur, Chicken, Roost, Dapple, Flanders, Lunaria, Lavender, and Pebble, do you promise to uphold your vows and serve both WindClan and StarClan until your final days and beyond?"

Once more they say I do, or something akin.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior names. Hunts Pheasants, you are to be White-eye, for your resilience and observance. Larkspur, you are to be Larktrek, for your endurance and past experience as a traveler. Chicken, you are to be Chickenscratch. Roost, you are to be Grackledive, for your skill in using the hills to your advantage. Dapple, you are to be Dapplefoot, for your pelt. Flanders, you are to be Poppysoul, for your... faith." In whatever it is you believe in... "Lunaria, you are to be Moonshadow, for your dark pelt and calm nature. Lavender, you are to be Lavenderstorm, for your stormy nature. Pebble, you are to be Pebblenose, for your curiosity and tracking skills."

It was done.
Her council of warriors all had their names.
Sootstar smiles.

// @Hunts Pheasants @LARKSPUR. @CHICKEN. @ROOST @FaithSilver @Flanders @/moonshadow (sry cant tag easily due to the unique characters) @LAVENDER - @PEBBLE

At the announcement of deputy, Dapple rushed to congratulate the friendly tom with a swift lick on the ear. Who knows where she'd be if he hadn't suggested she stay with them? Probably off in the wilderness alone and with a few new claw marks. She shivered as the frighting cat from her memory whipped around to glare at Duskfire. In the larger molly's opinion Duskfire, was the perfect deputy! She hoped he would help Sootstar's fuse lengthen a bit, or at least help her be less harsh on the other cats. Even if Dapple could simply come to him instead of the leader if she needed something, that gave her great comfort.

As Sootstar announced the rest of the important titles, Dapple was unsurprised and a little relieved her name had not been called. She knew barely the first thing about clan life, and she was more than content hunting, protecting the clan and occasionally helping the queens care for the kits when they asked.

She noticed with a frown how upset the small cat on Dusk's other side was, but held back a knowing smile as Dusk comforted them. Whereas Dapple herself was probably too liberal with such affectionate gestures, she'd seen how Dusk struggled with them. She was happy inky brought out that side of him. She hoped with all her heart for the two cats to be happy, whether they were together or not.

Then something Sootstar said caught her attention. New names? She was taking their names? Her name was the only thing Dapple could lay claim too. She nervously kneaded the ground under her paws, pulling up little clumps of dry grass, hoping she would somehow skip over her. The unlikely hope sparking when she was not among the first eight called on.

that hope was immediately drowned when the small cat called the rest of the clans names, hers included. she stepped forward with the others, trying to calm her nerves with a few licks to her puffy chest fur. Her ever so slight hesitation hopefully went unnoticed as she agreed once more to devote herself to the clan.

Dapplefoot. Dapplefoot. It wasn't really all that different, not like Hunts Pheasants turning into White-eye. Or Flanders turning into Poppysoul. It was different, yet still the name her mother gave her. She sighed, relaxing at the comforting thought.

She let out a quiet, relieved chuckle. Her new leader had named her for the very same thing her mother had, that one white toe on her front right paw, and the splatter of orange freckles on the back ones.

Last edited:

• The ceremony is, as far as Hunts Pheasants is concerned, a droll affair. She sits and watches and listens with only half of her attention. Some of her clanmates earn new authorities, and others are gifted new names. Hunts Pheasants had just started smoothing tangles from her mane-like cowl of fur when Sootstar had called Hunts Pheasants' own name, summoning Hunts Pheasants forward. She steps without caution, head held high-- and rumbles an "I do," when it is expected of her.

The name gifted to her is not unexpected.

Hunts Pheasants mouths it to herself, White-eye, White-eye, White-eye, and finds she has no issue with it. Given time, given that others may call her by it, Hunts Pheasants believes that it may even begin to feel like it belongs to herself. Her eye has been clouded for more of her life than it has been not-- an ever-worsening scar that has slowly eaten away at her vision. It is as much of a reality to her as her marbled pelt, as the white of her paws.

Hunts Pheasants-- White-eye-- nods her acceptance of this gift, and backs silent into the crowd.​

• Code:
    “[color=#F09EA8][b]SPEECH,[/b][/color]”

ALL THE KING'S HORSES

Lunaria would rise to her paws as Sootstar called her name among many others. She would walk forward calmly, with all the poise and grace that had been trained into her very bones since birth.

She would look up at the she-cat she now called her leader, and she would blink slowly as Sootstar called an oath unto them and in a clear voice she would respond beside Hunts Pheasants, "Until my heart stops beating."

Then she was gifted her new name. Moonshadow. And something about the name simply felt...right. As if she was finally being given the name she should have had since birth. She takes on her new title with pride, standing tall and proud amongst the others, her family now.

She was Windclan now.

Moonshadow of Windclan.

Oh, fun! She was still trying to get the hang of these clan cat things together with her sisters and now it seemed like their leader, small Sootstar, had to state their loyalty to StarClan and then StarClan (ghost cats, as she understood them) decided they would be warriors and now she had a new name, and it was just so many sights and thoughts and oh, Mallow and Echo were given new names as well... Her thoughts flew around in her head as the newly named Marbletail wriggled in excitement, her large eyes flitting from cat to cat as she raised her voice to congratulate their deputy and lead warriors. "Wowee, this is pretty awesome," she grinned, tasting her name on her tongue. "Marbletail, how fitting!"

dey3ui7-b960f9d3-2e74-46e9-938b-2a199a9500e0.png

Finally, it was time for the younger members of the clan to shine. Well... some of them were older... but apprentices for one reason or another nonetheless.

"Owlkit, Shrikekit, Melonkit, Lemonkit, Marigoldkit, Leech, Damask Rose, Cold, Storm, Golden, Dandelion and Jenko. You have all come of age or are... well surpassed it... to become apprentices. From this day on until you receive your warrior names, Owlkit you will be known as Owlpaw. Your mentor will be Weaselclaw. Shrikekit, you will be known as Shrikepaw, your mentor will be me." Sootstar was the only cat she trusted in this clan to train her kits... but for Owlpaw? Weaselclaw would make do... and she trusted the tom-cat enough.

"Melonkit you will be known as Melonpaw, your mentor will be Pollenfur. Lemonkit, you will be known as Lemonpaw. Your mentor will be Flaxenjump (NPC, can't find an OOC assigned mentor sry). Marigoldkit, you will be known as Marigoldpaw. Your mentor will be Mousefoot (NPC, can't find an OOC assigned mentor sry). Leech, you will be known as Leechpaw. Your mentor will be White-eye. Damask Rose, you will be known as Rosepaw. Your mentor will be Duskfire. Cold, you will be known as Coldpaw, your mentor will be Hyacinthbreath. Storm, you will be known as Stormpaw. Your mentor will be Heavysnow. Golden, you will be known as Goldenpaw. Your mentor will be Brightshine. Dandelion, you will be known as Dandelionpaw. Your mentor will be Grackledive. Lastly... Jenko... you will be Jaypaw. Mallowlark will mentor you." Good luck... both of you. Her inner-voice snorts, quite pleased with herself for that pairing.

//I wont tag everyone cuz its like 99% of the clan LOL
If I'm missing anyone let me know! If I am it's likely because you picked yourself out a mentor but didn't give me the go ahead on discord to give your oc a ceremony and hence what to name them... So i didn't risk it, sorry!! I am able to make another post just in case I missed anyone

Last edited:
Pollenfur. She supposes she doesn't mind the name -- it's simple enough, descriptive. Though she wonders if it's any more descriptive than just Pollen had been. With a shrug, she accepts her new name, giving Marbletail and Mallowlark an indulgent smile. They're a little more excited about it, it seems.

Next, though, Sootstar announces that her warriors will be training the younger cats of the Clan. Pollenfur waits patiently for the blue smoke to name mentors, and is surprised to hear Melonpaw's name called with her's.

Her ears pricked, the sleepy-eyed chocolate calico finds Honeytwist's dual-toned eyes in the crowd and she smiles, gives her a small nod. I'll take care of your daughter. She thanks the stars themselves that Sootstar has not seen fit to give the poor, frail she-cat to one of her brutes to train.

With a lazy smile, Pollenfur pads close to Melonpaw and touches her nose to the young molly's. "Sound good to you, little sprout?"

PENNED BY MARQUETTE

A meeting is called right before she could collapse into her nest, and with a yawn, Ember is dragged over to the Highrock.

However, when Sootstar reveals what her plan is, the flame point is jolted awake. With fur bristling, her head snaps around to stare at the three newest additions to the council; Duskfire, Weaselclaw, and Hyacinthbreath. Ember groans audibly, throwing her head back dramatically. Great. More cats to boss her around. Sootstar had been overbearing by herself! Her tail tip twitches back and forth in an erratic manner, one eye twitching.

That's enough of this lousy meeting.

Ember's about to skulk back to her nest when Sootstar opens her big mouth once more. The she-cat pauses, her brows furrowing and her lips quirking to one side with annoyance. What now? She speaks of proper clan names, and something about... giving birth to true WindClanners, or whatever. Truth be told, Ember's only half-listening. But when her name is called, she perks up. Snorting, Ember follows her family to the front, glancing over them with narrowed eyes. They're really excited over this clan bullshit, huh?

Sootstar asks for yet another pledge, and Ember rolls her eyes. Wasn't one enough for her? She gives a noncommittal shrug. "Yeah, whatever." Then, by the powers of Sootstar's magical dead cat cult, Ember is named Emberfang, for her assertiveness and her desire to protect. She blinks, then shrugs once more. Could've been worse. At least her family seems happy with their new names.

Melon is called to the meeting with wide green eyes, sticking to her mothers side like a thorn in her back. She had sat patiently as names were called, so many names that she couldn't remember, but then her name. Melonkit. She looks towards her mother with a horrified expression, but Honeytwist is beaming and the look on her face is nothing short but pride.

She gets renamed. Melonpaw. She gets a mentor. Pollenfur. Oh, she knew her! Pollenfur was mamas bestest friend, mama always talked about her. Shes hesitant to leave Honeytwists side, but she gets nudged forth by her mom and shes padding towards Pollenfur on tiny legs. They touch noses and a spark of determination ignites in her. Sound good? "I'll be the best!" she vows excitedly, ignoring the ache in her bones, ignoring everything else that could get in the way of her happiness.
"speech"​

Larkspur rises at the call for a meeting, white paws padding forward to gather amongst the rest of WindClan.

This time, Sootstar doesn't have a SkyClan cat in tow as StarClan's effort to enforce new ranks, but new ranks are enforced anyway. Larkspur cheers along with the rest of the cats as Dusk is named Duskfire - deputy of WindClan. As Hyacinth and Weasel are named Hyacinthbreath and Weaselclaw, lead warriors of WindClan.

The leader continues giving out names to others - an effort she says are gifts from StarClan, a matter of rebirth into true WindClan cats. He cheers for each one, all the while wondering what his new name will be. He was partial to the name his mother gave him, a piece of her he was still able to carry with him.

Soon, Sootstar gets to him, and he steps forward to pledge his allegiance to WindClan, to be graced with a new name.

Larktrek. For his endurance and past experience as a traveller, Sootstar explains. It'll take getting used to, but he likes it. It's new, and Larkspur has been shortened to Lark - what the clan cats had been seeming to call him - yet still holds a piece of his mother in it.

He is no longer Larkspur the wanderer, but Larktrek of WindClan.

Last edited:

The meeting contunied and there was so much going on in this meeting. So many new things that got decided on. If he could be honest it was a bit difficult to keep track on everything!. Still, he listens to every word carefully Sootstar said, and he even cheered when thier Warriors got new names. Wow, he wonderd if he was gonna get a name like that himself one day!. All of this changed though might not be all that bad. Damask Rose smiled softly to himself until the unexpected happend. Sootstar was not focusing on the apprentices in this clan, himself included!. Damask Rose looked suprised even more so when his own name got called out. He would stood up, looking a bit paniced for no real reason really beside having all the spotlight on himself.

And it got decided that his name was no longer going to be Damask Rose but Rosepaw. A name that was not so different from his previous one. He was still named after a rose. And then the biggest suprise of his life happend. His mentor was gonna be Duskfire. The very deputy himself!. Rosepaw had no idea how to feel about this...There was no secret how much he admired and looked up to the bengal but becoming his apprentice...Did he really deserve it?. There was nothing special about himself founding himself highly unworthy. Duskfire deserved for sure a better apprentice then himself ever could be...right?. Rosepaw most have given some sort of uncertain look because Leech was suddenly by his side giving him a light nudge with his tail to let him know he was there. That was right. They could do this together.

Rosepaw smiled braverly as he finally looked at his mentor and stept over towards them as he gave them a polite dip of his head to them. " I'm h-honored to have you as a mentor. I...i look forward to learn from you!." He shyly looked up at the much taller tom, giving them a soft smile. He couldn't believe out of all cats that Duskfire was going to be the one who would mentor him..This...this most be a dream...

Owlkit sat quietly through the ceremonies. To be honest, she found them rather boring. It was good to hear her mother had made solid choices for her deputy and lead warriors, but Owlkit expected nothing less from the greatest cat in the Clan. Sootstar would always make the best choices (and no, she did not think that just because Sootstar was her mother… of course). She murmured her congratulations among the others in the crowd, her paws shuffling in the dirt below her.

Warriors were next, all winding up with names in a similar fashion to her own with a prefix and suffix. Owlkit said her congratulations again but for the most part, she did not really care about new names.

Then, her own name was called and her ears pricked in interest as her paws carried her forward on their own accord. She was given the name Owlpaw and made an apprentice! Weaselclaw was her mentor, something she was only very briefly excited about before Shrikepaw went through the same promotion and received their mother as his mentor. Jealousy coursed through her. What made her brother so special that he got to be trained by the Clan leader while Owlpaw only got a lousy lead warrior — not even the deputy! She held her tongue but the disappointment was apparent on her face. Really, she would have liked to be Honeytwist’s apprentice, learning about herbs and communing with StarClan… but if she had to be a warrior, then she would have wanted her mother to be her mentor.

She stepped forward to touch noses with Weaselclaw but refused to look him in the eye.

• Haha
Reactions: Marquette

bT1YiAw.png
There was only thoughr crossing his mind when he realized Sootstar was giving young cats the name 'apprentice' with a paw-suffix and assigning them warriors to train them: 'Please don't give me you, please don't give me you, please don't give me you-' But thankfully, a combination of favortism and egotism won him his safety and he was never happier to see it. Of course she would train her own kit, that was unsurprising and Dandelionpaw smiled as he gave a sigh of relief. He could really not care either way now who was going to be his mentor, but upon hearing Grackledive's name his ears pricked up and his tail rose. Yes. PERFECT! Honestly, if he sat down and thought about it really hard-outside of his father he'd have probably landed on Grackledive as a preference himself! The tom was friendly, sensible, good bird catcher, wasn't uh....wasn't Sootstar. Yeah, that was about all his requirements.
The newly named Dandelionpaw wriggled in place in excitement, mood lifted considerably from the seconds before of pure terror. The idea of having to train with Sootstar after he'd given her so much lip and backtalk regarding a lot of things...well, he might've ended up with a few 'accidental' bumps and bruises along the way most likely.
Looking around for the black and white tom he siddled on up with a cheerful trot and a bob to his head, "Lookin' forward to learn'n from ye!"

She stands before the leader to receive her new name.

Chicken isn't too sure why this needs to be done, or what StarClan even is, but she follows the lead of everyone else receiving their names, an "I do," being uttered at the same time as those around her to pledge her allegiance to WindClan, to this StarClan that Sootstar continues to speak of. If it means she can stay in the clan, to continue her life of freedom outside of the barn, she'll take the name change.

One by one, the blue leader lists off new, longer names, for those around her. Until finally, she gets to Chicken.

Chickenscratch, Sootstar names the cream she-cat. Chickenscratch sits up straighter at the new name, feeling like she's finally a real member of WindClan.

It suits her, she thinks.

Last edited:

With half of his siblings, Lemonkit becomes an apprentice.

He becomes Lemonpaw. A name change the cinnamon and white tom thinks is ridiculous. Lemonkit suited him just fine! After all, he was a kit, not a foot! What a silly choice. Sootstar could've given him a cool name, like she gave all the warriors.

With the silly name comes a mentor, a warrior assigned to deal with Lemonpaw, to train him so he could get a cooler name some day. Sootstar assigns him Flaxenjump, a dusty looking cat Lemonpaw hardly knew. But this is not before she assigns Pollenfur as Melonpaw's mentor.

"No fair!" he complains to Melonpaw, much to Flaxenjump's embarrassment, he's sure, "How come you get Pollenfur?" At least he knew Pollenfur, knew that she would be a good mentor. Flaxenjump looked like he only knew how to roll in dirt!

// in-character opinions!​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Marquette